[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The food overall is about a 6/10. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: midwest usa.png (324 KB, 2000x1296) Image search: [Google]
midwest usa.png
324 KB, 2000x1296
The food overall is about a 6/10. Discuss.
>>
>>7219869
>poster has never been to Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, Twin Cities, etc.

*sigh*
>>
I may be from the MIDWEST
But my HEART is in it
That's why we're the HEARTLAND
We have LOVING people
Who help each other in times of NEED
We come TOGETHER at tragedy
And HELP those who need it
We're the MIDWEST
The HEARTLAND

Oh and fuck off coasties.
>>
Literally the "truck stop: 1/4 of America" part of the country. Personally I love the hell out of those areas but don't get too cocky about it. It's the most American part of America.
>>
Don't associate the blue with these subhuman reds.
>>
File: MichiganIsGOATyouFAGS.png (257 KB, 2000x1296) Image search: [Google]
MichiganIsGOATyouFAGS.png
257 KB, 2000x1296
>>7219939
sorry no pic
>>
Missouri is the south, not the midwest
>>
>>7219944
switch Indiana with Minnesota and you have it
>>
File: MichiganIsGOATyouFAGS.png (257 KB, 2000x1296) Image search: [Google]
MichiganIsGOATyouFAGS.png
257 KB, 2000x1296
>>7219952
Just automatically blued Indiana. I forget its even there really.
>>
the food in every son-southern american city is almost exactly the same
>>
>>7219962
Translation: I have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
>>
If that's a 6/10 then the south is a 3/10
>>
>>7219960
>excluding the Dakotas
>>
Mmmmmm clam bakes and seven layer salad.
>>
>>7219869
Closer to a 4/10 in my opinion. Those are the shittiest states in the country for a lot of reasons including cuisine
>>
>>7220101

uff da motherfucker
>>
>>7219876
>Columbus
>implying Columbus is a tourist destination for anything
I like living here and all, but why would anyone come here over an actual interesting city?
>>
>>7220671
Its literally thee nicest part of the country for a white person to live in unless you are afraid of a little snow
>>
Good Turkish food.
>>
>>7219878
tip top kek
>>
>>7220707

Blue Jackets, OSU football, decent grub, nice people.
>>
>>7219869
Minnesota has some of the best halal meats I've ever tried. 10/10 would behead myself for lamb
>>
I think you're being generous, OP.
>>
>>7219869
Twin cities is adult food tierl, green bay is good if you're a drunken frat boy and Marquette is God tier beer, but beyond that 0 experience in that region. I'm excluding Chicago because it actually is world class city in terms of food/non black culture.
>>
File: this_is_not_ok.jpg (31 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
this_is_not_ok.jpg
31 KB, 348x348
>>7221087
>I'm excluding Chicago because it actually is world class city in terms of food/non black culture.
It really isn't though. It's impressive if you're from Muncie or some such place and have never seen cilantro before, but "world class cities" for food are places like NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo, or San Sebastian.
>>
>>7219869

true, i'm from the east coast and took my first trip to the mid west, gotta say it wasnt that great or memorable.
>>
>>7221052
Translation: I've never ventured beyond my own city block.
>>
Cincinnati chili, wild rice and hot dishes. What's not to like?
>>
>>7221125
So, you've never been to Chicago then? It is a global food destination.
>>
>>7221126
In other words, you watched a baseball game in a Nebraska cornfield then decided everywhere was the exact same.
>>
>>7221143
What is it about this board and the "if you disagree you've literally never set foot here" thing?

I lived in Chicago for a year. I've also lived in many other cities and countries, giving me a vital sense of perspective on this matter.

Have you ever even left your home town?
>>
>>7221143
I would have to agree with you. It's got lots of things people actually *want* to go there to try. And NY is overhyped IMO. I mean it is a world class metropolis, but the "iconic" places people rave about like the Magnolia bakery aren't that good. They're not like better than any other similar places elsewhere. I mean a red velvet cupcake is a red velvet cupcake... Nobody calling themselves a bakery can fuck these up...
>>
>>7221148

just talking from experience pal
>>
>>7221160
Nobody raves about Magnolia, what planet are you on? It enjoyed its 15 minutes when Sex and the City was still on TV, and then was completely forgotten except by undersexed fat ladies from Iowa on their once-in-a-lifetime church trip to the city.

