[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hangover food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14
File: hov.jpg (58 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
hov.jpg
58 KB, 240x240
what`s your best hangover food?
such as rice noodle? ice cream?
>>
>>7226349
Spaghettios out of the can with Tabasco on it
>>
>>7226349
that pic is blood of ox stew
>>
>>7226352

u like spicy hangover food
>>
>>7226357
Yeah it clears out my sinuses. Black coffee is good for your liver too
>>
File: bd.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bd.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>7226376

u know the truth

in my nation, instant noodle is the popular.

by the way have you ever eaten that(pic)
>>
>>7226349
Drink spoiled milk from a dirty ashtray
>>
I typically eat greasy shit, burgers and fries with Gatorade. I'm an alcoholic with maybe 3 years of "fun" living before my body completely gives out
>>
File: crudo-menudo.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crudo-menudo.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>7226349
>>
File: crispy-pork-roast-duck.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
crispy-pork-roast-duck.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
>>7226436
feels ya.

im as hungover as a human can possibly be right now.

i can only handle ice water.
would like this though
>>
File: spamchovy pizza.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
spamchovy pizza.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Cold pizza with hair of the dog is always the best.

Zero effort, and the saltier the better.
>>
Slinger with over easy egg.

Hash browns.
Hamburger patty or sausage patties
Chili
Cheese
Onions
Over easy egg.
Hot sauce.
>>
>>7226349
My life isn't such a pathetic mess; I'm also not a cowardly faggot that needs to get drunk to escape the reality of my existence so I do not drink nor get drunk, nor have I ever had a hungover.

Best hungover food is probably eating a shot gun shell because if your life sucks so much or you're too much of a pussy to face reality, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>7226499

I really like your blog...
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>7226499
>>
>>7226499
Basement dwelling virgin detected
>>
>>7226499
You sound like you're fun at parties!!
>>
>>7226349
Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, all covered in hot sauce.
>>
File: 1329621200167.gif (476 KB, 260x360) Image search: [Google]
1329621200167.gif
476 KB, 260x360
>>7226499
you are young and naive, sweet child.

you will be shown no mercy.
>>
File: fry-up.jpg (52 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
fry-up.jpg
52 KB, 618x416
>>7226349
>>
File: 0010160.jpg (29 KB, 450x473) Image search: [Google]
0010160.jpg
29 KB, 450x473
>>7226499
LOL he doesn't drink!
>>
>>7226499
Just kill yourself already.
>>
File: image.png (227 KB, 611x624) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227 KB, 611x624
>>7226349
>sober all week
>go out Friday
>hung over Saturday morning

If Going out for brunch: hair of the dog. Bloody mary & beer back. Couple eggs with buttered toast. Maybe the soup of the day if they've got it. Maybe just fries instead. Used to like 2 am burgers, but I don't eat mammal meat anymore. If I'm at home I'll just whip up some eggs and probably get ready to go for a long bike ride or to the gym. And more water than I feel like drinking.

>go out thurs, go a little beyond 'weeknight drunk'
>Friday sucks, have fun again Friday night, and Saturday/night
>maybe a little [a lot] on Sunday too. By this point I'm getting worn down

>come Monday:
Anti anxiety pills. Coffee. Avoid social contact as much as possible. Maybe give mom a call to hear her voice. Restless dreams that night. Food can't/won't help these types of hangovers. Coming off benders you just feel like you're gonna die constantly no matter what.
>>
I get a turkey sandwich and a cup of mint tea.
>>
File: ZODqTtE.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
ZODqTtE.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1920
>>
>>7228819
That sounds yummy anon.
>>
>>7228897

Is the point of hangover food to induce vomiting?
>>
>>7228927
Is the point of your post to make you look like a retard?
>>
>>7226499
>Telling someone to kill themselves in a non-ironic fashion

Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>7228897

Those eggs look under-cooked on top and burnt too a crisp on the bottom.

Fucking revolting.
>>
Not drinking alcohol in the first place
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.
>>
>>7226349
Cracker Barrel's Country Fried steak breakfast.

