[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gook Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (647 KB, 768x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647 KB, 768x2048
I'm in the chong aisle at the supermarket. I want to make some Asian food later, what should I buy.
No limit on the budget really.
>>
Tofu and soy sauce is about the best you'll get.
It's generally bland cuisine.
>>
>>7209829
That's definitely tofu at the top.
>>
>>7209774
Sesame oil
Soy sauce
Asian 5 spice seasoning
Oyster sauce
Rice wine

That's all you really need.
>>
>>7209829
Tofu doesn't need refrigeration.
>>
>>7209837
Rice would probably be a good thing to have on that list.
>>
>>7209774
Get flied lice.
And War Crimes.
>>
shin ramyun
2nd shelf up from the bottom, red stuff close to the left
>>
only correct answer is go to an asian market
>>
You morons.

>>7209774
First, grab a packet of Sapporo Ichiban Ramen. Midshelf. You can pick up some Nongshim if you want, but S1 is the BEST.

Next, grab that bag of Calrose Rice on the bottom shelf. It's not a great deal but not a terrible one, and rice is the foundation of a lot of japanese dishes.

Ignore the lone bottle of Sriracha. It's a troll selection. If you need Soy, grab a bottle of Kikkoman.

Do you live on a coastline? If so, grab the Nori on the bottom shelf.

Now, it's time to do your REAL shopping. Go get Garlic, Green Onions, Leeks, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Ginger, and some Eggs.

Make sure you have a bottle of Vinegar, too.
You get extra credit if you can find MIRIN at your grocery store, or you have SAKE lying about.

If you live on a coast, get some fresh sashimi-grade fish and make sure you use it right away.

You should be decently well equipped to make some good Japanese food now.

Seek out recipes from the internet and buy any little bits
>>
>>7209914
You moron.
>>
Looks like Yamasa soy sauce on the 2nd shelf from the top, get some of that.
>>
>>7209914
Shut up and go play with your dildo some more.
>>
File: companion-mun_chai_ya_1.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
companion-mun_chai_ya_1.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
Some random ingredients that are great to cook with:

Green jackfruit
Canned quail eggs
Seitan
Thai curry paste
Seaweed
Kimchi
Tempeh
Konjac noodles
>>
>>7209825
FUCK YOU
>>7209774
Adventurous journeyman in cooking: Buy some duck sauce, braise your pork in it, serve on a pita with green onions

An easy entryway classic: Soy sauce and green pepper, make a stir fry using pork shoulder butt

Wanna get freaky/college student: Buy some chili oil, corned beef and frozen peas and carrots (diced). Stir fry everything together for however long, stir in some rice and immediately bring it out before the rice steams.
>>
>>7210947
If getting Thai curry paste then don't forget coconut milk. Even just a small amount can change a dish quite a bit and there's no subsitute.
>>
>>7209926
aye i worked in the west coast yamasa factory
>>
File: XO-Sauce_Small.jpg (376 KB, 776x776) Image search: [Google]
XO-Sauce_Small.jpg
376 KB, 776x776
>>7209774
XO Sauce
Okonomiyaki Sauce
Soba Tsuyu
Chinese BBQ Sauce
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.