[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /ck/ know of any good stir-fry recipes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Asian-Beef-Stir-Fry.jpg (408 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Asian-Beef-Stir-Fry.jpg
408 KB, 800x533
does /ck/ know of any good stir-fry recipes?
>>
>>7209186
I use a wok pretty often. I'm not going to list specific recipes, but my experience is that the wok has to be hot as hell and you have to be pretty generous with the oil (I like peanut) in order not to fuck up the stir fry. Vegetables that require a long cook are best blanched beforehand, because everything the goes down in the wok should take no longer than a few minutes.
>>
>>7209186
Add whatever you want to the pan and cook it. That's literally the whole point of stir-fry.
>>
>>7209186

Try broccoli, bok choi, mushrooms and tofu. Add 1 T of oyster sauce or generic stir fry sauce. Serve with rice.
>>
How the fuck do you wok chicken pieces? Every time I try all the moisture comes out and I end up boiling the batch and removing the liquid. Am I just crowding the wok?
>>
OIL
VEGETABLES
MEAT
STIR FRY THEM

Jesus Christ, you people are hopeless.
>>
>>7209320
You need to wok like an Egyptian
>>
>>7209320
Dust chicken lightly with cornstarch. Heat wok. Add generous amount of oil. Make sure it's hot, but not smoking. Add chicken. When chicken is mostly cooked remove from wok with slotted spoon. Fry everything else, then add chicken at the end right before sauce.
>>
>>7209323
He asked for a recipe, thundercunt.
>>
>>7209338
I gave him one, illiterate Aborigine.
>>
>>7209340
?
>>
>>7209342
I gave him one, illiterate Aborigine.
>>
File: stir fry how to.jpg (873 KB, 625x7465) Image search: [Google]
stir fry how to.jpg
873 KB, 625x7465
Boom shakalaka
>>
File: topkek.gif (520 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
520 KB, 255x255
>>7209335
>>
>>7209345
Verticals are for people with learning difficulties.
>>
>>7209354
Like people who ask /ck/ for recipes.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1024x683
>>7209355
>sticky when?
>>
>>7209362
I mean it, when did 4chan decide they were too stupid to use Search Engines? If you've got an idea and are looking for feedback, that's cool, make a thread. There's too many idiots who ask us to do their searching for them, and it needs to stop.
>>
I know mostly Sri Lankan and Thai dishes.
Recipes make one serving; can be multiplied.

lean pork mince, 100g
garlic, 2 cloves
ginger, a thumbslength
chilli, if/as desired
fish, soy and oyster sauces, 1-2 tbsp each
water, 1-2tbsp
bamboo shoot, long type, 1
onion, half of one
kraphao (though I prefer horapha, despite being untraditional/inauthentic), a handful or two of leaves

Stir-fry pork to crumble cook then remove and reserve.
Add garlic and ginger, peeled and minced or matchsticked.
>and chilli, minced, if using
Stir-fry a 30-45 seconds then re-add pork.
Stir-fry about a minute then add sauces and water as well as bamboo shoot and onion, sliced.
Stir-fry until liquid has mostly evaporated then add kraphao and off the heat.
Continue stirring a final half minute or so, then plate up.
Serve with rice.

I prefer using "stir-fry-sliced" pork rather than mince. You know. The one cut into 5cm-long, 1cm-wide bits (about 2in × ,5in)? Those.

chicken, 100g
curry powder, as needed
chilli garlic/ginger paste, 1-2tbsp
>this stuff is pounded with lots of salt, which preserves it, so if you don't have any available, just mince or blitz your own, but add salt to the dish to taste
oil, 1-2tsp
onion, half of one
green sweet peppers, a handful
water, give-or-take a third cup
cornstarch, 1tbsp
>or a handful of capsicum spears
coriander leaves, a handful

Slice chicken and toss with curry powder until coated and feels dry to the touch, then set aside.
Heat paste and oil until fragrant then add chicken.
Stir-fry until coloured, but not cooked through.
Add onion, wedged, and sweet peppers, sliced, and stir-fry a minute.
Mix water and cornstarch to make a slurry then add to the pan and stir about a minute until reduced, quite thick and well coated.
Off the heat and add coriander and toss to mix through.
Plate up and eat with rice or string hoppers.

More?
>>
>>7209335
this is the worst pun I have ever seen. i did smile, though
>>
>>7209340
>>7209343
>>7209323
i would give anything to ban all australians from 4chan
>>
Just wanted to say that I have been quite frequently stir frying these days myself and disagree with the "lots of oil" statement. If you are properly stir frying the wok should be hot enough that any oil you add immediately smokes. Work in batches so you don't destroy your heat. I add oil in the very last step when I mix everything together. That way you don't turn your house into Cloud City.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.