[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Veg thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Made a nut roast for my vegetarian friends and family, was tasty as fuck.
Going to start making some dairy free truffles for my lactose intolerant Mum (takes 4 fucking hours to set)

What did you make or have /veg/?
>>
>>7205785
looks like shit stewed in tomato sauce
>>
good job nerfing your gains by not eating the flesh of the innocent, pleb. DYEL?
>>
>>7205785
Looks nice.
It's very considerate of you to cook for them.
Well done OP.
>>
Do you guys have any more vegetarian dishes you'd share?
Got my vegi, brother coming round next week.
>>
>>7205816
Not really, sorry Anon, but I usually buy some quorn and season it with different stuff.
>>
How lactose free are those truffles you plan on making? My s/o is allergic to dairy and I haven't been able to find any chocolate that hasn't potentially come in contact with dairy...
>>
>>7205785
recipe? never had a good one

>>7205827
quorn is awesome I like it more than actual meat but its expensive
>>
Made a potato curry, eggplant/tomato curry and a red lentil curry. Served with coconut sambol, lime and cilantro rice, papadums, and beer. Turned out delicious.
>>
>>7205785
>truffles
trifle?
you what?

that's like making a grilled cheese without cheese- just don't eat it or only eat it once a month on a toilet
>>
could any of you suggest an alternate for ricotta for lasagna

I am not a vegen/vegetaian myself but do have a friend who is
>>
>>7205953
You can find recipes for home-made vegan "cheese." I made a macadamia ricotta from the book "Artisan Vegan Cheese" that was absolutely phenomenal. It turned out to be the star of the dish.
>>
>>7205874
You can get zero dairy chocolate from vegan stores Anon, I'm just using dairy free dark chocolate and coconut oil (which is too bloody expensive).
>>
>>7205882
Jamie Oliver's nut roast recipe Anon, the one with the salsa sauce in the recipe.
>>
File: img_0052.jpg (129 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
img_0052.jpg
129 KB, 480x640
Rice, tumerica, salt, pepper, onion, avocado, GARLIC powder, etc. Make tortillas, or eat plain whatever. Pretty delicious.

>>7205953
Soak any sort of nuts in water overnight, then grindy in a blender. If too thin, just boil until thick. Works with all sorts of milk. Add whatever spices for flavor.
>>
>>7206019
Can confirm, tasty as.
>>
File: 1332237900164.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1332237900164.gif
2 MB, 316x213
I made chickpea salad spread

Vegan pumpkin mac and cheese is pretty good

I use chickpeas a lot... I made tacos with them and then of course falafel.

There is tofu ricotta recipes too. I have one in one of my books I can take a picture. Tofu can be good if cooked well

Also seitan hot wings

>mfw this time last year I was a cheeseburger walrus and addicted to fried chicken too
>never thought this would happen
>>
File: image.png (138 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138 KB, 400x400
>>7206047
Know that feel Anon, thought that going vegetarian would lower my weight lifting stats, but it didn't.

>tfw still afraid to go vegan because I've met too many femboy vegans
>Never going eat soy after I've seen it's effects
>>
>>7206074
I feel you can still eat soy, just limit it.

I mean I'm a female anyway but it still worries me, so I try to limit it.
>>
File: 13246.jpg (57 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
13246.jpg
57 KB, 412x500
>>7205953
Try pic-related for vegcheese. Soak them in water to dilute the brine, then blend them with a little oil & salt. If you want to regain some texture/elasticity, work in some tapioca starch.
>>
>>7205816

Colcannon or chanp is always on point for vegis, I add roasted garlic and parmesan

roast broccoli and cauliflower with cumin is fantastic
Pasta and creamy mushrooms for a main, can be made vegan is necessary but Mornay+mushrooms is great
Seitan stirfry/hot skillet, I like it with bellpeppers, onion, garlic and soy and ginger

peppers and onions and potatoes, with Soyrizo or Gimme lean

Lots of options, just remember to kick up the moisture and fat content and don't be afraid to reach for the ajinomoto

>Ajinomoootoooooooooooo
>>
>>7206074
Protip: you eat soy all the fucking time if you eat anything packaged, processed etc. Take a look at the label sometime.
>>
>>7205785
Bump for Vegetarian Power Level!!
>>
This looks like absolute shit wtf
>>
File: pork.jpg (36 KB, 1031x175) Image search: [Google]
pork.jpg
36 KB, 1031x175
>>7206239
show us some of your OC, anon.
>>
>>7206239
Tastes heavenly though
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.