[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carnitas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 600x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 600x743
Alright, I've got 8 pounds of pork shoulder that needs to go. I decided on carnitas, but the pork is too big to fit in my slow cooker. Anybody have some good tips for marinas/rubs for it and how to cook it in an oven?
>>
mine recipe is a bit of a mess, but it can give you a basic idea of what you want to do as far as cooking it.

Carnitas
1 pound pork butt, trimmed and cubed
1 cup beef broth
1 cup salsa rojo or verde
OR; garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander, paprika, cayenne
salt and black pepper, to taste
opt 1; 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 pound lard
opt 2; 4 pds pork cut up, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1 yellow onion, quartered, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tbs lime juice, 2 cps water, 1 orange, juiced and with rinds
pico de gallo
hot sauce
corn tortillas
Place pork, beef broth, salsa and/or seasonings in a dutch oven and add enough water to completely cover the meat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3-4 hours, until meat is tender. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat oven to 400F. Drain liquid from meat and place meat in roasting pan. Roast 15-20 minutes. Broil until crispy if desired.
Serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce and tortillas.
If using optional 1; Toss pork with lime and marinate for 1 hour. Melt the lard in a dutch oven and add pork. The lard should cover the pork. Simmer (do not boil/fry), occasionally flipping the pork for about 2 hours. Cook until very tender and then raise the temperature until the lard is boiling. Cook for 30 minutes, until golden. Remove and rest a few minutes before shredding.
Option 2; Preheat oven to 300F. Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven and simmer. Transfer to baking dish and bake 2 hours. Remove from oven and toss orange rinds. Chop up pork and boil liquid in dutch oven until reduced by half. Return pork and sauce to baking dish and turn on broiler. Broil 5-8 minutes until crispy. Turn and broil again if desired.
>>
Just cook it in the oven in a aluminum pan.
>>
Smoke it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.