[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people really like the taste of alcohol or do they all pretend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 6
File: images (17).jpg (14 KB, 436x337) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
14 KB, 436x337
Do people really like the taste of alcohol or do they all pretend to just to seem mature.

like shit I drink but the stuff tastes awful mane
>>
No, almost all human individuals enjoy the taste of beer

Of course Muslims and other crazy fanatics pretend not to due to superstitions, but all humans are genetically predisposed to enjoy consuming alcohol beverages, especially those under about 17% abv
>>
literally everybody is just pretending, it is nothing to do with your inability to relate due to your ASD
>>
>>7225686
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
>>
>>7225674
Nobody likes the bitter astringent taste of alcohol, if they did, people would brew consumable pure watered down alcohol
People who enjoy alcoholic beverages try to find the subtle flavors that are in alcohol, which is why nobody who claims they are a connoisseur chugs whiskey

But honestly, you could just focus on drinking something that doesn't require you to spend 10 minutes trying to decipher the flavor of something that tastes like a baby wipe
>>
>>7225695
Note, I said almost all, not 100% of all people

Yeah, if you have some uncommon mutations strange things can happen
>>
I like alcohol but yes it's a strong taste. I have to be in the mood for it.
>>
>>7225720
>Yeah, if you have some uncommon mutations strange things can happen
What whitebread meth town do you live in? Practically half the people I know are Asian and a decent % of them turn pink from one glass of alcohol. Doesn't stop them from drinking, of course. Social pressure is a funny thing.
>>
>>7225674
i bet you're the type of manchild pleb who hates tomatoes and olives
>>
>>7225720
it's pretty common in asian people. you also said "all humans are genetically predisposed to enjoy alcoholic beverages" which is clearly wrong. sounds like junkie logic.

>if you don't like alcohol you must be a crazy muslim!
gluglugluglug
>>
>>7225733
according to the very page you posted 36% of east asians have it, and it is not really a thing in other populations

Also, this disorder is not synonymous with being abstinent , a very many people with this condition enjoy drinking, you need to stop reaching

Also, what does meth have to do with anything? Do asian people living near meth not have it as often, or are you just saying random things?
>>
>>7225747
Almost all alcohol abstainers in the first world are religious fanatics. In america primarily evangelical protestants/Mormons. In europe, muslims
>>
>>7225674
Many do, but its often an acquired taste.
>>
>>7225751
I didn't post anything, you are arguing with more than one person. And "not 100%" implies practically 100%. 36% is a lot.

There is a stereotype that flyover towns full of provincial white rustics have a problem with specific drugs: meth and oxycontin. It's like native americans and vanilla extract. Or inner city blacks and crack. Surely even though you've spent your entire life within 15 miles of your birthplace, you are aware of these stereotypes, yes?
>>
>>7225769
No, 36% of one subpopulation having a mutation does not qualify as common in the global population

Also, most importantly having this mutation =/= not liking alcohol so your whole point is ridiculous
>>
I legit enjoy
beer
wines
scotch/whiskey
rum
and jag
>>
>>7225747
See
>>7225761
He's that midwestern guy who thinks his little bubble of 20-25 year old caucasian neckbeards wearing green bay packers branded apparel is the entire universe, and anyone who doesn't think, act, talk, and look like a 20-25 year old caucasian neckbeard wearing green bay packers branded apparel, all the way down to their auto insurance, brand of smart phone, deodorant, and favorite color is obviously either trolling or more likely clinically insane.

Stand by for at least we're not the south.
>>
>>7225769
>There is a stereotype that flyover towns full of provincial white rustics have a problem with specific drugs: meth and oxycontin
What does any of that have to do with what percent of asians you encounter have this mutation?
>>
>>7225786
My god you really are autistic aren't you?

