[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone redpill me on canola oil? Is it healthy and fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Can someone redpill me on canola oil? Is it healthy and fine to eat? And if so how much?

I only ask because I just found out about how some people say its bad. I eat stovetop popcorn cooked in canola oil every day as a snack or dinner if I am lazy, and have for years. I've tried switching to coconut but the taste is different and it is substantially more expensive. I don't really care about the macronutrient difference but if it will give me cancer I will switch to another oil.
>>
Everyone has their vices on things they like to eat unhealthily. For example, chocolate, soda, and butter

However ill recommend you to continue eating canola oiled popcorn as a snack but dont skip dinner or substitute with popcorn it isnt all that nutritional.
I also have been consuming foods cooked in oil as long as i can remember

Most significantly eat more green veggies
Spinach brocolli kale collards lettuce cucumber etcetera
Happy eating
>>
>>7210855
Just switch to grape seed oil. $5-8 for those big jug size.
Suppose to be the better of the common oils.
>>
All food is deadly poison, but you will die from a burst brain aneurysm so don't worry about it.
>>
some canola oil is extracted with toxic chemicals, then deodorized with more chemicals because it's rancid and smells bad. this can happen with any oil though. just look for a high quality canola oil.

i once bought a cheap bottle of soybean oil, and it smelled like old fish. it doesn't mean it's all bad though.
>>
>>7210855
The oil is literally RAPE.

From the Rape seed.

Nothing inherently wrong with it, just look for high quality rape oil.

Ask your grocer for their recommendation on a quality rape oil.
Ask loudly in a busy place.

EXCUSE ME! WHERE MIGHT I FIND RAPE OIL?!
>>
File: goaway.png (29 KB, 162x104) Image search: [Google]
goaway.png
29 KB, 162x104
>>7210958
>>
>>7210958
canadian low acid (canola) oil is a much healthier alternative than rape
>>
>>7210958
They just gave me crisco.
>>
>>7210920
do the research before you advocate something jackass
>>
>>7210906

popcorn is pretty much as unprocessed of a whole grain as you can. A shit ton of fiber and complex carbs so it's pretty much one of the healthiest snacks you can eat. I do eat veggies, like i said popcorn dinner are just when I get lazy and can't find anything else to eat.

>>7210920
>>7210998

what's wrong with grapeseed oil? Is there a noticable flavor? One thing I don't like about coconut oil popcorn is that the flavor is different.
>>
>>7210855
The only consequence of eating/drinking too much canola oil is that you will either throw up or get diarrhea(or ghostpoo).

Some cheaper brands may contain unhealthy chemicals, but that goes for all foodstuff, not just canola oil.
>>
canola fields smell like shit took a shit and then rolled in it until it turned sour, and for that reason alone you should boycott it. Sola dosis facit venenum.
>>
canola oil is not only the best oil but also the best yellow liquid on earth and anyone who says different is just an anti-Canadian shitposter
>>
File: zeusd1-SACU-4902193.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
zeusd1-SACU-4902193.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>7213353
Canola oil has a funny taste when you use it to sautee though.

Peanut oil is the best overall oil, hands down.
>>
>>7210988
nothin says lovin like a fist full of crisco.
>>
I heard something recently about olive oil being pretty decent
>>
>>7210958
literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally literally

fuck you
>>
>>7213402
you're literally upset
>>
>>7210855
Jesus Christ every time you make a thread you say redpill

Could you mix it up
>>
just use olive oil
>>
All oils are unhealthy.

If you want fat, get it from cold water fish low in the food chain or whole raw nuts and seeds.
>>
>>7213428
Don't do this op, olive oil gets really smoky if you try to pop popcorn with it.
There's nothing wrong with canola oil, it's the best tasting oil to me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.