[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>memefood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: 1450743755014.jpg (169 KB, 904x904) Image search: [Google]
1450743755014.jpg
169 KB, 904x904
>memefood
>>
This whole "memefood" thing is part of why I rarely come to /ck/ anymore. Nothing but cancer and circle jerking.
>>
>>7207530
Thank you for your stellar contribution.
>>
>>7206697

>memeal orel
>>
>flyover state
>>
File: 1375720526892.gif (2 MB, 214x193) Image search: [Google]
1375720526892.gif
2 MB, 214x193
>>7207530
>I'm mad because bacon, my favorite food, is a memefood and no one takes me seriously when I use it in everything anymore.
>>
>>7207530
same. this is the first time I've been here in months.

first load of ck
>meme food

fuck this shit.
>>
>>7209315
>calling things "memeX" because they're popular
You should probably head on over to /mu/ soon to have dank bants about shitty bands that totally (in your mind) deserve to be selling out more venues than the local Denny's.
>>
People using the word "memefood" are just adding to another vein of the dumb, arrogant, gloss-over shitposting attitude that people use here. It doesn't actually say anything about the food, and disregarding the people who talk about "memefoods" is hilariously snooty in the most juvenile way possible.

My theory is that it's just the way they downvote things. They can't handle a forum where they have to think and type out every message, so they listen for buzzwords to spam when they have negative feelings, just like some redditor hamfists the downvote button instead of trying to tell them that they're wrong.
>>
>>7209339
>posting in a shitpost thread.
>>
>>7209347
People using the word "memefood" are just adding to another vein of the dumb, arrogant, gloss-over shitposting attitude that people use here. It doesn't actually say anything about the food, and disregarding the people who talk about "memefoods" is hilariously snooty in the most juvenile way possible.

My theory is that it's just the way they downvote things. They can't handle a forum where they have to think and type out every message, so they listen for buzzwords to spam when they have negative feelings, just like some redditor hamfists the downvote button instead of trying to tell them that they're wrong.
>>
File: 1340674277928.jpg (16 KB, 427x382) Image search: [Google]
1340674277928.jpg
16 KB, 427x382
>>7209339
>Being this buttblasted over shitposting.
>>
>>7209351

>>
>>7209351
>My theory is that it's just the way they downvote things. They can't handle a forum where they have to think and type out every message, so they listen for buzzwords to spam when they have negative feelings, just like some redditor hamfists the downvote button instead of trying to tell them that they're wrong.
>>
>>7209339
>My theory is that it's just the way they downvote things.

Actually that makes a lot of sense, this shit became more and more popular with reddit spilling over to 4chan.. so yeah.
>>
File: the face of autism.jpg (20 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
the face of autism.jpg
20 KB, 236x354
>>7206697
oh look, it's this shitposting again. sage in all fields and hidden and such.
>>
>>7209339
I'm a redditor and you are absolutely correct. Since we can't downvote here I just spew memeing accusations over everything I disagree with.
>>
>>7209360
I hope you reported.
>>
"Meme" is a codeword for "things I don't like" and everyone knows it
>>
I hate how in the last few years 4chan has become obsessed with the word meme. Everything is a fucking meme nowadays.
>>
>>7209466
Nice meme post
>>
>>7209488
Nice meme reply
>>
Lol meme
>>
maymays
>>
>>7209466
Whatever you say cucklord
>>
>>7209672
Pronounced, "Meem."
>>
Calling food 'memefood' is the real meme
>>
>>7209680
The word mayday is referencing reddit fags and other of their ilk who mispronounce the word meme, that is what makes it mildly humorous.

tl;dr welcome to 4chan newfaggot.
>>
>>7209688
It's called newchan, 4faggot.
>>
>>7209672
>meemees
>>
>>7209339
it hasn't always been called "memefood" here but /ck/ has always been against stupid food trends. Why should we like something because it's some 'popular' trend that will die off in a few weeks to a year or two. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good or worthy of an intellectual discussion.
>>
>>7209680
>Pronounced, "Meem."
Why do the English have to bastardize the American language?

Sometimes I wonder why we even let them use it.
It was perfect before we gave it to them!
>>
>>7209339
shibbolethed a memefooder
>>
lmao I can't believe this thread I made is still up
>>
>>7211424
The amount of salt in that image is palpable. It's bigger than any of the other ones
>>
Is salt a memeseasoning or a memegredient?
>>
Personally I'm learning all the memes on this board so I can start shitposting with it.

My endgame is to get steak declared a memefood
>>
>>7209458
"Meme" is a codeword for "things I do like" and everyone knows it
>>
>>7209679
Nice cuckmeme
>>
>>7209315
so, memefood is anything that has been popular for ages and still is?
thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>7206697
>getting upset over word that means nothing
why are you such a fucking faggot
I use the word all the fucking time purely because it actually still riles up autists like you
It means literally fucking nothing how on earth do you get mad at something like this
>>
File: 1451367020190.jpg (20 KB, 612x397) Image search: [Google]
1451367020190.jpg
20 KB, 612x397
>>7211798
>people think I'm greentexting the word memefood but I'm actually greentexting shitty memefoods
>>
File: meme bread.jpg (147 KB, 649x947) Image search: [Google]
meme bread.jpg
147 KB, 649x947
>>7211767
No, memefood is any food that is being shoehorned into dishes where it doesn't belong, because it is popular at the moment. Bacon perfectly fits that description. Also applies to the names of dishes or their preparation. See also:

sriracha
calling any vaguely asian sandwich a "bahn mi"
calling mayo with other shit in it "aioli," especially if it doesn't have a trace of garlic
making sure to point out a dish was made in a cast iron pan
practically anything stuffed with cheese
nutella
frying things in duck fat
wagyu sliders
putting a fried egg on things like pizza

I enjoy all of these things in a way but I'm going to have an aneurysm if I see one more burger with "sriracha aioli"
>>
>>7212099
Sriracha has garlic in it though
>>
>>7212099
Someone should mix everything meme-y into one giant, deconstructed dish.
>>
isnt the act of Deconstructing a food item itself a meme-technique in cooking with chef's now
>>
File: 1450236092381.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1450236092381.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>7206697
>he consumes meme foods
>>
File: sriracha.jpg (40 KB, 217x400) Image search: [Google]
sriracha.jpg
40 KB, 217x400
>>
>>7213639
if it's done in a thoughtful and creative way, I wouldn't quite say so.
If it's because they're too lazy to actually make the meal it's 'deconstructing', then yes.
>>
>>7213705
No i was more thinking like those cooks on food game shows like Cutthroat kitchen who love to excuse not making the item the challenge told them to make use words like.

I made my interpretation on a deconstructed and asian french fusion inspired spaghetti and meatballs. when literially presenting an unwrapped wonton with slightly cooked beef (obiously being called beef sushi inspired by a french tartare) with siracha on it cause it looks red like spaghetti sauce.
>>
File: SaltShaker.jpg (31 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
SaltShaker.jpg
31 KB, 500x441
>>
>>7214803
most memefood ever
>>
File: bigstock-Himalayan-Pink-Salt.jpg (615 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-Himalayan-Pink-Salt.jpg
615 KB, 900x596
i like using pink salt because it makes me feel fancy :3
>>
>>7212099
Burgers with a fucking fried egg on top are the shit.
>>
>>7209680
It's pronounced meme
which would be pronounced the same as meem
but meem isn't a fucking word, and doesn't need to be
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.