[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cook lentils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 650brown_lentils_org20.jpg (107 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
650brown_lentils_org20.jpg
107 KB, 650x650
How do I cook lentils
>>
Microwave on high
>>
>>7213077
Just boil them in slightly salted water with a few bayleaves until you reach your consitency. Add a little less water if you want to make them into mash. Also little drizzle of vinegar at the end.
This kind goes well with grilled sausage or fried egg and slice of sourbread + pickle.
Can't get simplier than that
>>
>>7213084
I love this one when I'm out of money. It's rly cheap and you'll feel full even the day after.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxhgAVoxNc
>>
Ever heard of dal?
>>
Stick em I'm yur butt
>>
>>7213077
Beef and tomato lentil soup.
Dish of the Gods
>>
>>7213084
So lentils aren't like dried beans where you have to be careful about when you add the salt (because it makes the skins tough)?
>>
>>7213077
Like a coffee.
Grind them and put them in your coffee contraption of choice.
>>
>>7214770
you could probably get hipsters to drink this. They already think drinking Blue Ribbon is cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I made this last night and it was great.
>>
shoot at it until it dies
>>
Boil'em mash'em stick'em in a stew
>>
>>7214762
nah, they're more like peas.
>>
File: 1418315126249.png (81 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1418315126249.png
81 KB, 900x900
>>7214819
>tfw can't make French Lentils with Swiss Chard because no gf
>>
http://www.turkishfoodandrecipes.com/2008/12/red-lentil-soup-kirmizi-mercimek.html

This shit is great. Use Paprika past tho.
>>
>>7214865
I'm going to make it for my wife
could you ship me some of your tears to salt the boil?
>>
>>7214770
>>7214794
don't do this

you create death
>>
>>7213077
Basic lentil soup:
1 lb of lentils (1 bag) into the pot after rinsing them and removing floaters and stones.
finely dice a small onion and toss that in.
Fill with water to 2 inches over the lentils.

Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally.

When lentils are tender, toss in 1 finely diced carrot and simmer for 10-15 more minutes.

Att his point you can add pepper and salt. Never add salt to legumes until the end. it toughens them. I've also added some pork flavoring I got at a Chinese market here. Pork and MSG. Yum.

I usually smash some of the lentils with a potato masher to thicken the soup. I serve it with Jalapeno sauce and shredded cheese.

Probably the cheapest food I make. 1 pot will be 4 meals for a fatass like me.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.