[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there some good and cheap food joints by where you live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1441064767851.gif (1 MB, 258x193) Image search: [Google]
1441064767851.gif
1 MB, 258x193
Are there some good and cheap food joints by where you live?

>tfw right down the street I can buy a pasta dish and bread rolls, which is actually really filling, for just 3 euro
>>
>>7205913

No, I live on Cobh.

Ferry into Cork gives me a wide arrange of choices though.
>>
>>7205914
Such as what and for how much?

>tfw im in berlin
>>
>>7205917

Cork is a tourism/university town now so anything really. Burgers, curry, tappenyaki, chinese, kebabs, US chains: burger king, McDonald's, Subway etc etc etc.

I liked living I Dublin better, Osha Japanese was the best restaurant in that city. Cheap takeaway.

You're in Berlin, fuck. Great city. You can have anything you want, except peace ans quiet away from burka wearing trashlords and their bearded husbands. Politics aside I like Germany, I don't like what your government is making you put up with though.
>>
>>7205928
>I don't like what your government is making you put up with though.

I'm just an American, lad. However, I do plan on staying here for quite sometime, so I guess that kinda makes me a German? Probably not. There are a TON of muslims here, man.
>>
>>7205956

More to come. 1.5 million need a place to go and for some reason they're leaving Turkey even though it's a Muslim country they were safe in. What brought you to Germany? Military service?
>>
>>7205928
och aye 10/10 comment
>>
>>7205961

Scots say "aye" the Irish say "Tá" (pronounced: sha) to say yes or agree. No kilts either, that's an English thing, some people wear kilts in Northern Ireland but they're always one color (saffron) and it's because they're the descendents of scots paying homage.
>>
File: 1446245155827.jpg (46 KB, 649x488) Image search: [Google]
1446245155827.jpg
46 KB, 649x488
>>7205968
>Tá" (pronounced: sha)
>T
>sh
>>
>>7205913
The grocery store sells noodles and flour.
>>
>>7206007

Gaelic is confusing sure.

For instance: tiocfaidh= pronounced "chucky".

Different tongue. Not Latin or Germanic based.
>>
File: 1439231041063.jpg (36 KB, 342x416) Image search: [Google]
1439231041063.jpg
36 KB, 342x416
>>7206014
>Gaelic pronunciation

I'm both sad and happy that Celtic languages are dead.
>>
>>7206014
Better than tucking Cornish I guess
>>
>>7206022

The English uses to speak Gaelic as well before the Germanic tribes swept through and raped it out of them. Scotch Gaelic is very similar to Irish Gaelic.

We're ruining this thread though...hmm.

Sorry OP.
>>
File: 1450016066197.png (59 KB, 442x768) Image search: [Google]
1450016066197.png
59 KB, 442x768
>>7206028
The Germanic tribes were the English

The English never spoke Gaelic
>>
>>7206032

Not quite no.

The barbarians came from what is now Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Luxembourg and with them brought Germanic. Their language mixed with Gaelic and modern English was born. Transforming over thousands of years to get to this conversation.
>>
>>7206041
The English are the result of that mix,there were no English before it

The Welsh lived in modern day England before the Germanics cucked them no?
>>
>>7206041
>conveniently forgetting the French/Norman influence
>>
>>7206045

As did the Cornish and Scots. Different clans, only difference really.
>>
>>7205913
I'm from NYC, avoid the shit food carts. They're very overrated and only suckers stand in line for that which they can get otherwise.
>>
>>7206054

Go to Brittany, it's lovely across the channel and everyone speaks English.
>>
>>7206058
That's cool, even I've heard to do that a long time ago.
>>
Brazilian here
There is a lot of cheap food here. On my street i can find at least 4 places where i can find a decent meal for 8 R$
But anything that costs below 4 R$ is shit-tier.
>>
>>7206133
Even in the favalas?
>>
>>7206138
Lmao, they dont really eat out of their houses oftenly on the favelas. Spending 2 R$ is too much for people who only have 500 R$ to spend in a month.
I live in a rich neighborhood,and the food here is good, but i suppose that its shittier there.
>>
Bumfuck nowheresville, USA here.
Theres a Little Ceasars a few blocks from here that sells sausage and pepperoni pizzas for $5 each.
I know its garbage tier pizza, but goddamn its cheap and filling for just $5.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.