You really need for me to spell this out for you?
>>
>>7225674
spend more than $1 in ameribucks and you should be able to find something that tastes like something that isn't some combination of ass, drain cleaner, rubbing alcohol, cooking grease, and rancid fruit juice
>>
>>7225782
Dude, drinking alcohol has ben considered an enjoyable activity for humans for as long as humans exit. Even chimpanzees enjoy it (though humans have further evolved to be better at it)

Most evidence suggest that the very reason humans settled down with agriculture, the precursor to all society was to produce grains for fermenting
You need to get over this hatred you have for humanity. What does any of this have to do with the Packers or the south?
>>
>>7225809
>You need to get over this hatred you have for humanity
Ahh yes here we go. If you don't agree with me in EVERY WAY down to the exact number of neural synapses that fire when smelling the exact brand of dish soap my mother used to use before I moved into this studio apartment near the UW-Madison campus so I could be closer to my frat bros, you are clearly a member of ISIS who wants to destroy all humanity and the American way of life!
>>
>>7225809
>drinking alcohol has ben considered an enjoyable activity for humans for as long as humans exit

because of the side effects it gives us. I hardly believe it's for the taste. we just put up with it because you can't get drunk/buzzed from drinking water
>>
>>7225782
>Stand by for at least we're not the south.
How many times do you post this phrase claiming someone else is about to post it?

It seems like I see it from you in several threads a day, almost always in threads that don't even have anything to do with region stuff
>>
>>7225786
he's just trying to be a dickhead and failing miserably
>>
>>7225821
You can't even perceive alcohol through taste/olfactory until it gets to about 7% ABV.
No one really starts perceiving it as bad until it becomes concentrated. Surely anyone who says they enjoy straight vodka for the taste is messing with you of course, but stuff like beer/wine rarely reaches that threshold
>>
>>7225782
Mad as fuck at flyover once again
>>
>>7225823
>It seems like I see it from you in several threads a day
It's because we've have this same discussion essentially every weekend for the last year, it's getting tiresome to rehash the same point counterpoint that ultimately leads to "at least we're not the south"

>what? you're not exactly like me in every way? what backwards shit hole are you in? it must be the south because at least I'm not in the south. either that or you're not american which means you are clearly a member of ISIS

This is you
>>
>>7225817
>UW-Madison campus so I could be closer to my frat bros
>implying people join frats in Madison

Do you ever travel? what the fuck person joins a frat at a school like UW?
>>
>>7225849
How the fuck should I know, I only looked at top 10 schools.
>>
pure alcohol taste like shit.
>>
>>7225817
So are you denying that most american alcohol abstainers are religiously motivated?
Its just a coincidence that it correlates so closely with evangelical/mormon counties?
>>
>>7225854
I'm pretty sure my definition of "abstainer" would differ from yours, considering how obsessed you are about proving that if you don't drink a 12 pack of spotted cow every evening you're literally Osama Bin Laden incarnate.
>>
>>7225851
>How the fuck should I know,
You are the one always claiming to be well traveled with a deep understanding of this country's culture
>>
>>7225674
>Do people really like the taste of alcohol
yes, next question
>>
>>7225860
You must be thinking of someone else, much like how you're not actually at least we're not the south guy :^)
>>
>>7225859
an abstainer is someone who doesn't drink with any regularity

How else would you define it
>>
>>7225867
Oh, you are just a second guy who spams "at least I am not the south" in random threads that have nothing to do with the south?
>>
>>7225859
So you are not gonna answer the question, or even specify what your redefinition of abstainer is?
>>
>>7225870
The only people I've met who don't drink for religious reasons, simply don't drink, period, ever, under any circumstances. They're even paranoid about wine reductions.

I know a ton of people who don't drink as a matter of habit, but if offered a drink at a party, or at a holiday meal, they'll drink it. But it won't cross their mind to ask for more, because they are not "drinkers" in the sense that you and I are.

This is perfectly normal. It doesn't make them Bin Ladin. It doesn't make them the axe lady from your high school history book. It doesn't make them "progressive" or whatever weird confused batshit theories you're going to spout off on again. They just don't find it interesting. Like people who don't get excited about coffee. I find it difficult to sympathize with this way of life, but I accept that they exist, because I have met enough of them to convince me that it's not a freak occurrence, but a normal thing. Perhaps if you ventured outside your bubble, you'd learn.
>>
>>7225893
>The only people I've met who don't drink for religious reasons, simply don't drink, period, ever, under any circumstances. They're even paranoid about wine reductions.
Its not nearly that simple as places with more backwards religious traditions have added social pressure not to drink even if you don't literally believe that your drinking will lead to eternal damnation. Also, there are more legal barriers, look at some of the crazy liquor sales laws in Utah, or the alcohol excise taxes in Alabama
>>
>>7225910
Yes, it is that simple. The places you describe are sparsely populated and culturally have almost no influence outside of some weird corners of the internet, AM radio, and late night paid programming. The reason I keep bringing up your "at least we're not the South" thing is that you seem to believe they're about to come out of their swamps and take away your booze. This isn't going to happen. Neither is Carrie Nation going to lead an army of fat pink-haired SJWs to steal your spotted cow.

