[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aeropress Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: aeropress.jpg (16 KB, 260x523) Image search: [Google]
aeropress.jpg
16 KB, 260x523
I love my aeropress. portable, cheap, easy, and it makes the best coffee. I threw out my Keurig immediately afterwards.

>18g coffee (freshly ground)
>79 degrees C water
>invert method
>>
>>7215146
Like a midget prostitute
>portable, cheap, easy
>>
>>7215146
how much water?
>>
How do you get the water to 79C? Boil it? Do you use a thermometer to check it?
>>
>>7215174
You go in your hot air balloon and rise enough until the pressure is low enough that the boiling point of water has become 79C.
>>
what doez zis do?
>>
>>7215188
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Aeropress is about the same price, if not cheaper than most of drip coffee makers. It also makes superior coffee compared to any drip machine I've ever used.
>>
File: electrickettle2.jpg (123 KB, 1471x1500) Image search: [Google]
electrickettle2.jpg
123 KB, 1471x1500
>>7215174
I'm using an electric kettle, water heats up fast. And yes, using a thermometer to check the temperature.

The temp is a key element in brewing. Too hot can burn it. Too cold can make it weak.

>>7215165
Not sure, I need to start measuring my water. I usually fill the chamber, press it into my cup, and top it off with water. But I've noticed the championship recipies don't typically use much more than a chamber full of water.
>>
>>7215197
Oh sorry, I guess its not obvious from the original post.

The aeropress makes coffee.

Some of the best coffee I've ever had.
>>
>>7215146
>"The Aeropress was invented in 2005 by American inventor Alan Adler. After breaking his french press, Adler discovered that his penis enlargement pump was capable of brewing coffee. With a few slight modifications, the Aeropress was born."
>>
Just made some. Local beans are the best
>>
>>7215204
Yanks can't have kettles because there shitty electrical infrastructure can't support the power an electric kettle requires.
>>
>>7215541
This meme is great
>>
>>7215146
I got one of these the other day. Took me like 15 tries to get it to produce coffee that was palatable, and even then the coffee it makes is either really fucking bitter or weak as tits. I think I made a couple of "succcessful" brews and even then they tasted overwhelmingly average. My Hario V60 makes nicer tasting and easier coffee, tbhfam.

Aeropress is just one big meme
>>
>>7215146
Why does everyone act like this device makes fucking miracle coffee? I tried it a couple times, it makes OK coffee but nothing special.

Does everyone who reviews it so positively come from drinking instant coffee their whole life or something?
>>
>>7215653
Aeropress is massively popular in Japan.
/ck/ is full of weebs.
Work it out.
>>
Bialetti > Aeropress
>>
>>7215146
Aero press does not deserve its own thread, weeb faggot.
>>
File: amazon_coffee.png (369 KB, 670x1702) Image search: [Google]
amazon_coffee.png
369 KB, 670x1702
>>7215665
>>7215717
Its not that popular in Japan, not as much as French presses at least.

Do you have sources for your claims, or are you just spouting lies on the internet?
>>
>>7215649
This desu

Can't really go wrong with pouring good water over good beans. v60 just werks, no need to mess with penis pumps for good coffee.
>>
I get really good coffee out of a french press with locally roasted beans that I put through a burr grinder. I'm really skeptical of the aeropress. Especially since paper filters remove a lot of the oils.

I get a grind from a small botique roaster in Iowa and the flavor profile of the coffee brewed in a chemex or drip coffee maker is totally different from a french press. I'm inclined to think much of this is from the paper filter.

Some friends swear by the Aeropress though...
>>
>>7215745
I'm sorry but that isn't true. Japan has a huge coffee culture but it is mostly Aeropress and Pour Over. They even have a national Aeropress competition in Japan. The amount of search results on a specific country's Amazon site doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>7215745
.5L Kenya represent
>>
>>7215653
I wouldn't say it makes miracle coffee, but it makes better coffee than most other drip and pour over methods I've used and it tends to not be overly murky like french press can get.

Anyway, it's completely based on opinion. Some people like using an aeropress, some don't. Most everyone I've seen who complains about them either has never used one or doesn't use them properly and ends up with fucked up coffee as a result due to their own incompetence.
>>
File: rsxpso.jpg (61 KB, 296x350) Image search: [Google]
rsxpso.jpg
61 KB, 296x350
>>7215146

Get some real coffee. Superior brewing is pic related. I threw out my Aeropress immediately.

/thread.
>>
Its the virgin coffee maker for forever alone weebs and people who don't really enjoy coffee. 1cup brewing is a joke and can't understand why such a thing exist.

