[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
Hay has anyone here ever made their own jerky useing a food dehydrator?
>>
>>7216965
My wife's ex husband makes some real mean jerky
>>
I bought a dehydrator for my wife's son to make jerky and he took it to his dads house.
>>
I like to jerky off while watching my wife having sex with her first and second husbands.
>>
>>7216970
hmmm
>>
Homemade jerky is my wife's bulls favorite, I have a thin sliced rump roast marinating in my cuck shed right now. This time it's teriyaki, his favorite.
>>
>>7217017
>cuck shed
Hiya, /x/ :^)
>>
>>7216965
my wifes son loves jerky
>>
Anyone got any recipes? Or comments on how the jerky comes out? Like are we talking some jack links shit? Or some butcher quality stuff?
>>
>>7217031

comes out like real jerky lel, just get some cheap beef with no fat on it, slice, marinade for 4-6 hrs, pat down liquid off it, then put in dehydrator for 6 - 10 hours
>>
>>7217020
Has /pol/ successfully false flagged /x/?
>>
>>7217052
>muh /pol/

Spotted the cuck lol
>>
>>7217048
Winn Dixie always has London broil on sale for $4/lbs. Now I have a reason to buy some up
>>
>>7217072

yeah round or flank is what you want
>>
>>7216970
hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>7216965
All the time. I made like 10 pounds for christmas stocking stuffers.
>>
File: 20151231_152153_HDR.jpg (469 KB, 1594x897) Image search: [Google]
20151231_152153_HDR.jpg
469 KB, 1594x897
made some with ground beef yesterday for something different, tastes pretty good, regular jerky still much superior
>>
>>7217031
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/58946/dads-jerky-marinade/
Recipe equivilates to enough marinade for 1 pound of meat
Marinate for 48 hours, stirring the meat after 24
Dehyrdrate for 6-8 hours
The direction in which you cut your jerky makes a difference, with or against the grain.
Beef jerky is superior to pork jerky.
>>
>>7217133

>48 hours

sweet jesus
>>
>>7217141
I did a day, but then I tried 2, and it just tastes better.

I cut mine a tad thick though, because I have shit skills and weak wrists and dull knives.
>>
>>7217149

might give it a go next time, haven't done more than a day
>>
>>7216965
my Grandfather owns a dehydrator and used to make the fucking best deer jerky was so spicy and very hard to bite which is how i like my jerky. Can never seem to find jerky that isnt easy to chew and bite.
>>
>>7216965
Venison mother fucker. Glorious.
>>
>>7217158

You really don't need it to go that long. I've done a few days, one day, and 6 hours and desu, I haven't noticed a difference.
>>
>>7216965
Yeah. It's okay. I normally don't bother and just buy a bag of the stuff from Costco when I feel like having jerky once or twice a year.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 900x600
>not using a box fan
>>
>>7217360

The cool wind thing is interesting to me because sometimes I think the dehydrator cooks it rather than dries it so I wonder if would be a better/different flavor and texture.

But I cba to rig that ridiculous setup and blow a fan for 12 hours
>>
>>7217360
Alton, pls go
>>
File: Emelia Clarke laughs and snorts.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
Emelia Clarke laughs and snorts.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>7216970
>>7216983
>>7216986
>>7217017
>>7217024
>>
Anyone know good dehydrator brands that aren't too expensive? Must be metal and digital. No plastic or analog-shit.
>>
>>7217130
So this is ground beef out of a tube/gun?
>>
>>7219244
100% NOT ronco. That shit sux. Yes it's pkastic. Yes the trays will break after a few months use
>>
pro tip

jerky is for fucking pussies

you heard me mother fuckers

biltong is for men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltkGVzqrWI

you can probably find a better video

but basically as i rmember it biltong is somethin like

vinger on meat and salt then take em off and spice em then hang em
>>
>>7220136
I ordered some biltong off amazon and it was bomb as shit, I have to admit. The vinegar made it hard to eat too much at once, but I liked the softer texture compared to regular jerky.
The kind I tried was probably full of preservatives and shit, so I'd like to try some authentic biltong like this one day.
>>
>>7220143

for anyone in australia

biltong.com.au

>Made Fresh Daily • Preservative Free • Authentic South African ?>Family Recipe
>Australian Lean Beef • High In Protein • 97% Fat Free
>No Nitrites or Nitrates
>>
>>7216970
This forced meme isn't funny anymore faggot.
>>
I should try that. Storebought is crap
>>
>>7220136
>>7220143
>>7220146

Okay, I've read the wiki on this and I'm interested especially as how it's finally settling into winter here.

Would I be a fool to try using a tongue for this or should I go for a cheap steak? I don't want to go for the pricey stuff until I know what I'm doing.

Any TRUE tips would be appreciated.

you co/ck/s...thank you.
>>
>>7220151
My wife's first husband disagrees.
>>
>>7217375
I saw that episode too lol.
>>
Not personally, but my grandpa makes multiple pounds of it for me all the time, it turns out great in a dehydrator
>>
>>7217360
I actually bought a box fan for that and the filters, but managed to get a weird kind of liner that made the whole thing not work out at all; plus it takes at the very least a literal day of drying time, if not more.

Might try it again when I have more time, because none-heated drying does sound awfully appealing.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.