Just accept that there are a lot of people who can go for weeks, if not months without thinking about scoring the next shipment of KBS or whether this restaurant has any wines that Alice Feiring would approve of, and it has nothing to do with Jeebus or Anwar Alwaki videos.
>>
>>7225920
>is that you seem to believe they're about to come out of their swamps and take away your booze.
I don't believe this at all. I do think it is ridiculous that people have superstitions that prevent them from drinking and cause them to pressure those around them into avoiding alcohol though, I don't think we should coddle those backwards beliefs
> Neither is Carrie Nation going to lead an army of fat pink-haired SJWs to steal your spotted cow
You lost me here, no idea what you are talking about
>Just accept that there are a lot of people who can go for weeks, if not months without thinking about scoring the next shipment of KBS or whether this restaurant has any wines that Alice Feiring would approve of
OK, but there are very few people who do not consider the availability and selection of alcohol to any extent when picking where to eat. Its an integral part of the dining experience in america. Most people choose to drink alcohol at the very east when they are out for dinner, even if they are otherwise not very social and don't find themselves in situations where alcohol is around

and to clarify, I never even implied that if you go a few weeks between drinking that makes you an abstainer. Now if you go a few months, then you might be on to something
>>
>>7225920
>The places you describe are sparsely populated
Not everyone lives in NYC and San Francisco, america is a big place. As much as this may dishearten you a lot of people live in other states besides the one you live in and the one where most of your movies are made
>>
>>7225674
I used to think like you. Then I found out there is wine and beer and hard alcohol in this world that is actually delicious. It's just, for whatever reason, not what is widely available.
>>
>>7225920
Regardless of your political beliefs, stuff like beer and wine taste good to people with mature human sensory organs. So if you abstain from it, there must be some reason behind it. Unless it is some rare health condition, or you are just too poor to worry about it, its unlikely to be very logical
>>
>>7225935
>I don't think we should coddle those backwards beliefs
I don't think we should expect everyone to justify why they drink or don't drink. It's a personal choice, you sound like a raging alcoholic when you get butthurt and assume the person subscribes to a very specific, exotic set of personal beliefs based on what they drink or don't drink with dinner.
>You lost me here, no idea what you are talking about
Carrie Nation is a historical figure, I was making fun of your assertion in a previous iteration of this discussion that people who aren't raging alcoholics must be "progressive feminists" which in your mind is a belief system similar to radical islam and evangelical christianity.
>OK, but there are very few people who do not consider the availability and selection of alcohol to any extent when picking where to eat.
Sure there are. One of the partners at the firm where I work, with whom I dine a few times a month, doesn't drink because of medication he takes for a neurological disorder. My mother doesn't drink when we eat out together because she has a sensitivity to a very common wine additive and it's safer for her to simply limit drinking to home when she can control the selection better. My brother takes ADHD medicine and more than one drink gives him an unpleasant sensation. A coworker of mine is trying to get pregnant. A childhood friend of mine grew up in a hippie "no chemicals" household and never picked up any cultural attraction to alcohol, caffeine, or drugs of any sort. Etc.

Why are you so obsessed over making sure everyone around you is drinking all the time? To paraphrase irish stew guy, you sound like one of those high school peer pressure skits.
>>
>>7225968
>>7225920
>>7225893
>strawmanning this hard
wew lad
>>
>>7225944
So are you saying you live in one of these places you described? Because if you don't, your obsession is difficult for me to understand. There are all kinds of quixotic laws and belief systems all around the world, many of which would affect me directly if I lived in one of those places, but at the moment, I don't, and I'd think very carefully before moving to any place where this would be a concern. And even so, there are ways. When I worked in the UAE, I was surprised at how free flowing the alcohol was. When I visited Singapore, people actually chewed gum to my surprise. Outside of maybe the DPRK human beings will find a way to do what they want to do.