My coffee addiction has gone into full blown mode I had to upgrade to a 200oz coffee maker
>>
>>7215146
How do these compare to French presses? My mom's too lazy to use the French press I got her for Christmas, but my elitism can't allow for her to continue using a cheap drip machine.
>>
>>7216157
that's also $1000
i really want one though
>>
>>7216220
how are those massive shits coming weeb
>>
>>7216625
Silvias aren't even $700 new. Also, comparing espresso to other methods is completely retarded.
>>
File: cochrane-cowboy-coffee_03.jpg (18 KB, 329x242) Image search: [Google]
cochrane-cowboy-coffee_03.jpg
18 KB, 329x242
>not exclusively making cowboy coffee

weebs
>>
>>7216382
If she's too lazy to use a french press, she's probably too lazy to use an aeropress. Either way, it's still more work than using an auto drip.

Just let her drink her Folgers from the cheap drip machine in peace.
>>
I just was gifted an aero press at work and I've been playing with it. I like that it's easy to clean in an office compared to a French press and it's great for making just one cup. However, nothing beats fresh ground French press coffee in my opinion.

My method 2 scoops fine ground coffee (I buy small bags of fresh roasted ground beans) in press, fill hot water to 2, stir for 10 seconds, fill hot water to 4, press 45 seconds, top off with hot water.
>>
>>7217055
For mine, I also use two scoops of finely ground coffee. I tap it down a few times after I put in the coffee so it kind of gets packed down, then slowly pour over and fill to the 4 line, stir it for 30 seconds then press it for 30 seconds, then top it off with some water to fill my 16oz mug.

I tried dicking around with the inverted method but it just didn't feel like ti was worth the extra effort.
>>
>>7216989
Okay, I'll try to cool my autism.
>>
Buy a Chemex you hacks
>>
>>7215192

21,000 American feet above sea level to be exact
>>
>>7215541

Weak bait, since the reality is actually the opposite. Had an acquaintance use an American hairdryer in a European outlet using only a plug converter (not knowing you need a voltage converter for certain devices, and that an American hairdryer not designed for travel simply won't work either way)... knocked out power in the entire hotel. Kek.
>>
>>7215192
OFFICIAL MEME LEVEL

>DARK MEME
Aeropress

>MEDIUM-DARK MEME
French press

>MEDIUM MEME
moka pot

>LIGHT-MEDIUM MEME
espresso machine

>LIGHT MEME
drip brewer
>>
>>7215188
They're like 20 buckaroos. I know that can buy 20 blowjobs from your mom, but it's still reasonable.
>>
>>7218604
What's the least meme?

Percolator?
>>
>>7218718

I prefer a percolater

Makes a much stronger, hotter cup of coffee

Just wish it didn't take so long
>>
>>7218728
>stronger
You mean bitter
>>
>>7219058
Not even him but that's the way coffee should be, faggot
>>
>>7219104
Absolutely not
>>
what french press would you guys recommend?
>>
>>7219146
Bodum
>>
>>7219146
Tell you what, I wouldn't recommend a Mr. Coffee french press. The filters in those are shit.
>>
$50 for a few bits of plastic? Tell 'em to get fucked! I'll stick with my wog pot.
>>
>>7219146
Any you can find with a steel or aluminum carafe. Check thrift stores and garage sales.
>>
>>7219146
I bought this one for my mom and it works great: http://www.grosche.ca/product/french-presses/madrid/
>>
>>7219450
Its like $25
>>
> 2016
> not doing pour overs
>>
>>7218509
>>7219655
>even bothering with pourover when full immersion exists
>>7219590
That anon is obviously from Australia
>>
>>7219655
> 2016
> thinking pour-overs are superior
> never knowing coffee gets better flavor when ground for Presses or even standard Flat Bottoms
>>
My sister got me a hario v60 for Christmas but it's a pain in the ass to use compared to my French press. The coffee lacks the character but it does have a more delicate flavour I'll give it that.

The hario ceramic grinder she got me is very good though.
>>
>>7220187
You did use a finer grind for the v60, right?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>7220099
>>7219664
>>
>>7215146
>colder water for aeropress
Can we stop this meme? It will taste better if you just boil it.
>>
>>7215204
>Too hot can burn it.
No, it can't. Coffee is roasted to at least twice the boiling temperature of water.
>>
>>7220187
This is what wine people call ghetto palate
You'll be cured if you drink enough v60 coffee
>>
Yank here
Have an electric kettle. Will say this the ones I used in euroland were much faster.

That said. My favorite methods. In no order

Aero pot
Chem ex
Bee pot
Siphon
French press
>>
>>7220187
>The coffee lacks the character
Sounds like you are doing it wrong.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.