[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the most based tea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Tea.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tea.jpg
585 KB, 1920x1200
what is the most based tea?
>>
>>7224288
Based?
>>
Oolong because its variety.
>>
>>7224304
i also like oolong

seems like a perfect mix in-between green / black, will calming meditative effects as well as caffeine to keep you going
>>
>>7224288
Russian black tea, oolong and Chinese red tea are my favorites
>>
>>7224291
I am curious too. I don't know much about plant origins and evolutional history regarding to tea, and as such, the subject is curiosity-evoking.
>>
>>7224288
Lady Grey
Earl Grey
Popcorn green tea
Yorkshire

my favourites :3
>>
>>7224387

>vomit the tea
>>
My top teas

Japanese green, genmaicha, wong lo cat, oolong, licorice

In any order really
>>
>2016

>Not drinking Guayusa
>>
>>7224387
English tea is just shitty quality Chinese tea.
>>
Ceylon you idiot. Most blends and flavored teas have it as their base.
>>
>>7224420
Same could be said for Assam desu senpai
>>
>>7224415
Do they grow a lot of tea in England?
>>
>>7224402
this but also yerba mate
>>
>>7224423
p sure tea only grows well in southeast Asia

You can read about how people thought they'd be able to grow tea in the Americas and it didn't work. That's why tobacco had to catch on.
>>
>>7224288
Mint.
>>
>>7224436
This guy knows
>>
>>7224423
Nope, that's why the English terrorised India and China. You should look up the origins of English tea - the English basically relied too much on the Chinese for tea and developed their own alternatives in India.
>>
>>7224304
Oolong is sort of the perfect middle between green and black tea.
>>
>>7225150
Depends on the variation. If it's similar to hojicha, I agree, but if we're talking about the oolongs that are similar to tieguanyin, I would disagree.
>>
A tea made with water with a pH above 7.
>>
Blend Mint, Jasmine, Earl Grey

Fucking based tea
>>
>>7225843
this
>>
Hot red tea with a tiny amount of honey.
>>
I'm thinking about making some Marracon mint tea which uses gunpowder green with an actual mint leaf in it... but i'm thinking about adding some milk in there and renaming it "Seattle Tea" instead.
>>
yerba mate
>>
Oolong, sencha and white are among my favourites.

Every now and then I'll have a chai too, that's always fun.
>>
>>7224387
>Popcorn green tea
Are you referring to genmaicha or a green tea with popcorn?
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53 KB, 720x478
>buy a pack of Yerba Mate
>cannot enjoy it no matter what
>nobody I know drinks tea that isnt English Breakfast

Can tea be posted thru the mail without getting seized by customs? I feel sad to waste it. I'd give it for free to anyone who would like yerba mate in teabag form.
>>
>>7225865
>blend mint
What?
Either way, that's similar to my top 3

>Earl Grey
>Green tea with spearmint
>Jasmine
Bonus:
>Lapsung
>>
>>7227750
I think it'd be fine, so long as it was in the same country.
Have no idea what that tastes like though.
I'm in Ohio.
>>
>tfw love tea but can barely enjoy most of it or tell the difference because burnt tastebuds and absolutely shit olfactory sense.
>>
>>7227750
Yeah it can be mailed. Customs typically is very professional, in my experience. They may act retarded and hold it a few weeks to lab test it, but you'll eventually get it.
>>
>>7227791
One time, I received a few stalks of lavender in the mail from France, and when it arrived the envelope was torn open, and then resealed with tape that had CUSTOMS APPROVED or something written on it. It's similar in that it's plant matter, but tea is at least considered a food so I wonder if it will still pass?
I'm in Australia.

A letter to the US apparently is $2.75 which isn't a big deal really.
>>
File: 1390606933107.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1390606933107.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>7227805
Shoot me an email, and I'll send you my shipping info.
>>
>>7227861
>>7227805
Shit did the options field not replace the email field? Is there no email field?
Ah well.
[email protected]
>>
File: 20160104_022822.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160104_022822.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>7227801
Ah fair enough!
>>7227862
Sweet. I've got 13 of them, dunno how many will fit in the envelope but we'll see. Sending you a email now
>>
>>7227875
You alive, anon?
>>
>>7224288
>no mention of based milos
>>
>>7224288
I like plain black tea. I like pretty much all teas though as long as they aren't shitty. My mom brews the best tea though. I'll drive over at the end of this month after taking so time off.
>>
>>7228129
That's my roadtrip tea. Where ever I drive in the south, I can always get a little bottle of Milo's. So gud
>>
File: bigelow-eggnoggin-tea-canada.jpg (62 KB, 500x317) Image search: [Google]
bigelow-eggnoggin-tea-canada.jpg
62 KB, 500x317
Jiggelow Biggelow
Dat flavor. I actually bought some.
>>
>>7228163
Bought that and didn't like it. It's cool though because I usually send friends home with the whole container if they like a tea I don't.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.