Why does it seem to you that some preachers in the deep south are an imminent threat to your personal happiness?
>>
>>7225968
>. It's a personal choice
So you are not the least bit curious when people make odd decisions?

I guess I am just a curious person, when people do strange things I am always wondering why
> I was making fun of your assertion in a previous iteration of this discussion that people who aren't raging alcoholics must be "progressive feminists"
You must be confused. Progressives and feminists were very much the ones behind prohibition historically, but I certainly have not suggested that they are currently behind such agenda. As you so frequently point out I am not so fond the south and their religious conservatives too, so where exactly do you think I stand?
>doesn't drink because of medication he takes for a neurological disorder
Again, I never said such people do not exist, simply that they are not particularly common. People who cannot drink due to medical considerations are not that common
> My brother takes ADHD medicine and more than one drink gives him an unpleasant sensation
What ADD meds interact with alcohol like that, I surely combined Adderall and alcohol in college on many occasions and never noticed anything personally (I am asking out of curiosity, not suggesting you are making it up)
>A childhood friend of mine grew up in a hippie "no chemicals" household and never picked up any cultural attraction
So you seriously think that the primary reason people drink is because of our culture, I would certainly argue that the opposite is true, our culture exists as it does because drinking is enjoyable and many alcoholic beverages are tastey
>>
>>7225984
>There are all kinds of quixotic laws and belief systems all around the world
Not nearly so many as germane to this thread
>>
Whenever I drink alcohol (sometimes even soda or juice does this), my shoulders hurt like crazy. Is there something wrong with me, doctor /ck/?
>>
>>7226007
Sounds like shoulder cancer
>>
I used to think like you OP, but then I found
>Hard ciders, the more expensive ones I'd kill for
>Mixed rum drinks
>SOME wines
>>
A lot of it tastes terrible but some genuinely does taste good. Personally I dislike beer since it literally tastes like stomach bile, but I like ciders and white and red wine.

I introduced my friends to cider and its all we drink now, and every now and then someone brings some wine. It does take some getting used to but eventually you do develop a palate for it; most people really do like the taste of fruity/girly drinks but once you've had enough you'll also start to like dryer flavors. I distinctly remember the point where I realized a wine I had once liked was too sweet.

Oh and food pairings are no joke. If given a variety I prefer to drink so that the last thing I drink is the sweetest and I won't eat any sweet foods immediately prior to drinking because it throws off the flavor contrast.
>>
>>7226023
>I dislike beer since it literally tastes like stomach bile
I need to start trying some bile, I never realized it tasted like beer
>>
>>7225998
>So you are not the least bit curious when people make odd decisions?
If I don't know the person, the question crosses my mind, but religious fundamentalism is pretty far down the list, well below "former alcoholic", "medication", "cheapskate", "probably really tired", "uncultured neanderthal", "violation of his probation", and "recently took a short position on Constellation brands"
>not particularly common. People who cannot drink due to medical considerations are not that common
They actually are quite common, especially as they get older people tend to develop all kinds of medical problems and their doctors load them up with pills. But younger people can be on meds too.
>What ADD meds interact with alcohol like that,
I'm pretty sure it's concerta but I don't recall, I know he's switched meds a few times.
>So you seriously think that the primary reason people drink is because of our culture, I would certainly argue that the opposite is true, our culture exists as it does because drinking is enjoyable and many alcoholic beverages are tastey
I'm not really sure I see any conflict between those two points of view. Perhaps it is the fact that you do, that I find strange.
>>
I've been an alcohol for a few years and I still don't like the taste of beer, wine, or liquor. Lots of bitter things tick me off as well.
>>
>>7226034
You've been an alcohol?
>>
>>7226023
>most people really do like the taste of fruity/girly drinks but once you've had enough you'll also start to like dryer flavors. I distinctly remember the point where I realized a wine I had once liked was too sweet.
This is truth.

Start with pina coladas, margaritas, Smirnoff mix drinks and whatever the punch at the party is.

Eventually, you'll try some beers, some wines, and a rum and coke.

One day you'll drink a leftover IPA and hate it.

Then a few months later you'll try those IPAs again and they're pretty interesting. That same week you'll have a dry red wine and maybe a scotch, neat.

