[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegetarian Dishes for a Potluck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: retards2.png (910 KB, 1163x639) Image search: [Google]
retards2.png
910 KB, 1163x639
Guys, I'm going to a potluck dinner tomorrow and I still haven't decided what I should make. All of my usual dishes are meat based and don't translate well to a vegetarian version, and I don't like baking enough to be the 14th person to bring dessert. Any recipes I could find on youtube or googling were either tryhard trends like kale quinoa salad or Indian food, and I'm already one of the only whiteys at an otherwise Indian party.

Post your best vegetarian recipes that can be easily transported/reheated for a potluck.
>>
Jello with fruit cocktail in it topped with mayonaise
>>
How about Irish stew?
>>
potatoe salad but don't make it a chunky ass potato salad, had to be smooth
or a coleslaw which is amazing
>>
>>7226200
Why do people poke the avocado pit with a knife?
Like nigger it comes right out wtf are you doing.

Anyway just bring guacamole everyone loves guacamole.
>>
File: avocado.jpg (223 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
avocado.jpg
223 KB, 1200x1600
>>7226333
Your supposed to just tap the blade in and twist it out, not use the point
>>
>>7226200
Just buy some shit from the deli counter at the grocery store and put it into your tupperware containers.

Voo Wa La, more time to get your drink on before the party. When it comes to Indians, the more you drink, the less they stink.
>>
File: 1439260644528.jpg (151 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439260644528.jpg
151 KB, 1000x1000
>>7226381
>When it comes to Indians, the more you drink, the less they stink
>>
>>7226200
Just some ideas
Mac'n Cheese, Spaghetti/Mostacholi with chunky mushroom/vegetable sauce, Lentil sloppy joe's with mini buns, bean Chili frito pie/casserole, deviled eggs, broccoli cheese casserole
>>
>>7226200
Make some flavorful dips for bread:
>Roast butternut squash with garlic, ginger and paprika. Blend with boiled chick peas.
>Bake an eggplant with garlic and rosemary, all wrapped whole in foil. Chop it finely and continue roasting in a skillet. Whip cream cheese into it.
>Blend white mushrooms into a slurry. Heat them in a hot pan, no oil, until all the water evaporates and you get mushroom paste. Season it well and fold it into sour cream and mashed potatoes with some crushed nuts.

Alternatively, halve a bunch of romaine hearts and flash fry them in salt and olive oil. Serve with a sweet mustard or a jalapeƱo jam.

If you need a side, cut thin carrot sticks and deep fry them for just 10 seconds in raging vegetable oil.
>>
>>7226200
Are eggs on the table? Make a spinach quiche or some kind of pie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.