[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Signature Dishes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20150815_141249.jpg (976 KB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_141249.jpg
976 KB, 2304x2304
Post your signature dishes /ck/

One of mine is a dungeness crab cake with bacon, poached egg and prawn reduction.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7215468

Your signature dish is Jesus?
>>
File: IMG_20151208_080957.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_080957.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2304
>>7215480

Nice. I just made eggs Benedict a few days ago
>>
>>7215482

Well if Jesus was a jew he couldnt eat pork or shellfish so he'd be SOL
>>
Signature dish?
When the hell am I ever going to need a signature dish?
I don't need one amazing dish that stands out and a bunch of other mediocre ones.
Every dish should taste amazing, and if you can't do that you're a shit cook.
>>
>>7215498

I was implying god tier dishes you love to make or can always whip up to impress a date or something.
>>
fresh flatbread, feta, tomatoes, black olives, onions put together like a doner and a ton of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top
>>
I don't have one but my old lady does. She gets a block of Velveeta ( not that generic crap. The real deal.) She then adds a can rotel to it in the crockpot. The neighbors line up around the trailer park for a taste of Tina's signature dish. She calls it Fun Tina Cheese.
>>
>>7215468
>"Hey, I know what will work, a massive sprig of dill. Just what this needs"
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: 20150418_202738 - Copy.jpg (2 MB, 4516x2540) Image search: [Google]
20150418_202738 - Copy.jpg
2 MB, 4516x2540
Probably chile verde. I used to date a girl from New Mexico who turned me on to it. I usually don't eat it in taco form like I did the time I took this though. It's one of my go-tos when I want to impress people I'm not actively trying to bang, especially if it's a whole bunch of people.

Also I'm known for omelets among my drinking buddies. I cook a lot of drunken omelets. It's the reason I have a cheese grater scar.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451511386420.jpg (50 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451511386420.jpg
50 KB, 540x960
I dig my eggs benedict. Its my father's recipe.
>>
>>7215727
Haha yeah its a bit excessive but it was mostly for presentation. Pic was taken when I ran it as a special.
>>
>>7215756

Drunk omelets are the best. I whipped some up for a group of girls at a party around 3 am and it got me laid by 3 of them for years after.
>>
>>7215468
your sauce looks oily and split
>>
>>7215845
I'd hate to see the restaurant where that flies as a special.
>>
>>7215845
This is a joke right?
>>
My own buttered garlic chicken with light tomatoes, light onion, cilantro on top surrounded my a corn-veggie mix with even more butter; enough cholesterol to give my grandmother a succulent heart attack.
>>
>>7215468
Got to be honest. That looks very good. Enjoy some positive affirmation.
>>
>>7215480
>>7215486
Both of these hollandaise are way too thin.
>>
>>7217588
The first one looks like water, but the second is more than thick enough.
>>
>>7215468
At home? Tossup between a few. Brined roast goose (standard Christmas dinner now), hedgehog mushroom and chanterelle soup, corn soup, or braised pork cheek tacos. At work? I like to think all the dishes I do are as good as I can make them but I got a lot of recognition from the exec (and some pretty great compliments from some guests) over a dish I did last spring. Pan roast halibut, pistachio beurre blanc, fiddleheads, charred meyer lemon, 24 hour sous vide Humboldt squid, and shaved radish. I was super happy with the beurre blanc, it was really out there for me at the time and I was glad it worked out. Hoping for a promotion soon so I can do more in the way of menu/dish creation, I've got a whole notebook crammed with bits and bobs of ideas for dishes I want to try.
>>
>>7215468
literally fedora on a plate
>>
>>7217682
You don't do much fine dining, I gather.
>>
>>7217698
Not him, but I eat plenty of fine dining and I think op's picture looks like an abortion on a plate.

Honestly are you sceak or something? I remember when he used to shitpost here and he would put literal vomit on a square white plate and dust it with parsley and that was "fine dining" to him.
>>
>>7217623
sounds delicious
>>
>>7217623
do you think a chestnut-based white sauce would go well on whitefish?
>>
>>7217623
So what kind of restaurant do you work in?
>>
>>7217699
cu/ck/old fag detected.
>>
File: IMG_20150401_084010.jpg (222 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150401_084010.jpg
222 KB, 621x621
Duck breast à l'orange. Blue Moon reduction in the sauce
>>
Couscous salad with red bell peppers, onions, avocados, fresh mint and parsley.
>>
i love making vodka sauce pizza with foccacia on cozy weekends for brunch, with whatever toppings are available. it's a simple, hearty satisfying meal. as much as i love fancy meals i'm much more into cooking something simple and family oriented
>>
>>7215468
>prawn reduction

Then where was prawn?
>>
>>7217805
Looks amazing anon, but that massive broccoli floret is just off putting somehow.
>>
>>7217715
Thanks

>>7217717
Could do, if you picked a fish that could stand up to it and balanced the rest of the dish well. Chestnuts can be a pain to make sauces with because of their texture, it's easy to wind up with a sauce that feels floury or gummy if you're not careful. If you want to incorporate chestnuts it might be easier to use them in a different way, make chestnut gnocchi or something maybe.

>>7217718
Fine dining modern American restaurant in California. Not going to say exactly where or which one.
>>
>>7217995
Thanks bruh. It's actually a few small florets stacked together but I see what you mean.
>>
It's not the most inventive thing I've ever made, but the thing people ask for when they ask me to "cater" their shindigs is a Chicken Kiev/Cordon Bleu hybrid (I call it Cordon Rouge... because I'm inventive...). Usually it's got a small smattering of a tart Grand Marnier/Triple Sec reduction gastrique thing (I'm sure there's a term for a gastrique using a liqueur reduction for sweetness, but I can't think of it), and parisienne potatoes roasted with a bit of the chicken butter, on a shredded beet salad with a lemon-horseradish dressing.
>>
>>7217996
Would the chestnut flavour come through if you crushed them, simmered or sauteed them, and strained the solids out?
>>
Pasta di ritardo:

cooked pasta (I prefer penne)
roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
garlic, minced
olive oil
dry red, rose or white wine
dried chillies
capers
sun dried olives, minced
fresh basil, torn up a little

the tomatoes are lightly cooked with garlic and chilies in a generous quantity of olive oil. The wine is added to the tomatoes, reduced and a sort of oil-tomato emulsion forms. Then, the pasta is added and tossed around for a bit. The olives, capers and basil are added just before serving. Sometimes, I cook a little bit of fresh rosemary up with the tomatoes and garlic. I use different wine for different results, and will often omit the capers and olives. Sometimes, I will use a more demi-sec wine than a dry one, to give a little sweetness to the dish. It is very important the tomatoes are not overcooked. I like to top the dish with some sort of hard, grated cheese like peccorino romano or parmagiano. This dish goes well with pussy and white wine.
>>
>>7218078
Maybe flash fry much smaller cuts and place them on the protien
>>
>>7215468
too much reduction on plate, just use spoon and make one fast thin line all over(or maybe put it in some small thing).
I see this is amateur but its OK , for what it is.
This reduction looks like it need to be reduced more, at least a bit.
Pro chef here.
Dont take this as attack(or criticism, its good and all), im saying purely what would my ex-teacher would told me if I showed him this.
>>
File: g-mbo.jpg (475 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
g-mbo.jpg
475 KB, 1600x1200
Guess mine is gumbo since I make it so often.

In fact I just made a pot today.
>>
>>7218078
Would still devour 10 x over
>>
>>7217822
That looks delicious. Is anything in that cooked other than the couscous?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.