[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck, what are some good meals that I can cook and save for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Chilli.jpg (504 KB, 625x5000) Image search: [Google]
Chilli.jpg
504 KB, 625x5000
Hey /ck, what are some good meals that I can cook and save for easy reheating?

I live by myself and I'm tired of spending so much on buying each meal, post links, recipes, photos.

Pic related, I found it on /fit and was thinking of trying it out later today
>>
depends if you want to make a big pot of shit, or portion everything out like a savy single mom who fucks the mailman.

can't go wrong with pasta.

if you're a fit fag make wraps.

if you're fat fag make burritos.

I'd also say make big batches of side dishes to accompany something like sandwiches: try potato salad, i like tuna pasta salad, cajun rice and beans, fried rice, linguine and alfredo, bean/veggie medley, or just make soup to reheat.

all of those start with cheap and easy to make/mix ingredients like pasta, produce beans, rice lettuce, etc
>>
>>7227186
>Over 1,5 kg of meat
>Lunch for three days
>>
>turkey
>beans
>corn
>peppers
>tomato paste
>chicken stock

Literally this is in no way a chili. It is poor man's "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing" food.
>>
>>7227246
>It is poor man's "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing" food.

>>>/fit/
>>
>>7227246
I don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing, so I believe it
>>
I make this Spanish stew very often, it's delicious and easy: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/884644/spanish-bean-stew
>>
>>7227904
Forgot to say, it can be frozen and reheated. I use left over Chinese food tubs to portion it out.
>>
eating all that meat is unhealthy. I eat chili 2x a day but it's all veggie chili.
>>
File: 12131.png (61 KB, 201x202) Image search: [Google]
12131.png
61 KB, 201x202
>>7227929
>>
>>7227186

>tfw yearn to cook in bulk
>tfw freezer compartment of my fridge is horrible

But I'm moving out soon so there's hope!
>>
>>7227958
I don't have a massive freezer by any stretch, but I like to spend a day once a month cooking stuff so that I can freeze it and have it later.
>>
>>7227186
Lots of soups. Rolledup lasagna (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/lasagna-rollups/) is fun & reheats well. Bread also freezes well, but I rarely buy it so I don't know what you'd use it for apart from sandwiches.
>>
>>7227186
I like to microwave previously cooked soups and casseroles. Anything saucey will perfectly reheat.

Try a 9x9 square pan or round 2qt pyrex for manageable 1-2 servings for yourself now, and with 1-2 serving frozen for later.

Enchiladas done like lasagna in layers with the tortillas stack nicely. Take leftover chicken, combine with sauce, and layer beans, cheese, sauced chicken with tortillas, bake, cut into squares, into ziplocs when cooled, and freeze. Nuke or bake to reheat. Add an egg on top to turn it into huevos rancheros for a hearty breakfast. Serve with a salad for lunch. Green canned tomatillo salsa like Herdez, or roasted tomatoes are great do it yourself sauces. Other casseroles: stuffed shells, lasagna, ham/veggie mac n cheese. Stews like beef, pozole, 13bean. Anything creamy can be frozen minus the sour cream or cream, and then added once warm. Think paprikash, or baked potato soup.

Meatloaf and meatballs are great to portion out. Think about meatloaf shapped into oval patties on a baking sheet. Then sauce them again when reheating, or slice for sandwiches. A single recipe of meatloaf can make 3 regional themes if you portion them separately. Add asian flavors to half the ground turkey, and traditional the other half. Prevents boredom if you glaze some with hoisin, half with chili sauce.
>>
>>7227186
Any recipe from /fit/ is guaranteed to be shit. Look up a standard chilli recipe, it's similar to the pic but you don't add sweetcorn and you are supposed to cook everything much more slowly.
>>
>>7227958
You could always invest in a separate chest freezer if you have the space
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.