Grease is the hangover killer.
>>
How much do you guys need to drink to even get hungover? I wake up tired if I don't get enough sleep after drinking, and sometimes I have a very mild headache, but I don't think I've ever gotten a real hangover.
>>
>>7232356
About a case of Natty light. Or one bottle of merlot.
>>
>>7232332
If you worry about your liver, maybe you should consider taking milk thistle extract. I take it daily because I'm a blossoming alcoholic/drug addict and I'm sure I've trashed my liver already.
>>
>>7232364
I never drink that much actual liquid when I'm getting drunk. I always use liquor for that. Maybe that's the main difference.
>>
>>7232365

I'm pretty sure I fucked my liver over on all the dxm I did in high school, long before I started really heavy drinking.
>>
>>7232374
For me it was DPH. Fucking freshman year I ate that stuff like candy whenever I didn't have weed.
>>
>>7232365

>milk thistle extract

I sometimes buy "detox" tea, which has that as one of the main ingredients, but then /ck/ makes fun of the idea of "detox" foods and so I drink more liquor to not feel so bad.
>>
There is none. If your hangover is alleviated by food. You are hungry, not hungover.
>>
Arizona green tea, eggs over easy and sausage gravy, potatoes and a bloody mary
>>
>>7226349
Any number of soups, mostly of the asian persuasion. Laksa, Ramen, Wor Wonton, Hot and Sour, Shrimp and Tamarind, Tom Yum....
And of course the classic western soups like Chicken and Rice or Chicken Noodle, or Minestrone, or Cream of Potato, or Cream of Mushroom, or a hearty Vegetable and Beef Stew.
Any soup that contains good broth, vegetables, meat, and spices, basically. The broth is the most important part, really.
>>
>>7232365
You're replying to some old pasta, I hope you know
>>
>>7228410
QUEEN?! WILL SHE INALLY GO TO GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND TO FIND WIND CHIME FATHER?!
>>
File: YES THE SHIT OF ALL SCOTS.jpg (45 KB, 580x385) Image search: [Google]
YES THE SHIT OF ALL SCOTS.jpg
45 KB, 580x385
How has no one posted this yet!? Everyone in Scotland swears by it.
>>
Usually if I have a real hangover then I can't stomach anything at all. Was my birthday on Saturday and it was the most drunk I'd been since the start of university, next day I didn't get out of bed until like 8pm and still couldn't eat until like 10
>>
>>7233337

Alcohol poisoning =/= being hungover
>>
>>7233006
what is it
>>
I drink a bottle of gatorade. Bam. No more hangover
>>
>>7226349
3 beers and some pho
>>
>>7226349

Pretty basic but sausage or bacon with HP Brown sauce. Maybe on a sandwich
>>
>>7226499
>nor have I ever had a hungover
Made me kek for some reason, just imagined someone angrily saying that and being serious
>>
I go to my local diner little family owned greek place called RESTAURANT i get
I get what ever the speical is that day most days and am never let down
Ill never for get the first time i went there it was the day after my jr prom i had a bottle of wild turkey 101 a bottle of jager a quater bottle of vodka and i had many drinks with other people at some point in the night some one gave me a cup that let me get free refills of beer
Good days i was know as the biggest drinker in high school any way the next day i woke up with the worst hang over in the back of my frienda pick up he i went to go to mcdonalds but half way found that diner and said fuck walking sat down inside and just orderd the speical been going there ever since
>>
>>7226349
You get hangovers because of dehydration

Drink water before/after/during drinking. Take a multivitamin too. No more hangovers.
>>
>>7234009
Not true.
>>
>>7234139
Agreed.

It does make them less severe, though, and will serve to eliminate most of the experiences that kids consider to be hangovers.
>>
>>7226499

6edgy9me
>>
>>7232332
My buddy's 43 with about 1 month to live. Yellow-orange, in and out of consciousness, can't eat, abdomen swelling, internal bleeding . . . . When the doc told him how long he had to live, he was shocked. He figured he'd always get a second chance, still has so much he wants to do in life . . . .Don't get on that train unless you're sure you're going to the final stop.
>>
File: 41brouwer.jpg (117 KB, 480x346) Image search: [Google]
41brouwer.jpg
117 KB, 480x346
>>7226499
Booze is real so booze is reality you dipshit.
>>
>>7226499
>the only reason people drink is to escape reality

life isn't like the movies, friend-o
>>
An open-faced sandwich on toasted light rye, with chopped boiled eggs, mayonnaise, salt & pepper.

Fixes me right up
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.