[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you cook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: food.jpg (14 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
14 KB, 254x199
I know pros can bang out 40-100 covers a night, maybe more. But what about the home cooks here? How many meals do you cook in a week?

And I mean actual cooking, not microwaving a frozen burrito or heating up a can of some shit.

For me it's probably 10-12 meals a week cooked at home. Lunch and dinner most days for two. Which means I cook pretty much everyday, twice a day most of the time.

How about you?
>>
40-100 covers a night isn't even that many, I don't even work in that large of a restaurant and we still do over 200 on weekends.

Anyway... I cook most of the meals that I eat at home, although I usually just eat at work. Probably 6 meals a week, I mostly just cook so that my partner has something to eat in the morning before they go to work. I make large batches so I will eat some of the leftovers, but if I were alone I'd probably only cook about 2 meals a week and would just wait until I got to work to eat more often.
>>
Depends on the weather. If the weather is nice, then I'm grilling or smoking three times a day. I've also got a propane burner for doing gumbos and fish fries. Otherwise, I'm probably going to eat out or do something simple like chili macaroni and eat the leftovers for 3-4 days.

>>7209573
>so that my partner
>partner
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>7209573
If I worked in a kitchen I doubt I'd cook nearly as much at home. Hell, if I had a job that I couldn't do much of the time from home I wouldn't be able to cook as much as I do.
>>
>>7209583
>If the weather is nice, then I'm grilling or smoking
>a propane burner for doing gumbos and fish fries.
>chili macaroni
>Kill yourself, faggot.
Way to live up to the cliche. Let me guess: you also drink soda, are overweight and don't like brown people very much, either.
>>
>>7209640
Yes, as a matter of fact.
>>
About one meal every day, I've been cooking rösti and legumes stew recently, they both cook slowly so it's a pleasure to do half of the job and then forget them on the stove.
>>
7-10.

Breakfast is usually home made yogurt, fruit, bread, and peanut spread.

Mid-meal is cooked.

Evening is a big fucking salad, with bread and cheese.

Though it varies...
>>
Chef here. I do 6 days a week, and only properly cook on my day off. Rest of the time it's frozen/dried shit. Just can't be arsed after a 10 hour shift.
>>
>>7209554
+14 meals a week. I'm a homemaker so I cook just about every day. But lunch is often leftovers, so I'm not cooking 3 meals a day every day. Often I will make something large (like pot roast or soup) and eat it for lunch all week.
>>
>How many meals do you cook in a week?
Depends on how you quantify it.
I cook maybe four or five meals in a given week and eat leftovers for a week or two thereafter, but I usually eat two meals I've cooked myself completely from scratch a day, even if I didn't necessarily cook it that day. And breakfast is usually /mostly/ from scratch because I eat bread with jam or a pastry or cake or something. Other than the jam and butter/cream cheese, it's from scratch (though I do occasionally make jams as well).
This weekend, for example, I only cooked once, baking a banana cake Christmas day, but not a day passed where I didn't eat some leftover I made.
>>
>>7209554
At the restaurant I prepare about 30 cold sandwiches and cook about 20 hot ones per day.

Back home, the odds of me cooking, when living alone, are about one in three for dinner.

I am currently helping to take care of my grandma and grandpa. So I cook about one night in ten.
>>
>>7209860
>I'm a homemaker so I cook just about every day.
How has it effected your cooking? When my boys were fussy little shits they fucked up my cooking for about a decade. My sister, who used to be a good cook ended up having her cooking go to shit by having three very fussy kids she had to feed, so it became more of a chore for her than a pleasure, because she can't make anything interesting for them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.