Now you're one of us.
>>
>>7226030
>the question crosses my mind, but religious fundamentalism is pretty far down the list, well below...
What about the fact that local drinking rates so closely correlate to religiosity in america, especially adheres to evangelical and mormon sects? (as opposed to catholic sects which generally are the least devout and heaviest drinking)
>>
>>7226034
one of the many reasons why your sobfrot threads belong on /soc/ t b h f a m
>>
>>7226030
>I'm not really sure I see any conflict between those two points of view. Perhaps it is the fact that you do, that I find strange.
You stated that he doesn't drink because he was not exposed to the cultural attraction to it. I'd say that human attraction to drinking is what created out culture, and regardless of how one is raised they would enjoy drinking to some extent once exposed to it
>>
>>7226037
What about it? I don't go to church, and the few people in my life who don't drink for religious reasons are already out of the closet with me. I don't offer to drink with them, and they don't ask me to pray to their deity with them The only time I drink with strangers, I'm in a drinking establishment, so that filters out anyone who abstains because of religion. At a business meal, drinking is not obligatory and asking why someone else didn't drink is somewhat impolite.

What's the concern here? You'll order a glass of alcohol and the person sitting at the table will swipe it from you and pour it down the sink? I really do not understand your obsession with this.
>>
>>7226059
It's a she, but making a general statement about culture doesn't imply that any one person is obligated to conform 100% to that culture. Are you some kind of fascist?
>>
>>7226067
>What about it?
Back to the original point that the most statistically significant portion of abstainers in America do it for religious reasons. No one ever disputed that other reasons exist, but they are dwarfed in sheer numbers
>>
>>7226067
I feel bad for people who limit their lives due to super stations their parents taught them

Abstaining from pork for similar reasons bothers me just as much. and the fucking Amish, it blows my mind that we allow them to subject their children to such ridiculous supersitions
>>
>>7226071
>hat any one person is obligated to conform 100% to that culture
I am saying human enjoyment of alcohol transcends culture. Its straight up genetic disposition
>>
>>7226072
I have not found that to be the case, probably because those kinds of people are all concentrated far away from me where they can't touch my special place.

You still haven't answered my earlier question. Is that a place where you live? Why is it such a concern to you?
>>
>>7226084
>Is that a place where you live
No, my state is not particularity religious. Not a lot of atheists, but a whole lot of apathetic people due to the largely catholic culture

Seeing how cultures let superstitions effect them is an interesting topic to me. I am definitely not worried that such practice will spread here, I consider that very unlikely, but I would definitely be happy to see backwards cultural practices recede
>>
>>7226079
Are you the same guy who was arguing a genetic basis for liking alcohol earlier in the thread?

You need to read up on epigenetics. Abstinence from anything that you desire triggers gene expression for a variety of traits that improve intelligence and productivity. The short version is that this is because such traits are more necessary in environments that deny satiation.
>>
>>7226079
I feel bad for kids who grow up with stunted bodies and brains due to malnutrition. If someone in the first world voluntarily decides they won't have any fun, that's on them. I don't have time or energy to feel bad about something so stupid.
>>
>>7226096
The whole epigenetics part seems to be a little beside the point.
But yeah, humans undoubtedly evolved with selective pressure in favor of those consuming alcohol
>>
>>7226096
Got any academic sources for that?
>>
>>7226103
>I feel bad for kids who grow up with stunted bodies and brains due to malnutrition
I argue against the anti-GMO people who fight against this on here too
>I don't have time or energy to feel bad about something so stupid.
Then why are you even here?
>>
>>7226110
biohistory.org
>>
>>7226111
Because I have the time and energy to prove you wrong on the internet.

We don't have any religious maniacs coming here, and if there were, I'd probably leave. Well except maybe that guy yesterday who thought intelligent design was reasonable, but he may have just been confused about what the term meant.
>>
>>7225699
Wow
>>
>>7225809
>Dude, drinking alcohol has ben considered an enjoyable activity for humans for as long as humans exit.
and people have been speaking against consumption of alcohol because of the negatives of it for thousands of years too
>>
>>7225743
Tomatoes are a shit tier fruit for fruity shit tier people.
>>
>>7225809
>agriculture, the precursor to all society was to produce grains for fermenting
or it's easier to do that than constantly travel across large areas of land with a herd of animals...
>>
>>7225674
In the beginning you drink it to get drunk
But after a while it really grows on you. I love the taste of all kinds of alcohol, but hate others. "acquired taste" is actually a thing.
>>
This is a really newbie question but I genuniely don't know.

