[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got some chicken thighs unthawing and I was wondering what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 12555chicken_thighs.jpg (173 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
12555chicken_thighs.jpg
173 KB, 700x522
So I got some chicken thighs unthawing and I was wondering what your favorite recipe/ spice mixtures are. I know there are tons available online but I was just looking for some suggestions of particularly tasty recipes anyone might have. I've cooked them before and can whip up a generic garlic and onion powder with bbq seasoning and shit but its getting old. Unfortunately it's the only way ive ever really made chicken besides with sauce or brown sugar rubs.
>>
>unthawing
>>
throw em on the grill and baste with butter and lemon occasionally.
>>
>>7228471
I've broken the unspoken rules
>>7228473
No grill, plus its below freezing out. I guess I should have mentioned that I only have access to a grill/stove. Oh and a crockpot.
>>
>>7228467
With or without skin?

For skinned chicken thighs I like to put garlic (powder and fresh), lots of paprika, a good dose of salt and pepper, onion powder, and a little bit of chili powder. Then I like that sit in the fridge for awhile.

Then I fry it in oil skin side down, no breading or anything. Then I flip it and let it bake. Turns out nice and crispy.
>>
Debone and remove the skin and cartilage from four thighs.

Boil the bones and cartilage in about 2 cups of water to make 1-1,5 cups of bonestock; meanwhile, chop the skins and render them for their fat then salt the now crispy skins and eat them because that shit's delicious.

Cook 1,5 tbsp of flour with 1,5tbsp of chicken grease to make a medium roux, then add half a chopped onion to it and off the heat.
Keep stirring until the hissing stops then remove from the pan and set aside.

Salt and pan-sear the boneless thighs then top off with the freshly made stock (salted to taste, of course).
Add the roux and stir quickly to dissolve it into the hot stock to make a gravy.

Serve your smothered thighs with mashed potatoes, sautéed tender greens (or stewed hard greens) and an additional veg side of your choice for a delicious, not too difficult meal.
Depending on your knife skills, you can do this all in about an hour.
>>
>>7228467
Wash.
Dry.
Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic.
Place in pan with about 1/4 inch of water or so.
Toss in oven at 350 till done.
The skin will be crispy, and the meat will fall off the bone.
>>
>unthawing
You should take them out of the freezer and let them thaw before you cook them.
>>
File: countrycaptin.jpg (224 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
countrycaptin.jpg
224 KB, 600x400
Country Captain

google the recipe
>>
>>7228467
Coque au Vin. Will require Dutch oven or braiser. Lots of recipes online. Ideal for legs with backs.
>>
Old bay as a rub. Bake off in oven. Finish with your favorite hot wing sauce. Why are people still eating wings is a mystery
>>
>>7228675
fuck this is a good idea
>>
>unthawing

No child left behind
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.