[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got one of these for Christmas, never cooked anything in it before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 71mvruT5elL._SL1500_.jpg (158 KB, 1500x1072) Image search: [Google]
71mvruT5elL._SL1500_.jpg
158 KB, 1500x1072
got one of these for Christmas, never cooked anything in it before

you guys got any recipes I should try out?
>>
these are fuckin dank, family

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-tacos-al-pastor/
>>
>>7228369
nice one blud
>>
>>7228369
Please go back to your home board. You talk like a retard.
>>
>>7228417
look out, we got a big guy over here!

but in all seriousness kill yourself, you enormous piece of shit
>>
I bet you feel like a working class chump.
>>
>>7228352
Literally dump anything and everything into it.

Run it over night. You should have an edible grey slop by morning. Salt to taste.
>>
>>7228428
Heh, I made some poor, uneducated moron on EBT mad.
>>
>>7228352
Diced beef, carrots chopped roughly, same with onions and potatoes, add some gravy. Herbs and spices.
Let it go for 12 hours. And be rewarded with a delicious stew.

A slow cooker can make the cheapest cuts of meat taste amazing. I regularly make a shin beef casserole.
It's a recipe from Trinidad and Tobago. Utterly delicious.

Don't remove the lid to check. Don't stir the food. Simply leave it and get really tasty food.
Slow cookers are also great for soup.
>>
salsa chicken
>>
Carmelize onions in it and add them to dishes later.
>>
a wad of cheap meat, some liquid, and some salt before you go to work makes easy dinners, but they get boring fast

if you want to step it up:

celery, onions, and carrots are great to toss into the crock pot as well. They'll give the meat a lot more flavor too.

Also dice up some potatoes.

fresh herbs depending on meat you are cooking (rosemary goes great with chicken, for example)

you can also try things like chicken and dumplings. put a chicken, onions, celery and salt water (or chicken broth if you've got it) in the pot. In the evening mix up some flour and water and drop bits of it in there.
>>
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-beef-stew.html

I am in same boat as you OP. I tried this recipe and it was fucking amazing. Only thing I did different was I left the meat red in the middle, and added a few extra carrots.
>>
i made a soupey tonight
heres the ingredients

ONE BIG YELLO SQUASH
ONE ONION
ONE RED PEPPER
TWO ORANGE PEPPERS
ONE BIG OL' BROCCOLI
SOME GARLIC
SOME GINGER
THREE RED POTATOES
RED PEPPER FLAKES
LOTS OF CAYENNE
HERBS
SALT
SUGAR
MSG
BBQ SAUCE (JUST A LIL')
LIL' BIT A CHA'

turn it up on high
my niggas
>>
>>7229957
oh yea

add powdered mashed potato to make the broth a lil' thicker

happy crockin' /ck/
>>
Not spaghetti.
Anyone who tells you you can cook spaghetti in a crock pot is a fucking liar and you are going to waste perfectly fine noodles.
Source: I am an idiot.

capcha: testimony tbackhs
Thanks, capcha.
>>
>>7228470
Attacking words does not make you intelligent nor educated.

You likely could not even decipher what the man you are replying to is even pontificating. I won't insult you by calling you names. God bless your troubled soul.
>>
My new poor person winter thing is:

>Garlic cloves
>Carrots
>Celery
>Stock (I use better than bullion brand beef stock and chicken stock)
>Onions
>Herbs
>Butter

Crock pot those bad boys on low for about 24 hours and blend then up. Extremely dank, extremely thick broth to sip on whenever. It fills you up and you can practically chew on it.
>>
>>7229958

Oh BABY I'm doing this next time I make >>7231861
>>
>>7228352
my wife started chili in ours this morning. should be delicious when i get home from work.

and yes, of course, she put in beans.... TWO KINDS!

also, throw a pork butt in it with an chopped onion and cover with apple juice/stock/beer. 8 hours later you add some sauce and you're eating some primo pulled butt
>>
http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/chicken-tikka-masala-crockpot/

Made this the other day. I usually make a big pot of something and store it in mason jars so I have grab n go lunches for work.

Slow cookers are the shit.
>>
>Inedible gray slop: the appliance

No thanks.
>>
File: 1447850393686.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1447850393686.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>7232240

>he can't cook anything tasty with the most elementary of appliances

What fast food is on the menu tonight?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.