So I've only had beers and wines. I decided to get a bottle of rum yesterday, that's 35% alcohol. Is it considered safe to just drink it straight? I know most mix rum with Coke or something, but can you just sip it like a normal drink, or is that considered dangerous? Sorry if I sound dumb but I really don't know.
>>
>>7226228
>and people have been speaking against consumption of alcohol because of the negatives of it
People also speak out against vaccines, the existence of global warming, GMO crops, evolution. You will find some subpopulation to complain about anything no matter how crazy and illogical
>>
>>7226234
>or it's easier to do that than constantly travel across large areas of land with a herd of animals...
No, it really isn't easier, its just that fermentation is a great motivator. But sure, you probably know more than the collective knowledge of anthropologists and geneticists
>>
>>7226262
>Is it considered safe to just drink it straight
Yeah its safe

You probably won't consider it too enjoyable though
>>
>>7226262
it is safe to drink alcohol at any concentration

After about 20% your sensory organs start perceiving it negatively, but people drink everclear at 95% alcohol. Its thee total volume of alcohol that matters, not how concentrated it is as you consume it
>>
>>7226262
Yeah, it will taste bad until you get used to it though, and if it's a 35% rum I can't imagine it being particularly nice rum.
If you have good ginger beer (as opposed to ale) in your area I'd recommend that as a mixer, with lime optional.
>>
>>7226267
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>7226280

people seriously drink everclear straight? that sounds hideous
>>
>>7226267
there's plenty of proof that alcohol isn't 100% harmless
>>7226270
how is it not easier to settle in one area and grow crops? do you really think it's easier to travel with a herd of animals, hoping that there's food for them, with a minimum of shelter, and risking conflict with other people on the land?
>>
>>7226310
It worked for the Mongols
>1183
>not getting drunk on kumyss and raping the Khwarazm Shah's nubile daughters
>>
>>7226310
>there's plenty of proof that alcohol isn't 100% harmless
With heavy consumption sure, but at moderate consumption is is beneficial
>>
>>7226309
I mean, not often, but its surely a thing that happens in college
>>
>>7226320

moderate consumption is like, 1 beer. anything much more is unhealthy. any kind of liquor, rum, whisky is bad
>>
>>7226309
I did it back when I was a retarded delinquent child.
Also did an ever clear beer bong once. I'm sure my liver is fucked.
>>
>>7226310
>how is it not easier to settle in one area and grow crops
Well no other species have done it, and it took humans tens of thousands of years to start so obviously its not that easy
>do you really think it's easier to travel with a herd of animals
Also, keep in mind that this also predates the domestication of animals
>risking conflict with other people on the land
The entire human population was probably on the order of 100,000, so this wasn't too big of a consideration
>>
>>7226334
>moderate consumption is like, 1 beer
Moderate consumption is between 7-21 beers a week (for a male, 7-14 for women)
Alcohol consumption does not become unhealthy with about 4 drinks a day, which is quite a lot, very few people reach that threshold for prolonged periods of time
>>
>>7225674

Like anything else that's a bit "odd" (such as the bitter taste of coffee, which should put any mammal off) it's an aquired taste.

And yes, I do enjoy the taste of certain alcoholic beverages, but I'm kinda picky. Basically all I drink is wine and young calvados.
>>
>>7225864
Favorite curse word when talking to a black person?
>>
>>7225674
I don't like the taste of ethanol but some alcoholic drinks are very tasty.

Seriously, though, have you tried everclear? That's what ethanol tastes like. Nobody likes that taste. They drink either to get drunk or to taste the other flavors in their drink.
>>
Can somebody recommend me some good sipping tequila? Anejo preferably, but really anything that's not rough on the tongue.
>>
>>7225674
Not sure if you mean pure alcohol or alcoholic beverages. If pure alcohol, then yes, it's completely disgusting.

