[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Save My Italian Dinner /ck/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: ragu pasta.jpg (89 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
ragu pasta.jpg
89 KB, 640x425
Going to be cooking an Italian dinner for a good number of people. I need help because last time it turned out shitty.

I'm not sure what to cook and what sides.

Current menu, it fucking sucks I know

Ragu Bolognese - start making 4 hours early, tomatoes diced from can, tomato paste from can, some pork/beef stuff, and basil.

Pasta - store bought dry from box

CHeese? I don't know but I guess you need cheese for the pasta. I used mozzarella and just flaked it on top last time.

Side 1: I don't know but I was going to take zucchini and sweet potato slices, some basil, and some chili flakes and bake it together.

side 2: Bruschetta - basil diced tomato + toasted bread

How do I make this not shit? Something else I should make instead? Maybe instead of ragu + pasta I do chicken picatta?

Ingredients aren't a problem and can get most any.
>>
9 seconds on google and you could find out why your bolognese recipe fucking sucks, you need a lot more than tomatoes and basil
you want parmesan not mozzarella and usually itd be served on it's own so people can add it to taste

actually just serve everyone a can of tomatoes with a tablespoon of dried basil mixed in
>>
>>7215485
Okay, for the can of tomatoes do I heat it up first or serve it cold?
>>
you don't sound excited at all, man.
Just give up already and get catering
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>7215512

Should I do an "Italian" salad then?
>>
>>7215546

Ratatouille is a meme food bro
>>
File: 1450664026346.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1450664026346.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>7215512
Yes Sensei, I will go hike 100 miles to find the perfect can of dried basil to be worthy of advice on ck.
>>
>>7215444
>How do I make this not shit?
thread ziti up your ass, inch by inch
>>
File: lee.jpg (152 KB, 596x728) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
152 KB, 596x728
Okay fags

I've decided

I'll do the normal ragu I make + italian beef recipe (pictured) + Italian salad

thanks for the help bitches
>>
>>7215444
My secret ingredient for any tomato-based sauce is peperoncino

Gives it a nice kick
>>
File: sandra-lee-kwanzaa.jpg (21 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
sandra-lee-kwanzaa.jpg
21 KB, 400x393
>>7215589
>Getting recipes from alcoholic Sandra Lee

You should make a Kwanzaa cake for dessert.
>>
>>7215589
>recipe
Start with garlic, chilli and meat, add ripe whole tomatoes, stock, red wine, basil, salt and pepper, all to taste. Simmer for a couple hours. It's that simple.
>>
>>7215604
>Kwanzaa

WE
>>
>>7215499

First off for the pasta -

Remember to add break pasta spaghetti noodles in half for even cooking

add vegetable oil to water so the spaghetti pasta noodles don't stick

throw them in the water and turn on high and cook 7 minutes longer than the directions say for a perfect al dente pasta spaghetti noodle texture and also it gives that rustic flavor

mix tomato paste with sugar and garlic powder and then cook it with microwaved tomato can, add some nice seasoning I find that Italian cajun mix is very good

fry pork/beef stuff in vegetable shortening and drain the fat because you don't want oily sauce

throw meat in the tomatoes and cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for 2 hours so the flavors develop
>>
>>7215611

forgot to mention to never mix the pasta noodle sauce with the noodle pasta, instead serve it over the top, that's what they do in authentic Chicago Italian homes.
>>
>>7215611
Thank you

I already do the pasta thing cuz I hate crunchy.
>>
>>7215589
no, dont do your normal ragu because it is awful
also what is the point in serving 2 beef tomato and basil dishes
>>
>>7215666
when I think Italian, I think basil.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.