[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is a picture of an old fashioned in an old fashioned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tmg-article_main_wide_2x[1].jpg (348 KB, 1940x868) Image search: [Google]
tmg-article_main_wide_2x[1].jpg
348 KB, 1940x868
So this is a picture of an old fashioned in an old fashioned glass. But whenever I search for recipes and make them, i end up with only a tiny amount of drink. Even if I add a bunch of ice it still only fills about half the glass.

So what gives? This happens with practically every cocktail I try to make
>>
>>7207552
Uh, make a double? Are you retarded by chance?
>>
>>7207558

But I ordered one at a bar once and didn't ask for a double and it was a full glass too. Is that normal?
>>
glasses have gotten bigger. tge classic rocks glass was 5-6 oz, now its 8-10. same with the highball and martini glasses, look at old movies then compare to todays monstrosities
>>
>>7207564
It was a technically a double. No one orders double old fashioned, you just get a rocks glass full of the drink.
>>
>>7207571
basically this, you are probably using your moms retard sized double old fashioned glasses
>>
>>7207596

I bought them myself. Can you link me to properly sized old fashioned glasses?
>>
>>7207609
there are regular(6-10oz) and double(12-16oz) old fashioned glasses, they come in a variety of sizes. also have you tried putting more ice in your glass?
>>
>>7207619

Mine are definitely not more than 10oz. I just checked
>>
>Fill glass with ice
>Fill glass with water to the level you wish your drink to reach
>Drain that water and measure it
>Congratulations, you now know how much of your alcoholic beverage to mix if you want to fill your glass to the desired level
>>
File: bill-nye_250px_200px.png (52 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye_250px_200px.png
52 KB, 200x189
>>7207640
science rules!
>>
>people who don't make their old fashioneds with brandy?
>>
>>7207609
https://www.etsy.com/listing/226584314/w-m-dalton-french-lead-crystal-old

look at that pic and compare to the bucket you're using
>>
>>7207625

A classic old fashioned glass is 6 oz. A double is 12.
>>
File: mustard.jpg (653 KB, 2274x2274) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
653 KB, 2274x2274
>>7207609
find a decent looking mustard glass and those are about the right size theyre saying
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.