[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever had fantasies of owning a cottage somewhere and growing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: pumpkin.jpg (215 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
pumpkin.jpg
215 KB, 478x640
Anyone ever had fantasies of owning a cottage somewhere and growing things on your own farm?

>tfw growing and nurturing my own potatoes
>tfw 100% organic potatoes fried over a man-made fire in a cast iron skillet
>>
None of those things matter to me. It doesn't add more value to the food.
>>
>>7222769
how'd you make that cast iron skillet you fuck fuccboi did you forge it yourself?
>>
I had a garden in Skyrim but it wasn't very rewarding.
>>
You can move out to a suburb and have a garden. It's pretty much the only redeeming factor of suburbs.
>>
>>7222799
no traffic noise
no light pollution
no neighbours
>>
>>7222769

That's not a potato.
>>
>>7222769
yes
>>
>>7222769
I'd probably begin growing my own marijuana operation. So, yes, I wouldn't mind it.
>>
File: last pick.jpg (130 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
last pick.jpg
130 KB, 960x640
picked Dec 15 in Vermont! no snow and warmer temps allowed me to keep them in the ground. Means they should last longer int he basement.
>>
>>7222815
You're thinking of rural.
>>
>>7222838
Oh, I guess yeah. Then do most people not live in suburbs already?
>>
>>7222769
Yes until one year
>Fucking moles killed my entire garden

Another year
>Rabbits ate my entire garden

I'm sure deer would come next and i dont want to spend money on wire/posts
>>
>>7222835
Sweeeeeeet! I'm jealous.
I used to live on some property where I could grow my own veg and fruits, but I had to move for work, and live in an apartment in the city now. BOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO. Anyway, I really miss growing my own veg. Tastes so fucking good fresh out of the ground/picked.
>>
File: huey.jpg (90 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
huey.jpg
90 KB, 625x352
>>7222769
That's why I love River Cottage.
>>
>>7222861
You should taste meat slaughtered several hours earlier (unless dry ageing).
It's ridiculous how good it tastes.
>>
>>7222779
>not living next to the blacksmith
>>
>>7222835
Hello fellow Vermonter. I don't have anything to say to you, just saying hello.
>>
>>7222863
Any specific meat? I've had freshly slaughtered goat. It didn't seem to taste that different. Cow too
>>
>>7222769
It's not that great, I feel people not raised in the lifestyle romanticize peasanthood.

Also
>being a pleb gardener
>not growing an agroforestry garden you can plant, abandon and then come back six- nine months later to harvest
>>
>>7222879
>come back six- nine months later
>one harvest per year
m8 the pleb here is you
>>
>>7222835
Those look incredible, good work
>>
>>7222855
i read this method somewhere that sounds pretty badass but haven't seen it talked about anywhere much. you basically cook deer/animal bones into this thick black paste and then smear it all your trees. sounds kinda spooky to me
>>
>>7222863
Now THAT I have had. I grew up on a ranch, so we always had our own meat, plus hunted game as well. Yeah, I miss that. Now that I live so far away, I can't get meat from my family anymore either. Sucks.
>>
yes. i own a cottage in canada, i think about it all the time. Everything would be fresh. I'd grow potatoes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce

I've never hunted before, but i always think about hunting my own game too. Does venison taste good?
>>
File: NWo_hulk_hogan_funny_face.png (178 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
NWo_hulk_hogan_funny_face.png
178 KB, 424x318
>>7222890

I grew up in the plant business and have never heard of this.
>>
>>7222815
No witnesses ;)
>>
>>7222862
Myyyyyyyy fuuuuucking niiiiiiiiiiiiggguuuuuuuhhhhh.

Hugh's voice is the epitome of comfy
>>
I dream about mining iron ore and smelting pig iron to cast my frying pan too.
>>
“Go on,” said Lennie. “How’s it gonna be. We gonna get a little place.”
“We’ll have a cow,” said George. “An’ we’ll have maybe a pig an’ chickens .
. . . an’ down the flat we’ll have a . . . . little piece alfalfa—”
“For the rabbits,” Lennie shouted.
“For the rabbits,” George repeated.
“And I get to tend the rabbits.”
“An’ you get to tend the rabbits.”
Lennie giggled with happiness. “An’ live on the fatta the lan’.”
“Yes.”
>>
File: ifuckinglovemilk.gif (1000 KB, 385x215) Image search: [Google]
ifuckinglovemilk.gif
1000 KB, 385x215
>>7222835
HHHNNGGGG
>>
File: 1444928782939.gif (2 MB, 443x222) Image search: [Google]
1444928782939.gif
2 MB, 443x222
>>7222774
It adds a sense of accomplishment to your life to create something.

I have broccoli florets as big as my fist now-- I can see the side shoots coming in too. So hype
>>
>>7222774
Idk about you but I value the tomatoes, chilies, etc in my backyard a lot more then the shit I can just get up and buy at the store. I put in work on these things and it feels good taking them off the plant and bringing them inside when they're fresh to add to a dish.
>>
I own 40 acres and don't grow anything but food plots for dem tirty point bucks.
>>
>>7223710
I laugh every time I see my watermelon plant sprout a new one, those things are tiny as a marble but I look over and there's some big ass ones on the same plant lol. Gonna cut some gopher heads off if they don't stop eating my damn garden
>>
Tomatoes and cherry tomatoes are definitely worth growing. Pole beans as well.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (76 KB, 800x741) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
76 KB, 800x741
>>7222774
>I only care about nutrient concentration
>>
>>7222835
Beautiful
>>
File: Hobbitvisit.jpg (459 KB, 1226x797) Image search: [Google]
Hobbitvisit.jpg
459 KB, 1226x797
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.