Now as far as alcoholic beverages, people do legitimately enjoy these. Beer, wine, liquor, and mix drinks are ever growing in popularity and complexity. Beyond being buzzed or drunk, alcoholic beverages must have something else going for them otherwise they would have been passed over and replaced by other recreational consumables such as forms of pot or mushrooms. However, since alcoholic beverages do taste good, and can be taken in more moderate doses, they are far more acceptable to society and our laws reflect such.
>>
I'm a degenerate alcoholic 4real and alcohol has and always will disgust me.

firstly, nobody denies pure alcohol is drain cleaner

so when they talk about it being nice they're discussing whatever the fuck else is in there.

spirits are 40% normally so they're all disgusting anyway and the other 60% is mostly water so it makes no difference. all spirits are revolting and you need to seriously acclimitze yourself to the taste. I drink tequila when I can afford it because I "like" it. but don't et me wrong I'm just deluded because I like the drug effect first time I had tequila I vomited from the smell

now wine, beer. fucking rank shit honestly. rotten grains and grapes, literally. again it's basically just 5% alcohol and water for beer, and arond 14% for wine. there's really not THAT much other shit in there. water mostly, some residual sugar, carbs, colour and shit that's in the grapes. mostly it's disgusting alcohol/water

I mean think aout drinking warm flat beer. it's not great.

basically the only thing that is close to palatable is highly mixed shit like orange jews vodka to where you can barely taste the vodka, or possibly cider, or those bitch drinks. but even with cider apple jews is better, and those bitch drinks would be better without the alcohol, they only exist to mask the filth flavour

anyway I'm fucking drunk alcohol tastes like shit and if you think it's nice you're a piece of shit
>>
>>7225699

i bet you like apple juice
>>
>>7226941
Cazadores, friendo.
>>
>>7225833
>wine
>rarely reaches 7% ABV

Have you ever seen an alcoholic beverage during your entire basement dwelling life?
>>
>>7226036
I don't understand what's so bad about the dry bitter taste. It's a lot more refreshing than soda with alcohol. The only sweet drinks I've had are champagne and GnT.
>>
>>7226079
>super station
>>
>>7227002
I liked the part in your post where you combine ideas from different sentences and different paragraphs to make it look as those that person said wine rarely reaches 7% ABV, when they actually said it rarely reaches the strength of straight vodka.

School resumes on Monday, child.
>>
>>7226961
I think your addiction leads to some heavy bias.
>>
>>7226961
>vodka
your opinion has been 100% discarded, friendo :)
>>
>>7227018
It's simply an average preference.

I personally prefer IPAs and dry reds, and I don't care for cider unless it's really dry.

Most folks who haven't had an alcoholic beverage are likely younger and have sweeter palettes. If you're offering someone one of their first drinks, you'd choose a sweet fruity drink, not something oak-y and dry.
>>
>>7225674
Beer tastes great. I'm going to try and find a decent non alcoholic 6 pack so I can have a beer with breakfast and not want to crawl back into bed after
>>
What the actually fuck is wrong with this thread?
Did you people never drink a good home made brandy made of whatever kind of good fruid you are growing in your gardens? THat stuff is a fckin bliss.
I rly like good shot of rum, vodka, jäegermeister or whatever there is, but homemade brandy is absolutely on next level. 55% of pure goodnes topped with that fruity flavor.
>Is this some kind of shitty meme where you people just bash the delicious tase of strong alcoholic beverages?
>>
>>7229037
>What the actually fuck is wrong with this thread?
It was a lot of words, so rather than reading through it you just got butthurt and typed out an incoherent rant full of typos.
>>
I really enjoy beer, sometimes wine and like once a month a year a liquor.
It's like BDSM for your throat. Or eating spicy. Some people just enjoy that stuff too. Like having more fun in live where others are wimps
>>
I like the taste of vodka and rum quite a bit
probably because I'm young and broke
>>
>>7226230
>has only had tomatoes from walmart and mcdonalds
>>
>>7225817
So you agree with me right?
>>
>>7229101
>Like having more fun in live where others are wimps
pretty much every notable culture respected people for staying sober