If you want to sound kind of current and complain about hype, you should have at least said Ansel.
>>
>>7221128
The Midwest has the same culinary reputation as England. Deal with it.
>>
>>7221203
You're so far from right, your nickname is lefty.
>>
>alinea
>girl & the goat
>sixteen
>blackbird

fucken truck stops man
>>
>>7221125
>world class city

Poor phrasing on my part, but there is a sizable amount of art, music and food that has come out of Chicago that is impressive. Obviously it's not N.Y. or Tokyo tier, but it does have it's merits.
>>
>implying being culturally diverse is a good thing
>>
>>7221238
>alinea

>they dont even give you a plate to eat your dessert, just literally throw it on the table
>>
> all these muslims talking about halal in the twin cities

Seriously I never saw a muslim here in the us until I flew into Minnesota.
>>
>>7221333
Unless you live in some really isolated place, you've seen plenty. I live in a city with hundreds of thousands of muslims, but they dress and act like regular people. Minnesota is kind of weird in the sense that there are actual tent women scurrying around. You don't see this in other places. It's because they're more culturally isolated in Minnesota. In other places they blend in with the community.
>>
>>7221130
>Cincinnati chili

Midwesterns everyone.
>>
>>7221426
Cincinnati is basically the south, ignore them
>>
>>7221340
No, it's cuz Minnesota has a population of 5 million with 2 million somalians
>>
>>7219878
I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was this post for some reason. Get outta my head, Anon.
>>
File: muslim shariah poll3.png (11 KB, 405x294) Image search: [Google]
muslim shariah poll3.png
11 KB, 405x294
>>7221459
You're fucked, then.
>>
>>7221125

Chicago has 26 Michelin starred restaurants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michelin_starred_restaurants#By_location
>>
File: upper great plains.png (1 MB, 1600x1389) Image search: [Google]
upper great plains.png
1 MB, 1600x1389
>>7219939
>>7219944
please don't associate us with you subhuman rust trash
>>
File: hhhhhe.jpg (55 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhe.jpg
55 KB, 425x282
>>7221773
So basically you're on par with Hiroshima and well behind Kobe (neither of which I suspect you'd know how to find on a map without being helped by a primary school geography teacher).

Good jahhb, good jahhb, clap clap clap. Now go back to your Bubba Gump on the 98th floor of the Willis Tower.
>>
>>7221782
quit being a dick you tard
>>
>>7221775
The dakotas are going to have a harsh return to reality when the fracking boom ends
>>
>>7221333
They're actually pretty based in the Twin cities. I rate them well above most of the negros in Minneapolis.
>>
>>7223940
The Dakotas barely count for anything.

The two states combined have fewer people than live in the Twin Cities or Milwaukee

Its amazing driving through them how empty they are, Once you get an hour or two west of Minneapolis its pretty much just desolation until about an hour from Seattle
>>
>>7223954
Northern black people are so bad because they combine African culture with American Southern culture, two of the worst things known to man
>>
>>7223957
In minnesota they're mostly confined to North minneapolis and a couple suburbs like brooklyn park. A lot of them actually smarten up and leave those places asap. At least the ones I know did. Maybe I'm biased idk
>>
>>7223963
To clarify, I meant compared to the recent somali population which was never corrupted by 100 yeas of living alongside southerners
>>
>>7219952
>>7219960
Illinois and Indiana are basically the same thing. Indianapolis is like a tiny Chicago, and the rest of the state is basically the same as non-Chicagoland Illinois.
>>
>>7224055
The Midwest pretty much ends once you get further south than the Chicago suburbs. Most of Illinois is basically just Kentucky
>>
File: imrs.php.png (1015 KB, 1484x1409) Image search: [Google]
imrs.php.png
1015 KB, 1484x1409
>>7219939
Upper michigan is one of the most racist places in America
>>
>>7224065
Is google searches for the N word really a good proxy for racism

It probably just correlates to people searching for shitty rap songs
>>
>>7224065
Appalachian pride (^:

>>7224058
Idk why you'd even bother to call that the Midwest. Chicago is more similar culturally to NYC or San Francisco than it is the rest of the Midwest. The other major cities here in the old rust bowl are just where black people get oppressed and affluent white people move for work.
>>
>>7224074
Chicago is clearly more similar to Milwaukee and Minneapolis culturally than any other cities
>>
>>7224073
You're probably right, but I just wanted to shit on the state of Michigan
>>
>>7224074
>The other major cities here in the old rust bowl are just where black people get oppressed and affluent white people move for work
That sounds exactly like Chicago
>>
WIfag here, can confirm 6/10. Potato/10 if we're talking about pizza, hot damn I miss good NY-style pizza...
>>
>>7224102
Do you live in Hayward or something? Good pizza is all over the place
>>
>>7224103
Madison.

n, no good pizza in sight.
>>
>>7224109
>not liking Ian's
I don't even know what to say
>>
>>7219869
unless you want pizza.
or anything that isn't Asian or Mexican.
>>
>>7224065
have you ever been to detroit?
it kind of explains itself.
>>
>>7223940
we were both fine before fracking and we'll be fine after fracking. in fact, north dakota is the only one having the oil boom and they've been through this cycle before in the 80s and came out of it fine
>>
bump because i need a dank watercuck salad recipe.
>>
More like 8/10
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.