[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll just leave this here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: Meat.jpg (29 KB, 640x534) Image search: [Google]
Meat.jpg
29 KB, 640x534
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>7228653
Or because we're succeeding at making animals bigger at a rate that surpasses the increase in world population.
>>
nah bruh take your faggotry with you
>>
I don't know if that's true or not but if it is the reason is mostly because if you haven't noticed, the global economy is in shambles. People don't eat meat when they can't afford it.
Pretty good news because that means the price will lower for the rest of us
>>
>>7228653
I eat at least a kilo of meat a day.
>>
With people getting richer in places like China I very much doubt the total meat consumptions is going down.
>>
400 million less than what/when?
>>
>>7228653
it's not that we're eating less meat, it's that we're making better use of food animals and wasting less
>>
>>7228681
like making chorizo?
>>
>>7228688
that and expanding our idea of what's good food to include things like oxtail soup, and pho and other ethnic dishes that make use of what murkastronk traditionally wastes
>>
>>7228681
and why don't we as a nation eat more calf testicles? We make plenty of steers and I mean they have to be going to waste unless they end up in sausage.
>>
Source? Because with China's meat consumption skyrocketing this is hardly believable.
>>
how many fewer animals were born because people are eating less meat?
>>
>>7228698
have you never heard of mountain oysters bruh?
>>
And because they weren't killed, those animals are still alive today, skipping gaily through the meadows and having tea and crumpets with all their woodland friends, right?
>>
>>7228704
yes but ive never seen anyone eat them outside of a ranch I went to and maybe on tv.
>>
>>7228698
It's a regional thing, and also lots of the times farmers just keep them to eat themselves
>>
>>7228710
eh, they're one of the things in the category of food that /ck/ dismisses as flyover food
>>
File: get over here bro.png (37 KB, 833x768) Image search: [Google]
get over here bro.png
37 KB, 833x768
>tfw every bowl of ramen I depressingly choke down could be saving an animal
>>
>>7228688
>chorizo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM8kH_AQCSg
>>
Dear vegans, is humanity supposed to end domesticated species that have no other purpose than be breed for their animal producs as you/we stop to consume them?
>>
File: ron_paul_ap_605.jpg (29 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
ron_paul_ap_605.jpg
29 KB, 605x328
>>7228709
they're meeting in a secret location to plot the subjugation of mankind. you could have stopped it vegfags. but no, the animals are too cute to eat.
>>
File: 1375048155.58365455.jpg (166 KB, 456x443) Image search: [Google]
1375048155.58365455.jpg
166 KB, 456x443
I'm fine with eating animals, but I think every child should be taught and shown exactly where their food comes from, so they can better understand it and not grow into ignorant adults who have this buffer in thier minds where pretty little pigs go into one side of the factory and get magically changed into ham.
I was lucky enough to be raised around a farming family where I got to see the process firsthand, and yea, theres a bit of a shock at first, but.. you understand it better. Kids can handle it.
>>
>>7228783
For most city kids their only interaction with mammals will be with pets so it's no wonder many turn vegetarian at adult age. I read some article about a Japanese school letting a class take care of a pig and then eating it. Should be more stuff like that but I bet parent would complain.
>>
>>7228801
I believe the key is to kill the animals we eat with compassion, but I don't know how it is possible yet.
>>
>>7228741
ideally, yes.
>>
Yeah, but how many fewer were born?

Do liberals seriously think it is better to never exist at all than to exist and eventually be eaten?
>>
>>7228653
Appeal to emotion is one of the worst fallacies.
>>
So 400 million animals more for me? Great!
>>
>>7228653
I know I ate less pig, but way more beef.
>>
>>7228664
you have my sympathy. you preserve my job at a pharmaceutical company.. we do not whish farewell.
>>
>>7228653
Who gives a shit. Back to fuckin Reddit.
>>
Your point is?

Also a source on that claim would be nice.
>>
>>7229011
So, what's the ideal plan?
>>
>>7229052
But ignoring one's emotions is a great source of trouble.
>>
I'm okay with this.
At least we're less wasteful when it comes to meat
>>
>>7228703
If living conditions don't matter and all life is an inherent good, I don't see why everyone doesn't have a dozen children.
>>
>>7228653
>400 fewer animals got to be delicious
oh well there's always next year, or the year after that.
>>
File: 1451871181563.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451871181563.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
Why are vegans so dogmatic and delusional? Just the thought of being associated with vegans is enough to keep me eating meat, let alone the taste
>>
>>7228653
Thank you for your pointless sacrifice, vegefaggots.
>>
>>7231364
You should be greatful.
more vegans/vegetarians/flexetarians > less meat bought > meat prices decrease/ quality increases > more and better meat for you
>>
>>7231233
Vegan here

>animals currently 'in the system' are killed for meat, like normal
>no more are bred
>humanity finds alternatives to meat and leather products, both of which already exist.
>>
>>7231374
Is there a perfect alternative to a steak?
>>
>>7231422
Kale chips and tofu
>>
>>7228653
This is a good thing. The pollution caused by the meat industry is something we'll have to address, and sooner is better than later.
>>
>>7231422
Yeah, it's called stop eating steak, you fucking animal.
>>
Lab grown meat when
>>
>>7228826
Either we get used to paying more for meat, or start enjoying eating Indians, and the Chinese.
>>
>>7231468
We need to properly farm the Indians and Chinese if that's what we plan to do. I wouldn't eat most of them currently since they'd most likely start rounding up all the homeless and poor people to eat first and they live in terrible conditions.
>>
File: awoo cidney.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
awoo cidney.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>7228658
>>
>>7231374
Do you guys also plan to bring back the species we made disappear?
>>
>People are becoming more gayer as time goes on

We must stop this. Meat is delicious and should be eaten by everyone.
>>
>>7232721

>more gayer

nice double superlative you fucking dumbfuck
>>
>>7232740
*your
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.