>sex & alcohol LOL!!
terrible
>>
>>7229219
>pretty much every notable culture respected people for staying sober
Not true at all. Unless by being sober you just mean not being a full blown alcoholic
>>
>>7229219
implying any culture ever respected hedonism
>>
>>7225854
I'm a reformed alcoholic and heroine addict, does that make me a super christian for abstaining from alcoholic beverages?
>>
>>7229422
Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'most'? Its not a difficult concept
>>
>>7225674
Nope. People have just pretended for over 10,000 years. It's all some cosmic practical joke.
>>7225686
Muslims make some pretty good booze actually. They just don't have the bar or drinking culture we westerners have. But they do drink in the privacy of home.
>>
I have yet to find a beer that tastes good. Other than that, I just stick to vodka or whiskey.
>>
>>7229850
Shush you, unless you are falling down drunk from the moment you roll out of bed vomiting from a hangover and liver failure every morning, you are pretty much a religious maniac who wants to take away everyone's god-given right to drink.

You sound suspiciously sober right now, are you a christfag?
>>
>>7229872
I don't even understand.
>>
>>7229872
Is there only one of you autists making ridiculously grandiose straw men every other post or is there a double team of you abject retards that think they are debate pros for their bargain basement shitposting?
>>
>>7229850
>Muslims make some pretty good booze actually. They just don't have the bar or drinking culture we westerners have. But they do drink in the privacy of home.
Not even close to the extent that westerners do
>>
>>7229890
Never said they did. But they DO drink. And they can make some amazing whiskey.
>>
>>7229911
No one ever claimed they never drink. The whole argument was drinking is integral to human civilization despite the fact that a few crazy sects decreasing the likelihood of individuals stuck in their midst from drinking
>>
>>7229887
No there are a lot of us in this thread.
>>
File: poyopoyo.gif (988 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
poyopoyo.gif
988 KB, 500x271
>>7225674
>This thread
>Nobody likes pure alcohol
>Therefore, nobody likes the taste of alcohol
Okay, I also don't like eating straight cinnamon bark or chugging a salt shaker. I do legitimately like the taste of beer, wine, many liqueurs and spirits, and especially Scotch and Cognac. I started drinking less because I like getting drunk and more because I liked the taste. And before you go, "BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE EFFECTS HURR DURR" I rather like the feeling of getting high on weed, but I've always hated the taste and smell.

So yeah. Many boozes taste good. It's not just a lie we tell ourselves. It's why I don't drink Milwaukie's Best Ice as my go-to beer, I drink stouts and porters. Because I fucking like the taste.
>>
>so good i can drink it straight tier
bourbon
scotch
beer
wine

>needs water tier
absinthe

>becomes delicious in a really good cocktail tier
gin
rye

>i can tolerate the taste if i need to get drunk fast tier
vodka

>would rather not drink this tier
misc.
>>
>>7230011
But that makes you a flyover who hates the south and technically qualifies you as an alcohol abstainer according to that one guy
>>
File: sherman.jpg (86 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
sherman.jpg
86 KB, 600x781
>>7230075
Well, I do hate the South, but that's a different issue.
>>
>>7230102
Yeah, totally nothing wrong with that
>>
I really don't like beer, every time I taste it it starts out alright, sort of like bread or grainy depending on the type, but the longer I drink it the worse it tastes.
>>
>>7230159
have you tried any good beer, or just shit like Heineken and Bud Light
>>
>>7230181
I've tried everything from craft beers to kraft beers
>>
>>7230239
well I don't know then
>>
File: 1447161362715.gif (237 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1447161362715.gif
237 KB, 600x338
9_0
>>
File: 1448877430958.webm (3 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1448877430958.webm
3 MB, 426x240
>>7225674
>>7225674
>>
File: 1447278702552.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1447278702552.webm
3 MB, 480x270
how about that shit

broke ass niggas
>>
>>7230159
A lot of beers have aftertaste you might not like, and a lot of beers get unpleasant as they warm.

You might just not like beer, but the part about liking it at first makes me think that's not the case. Do research for beers with a clean finish, or beers that are meant to be had at closer to room temperature, or just drink faster, and you might find something you like.
>>
>>7225674
I hate the taste, but everyone expects that from a small woman anyway so it's not too bad
>>
I enjoy red wine and malty dark ales. I don't really like liquor though. I tend pour mix liquor or pour it over ice if it's quality. I didn't really enjoy beer until my mid 20's though.
>>
>>7230603
The hell is this
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.