[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see the term ham planet used rather sparingly around these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: planets of ham.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
planets of ham.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
I see the term ham planet used rather sparingly around these parts, and it got me to thinking what if there was an entire planet made of ham? If it was far away enough from the sun could it be kept preserved and also kept in orbit and serve as a food source? Could one day humanity make an actual planet of ham for harvesting?

Also have any of you ever tried making fried ham cubes before?

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fried-ham-cubes
>>
>>7205097
My favorite is Crste after I ringe with orange juice. If you haven't done that then you're a fag that posts. Fucking fag bait cunt!~
>>
>>7205097
Would ham spoil in an environment with no atmosphere?
>>
>>7205097
I'm more concerned about what would happen if a planet made entirely of ham collided with a planet made of spam. Would they cancel each other out or...?
>>
>>7205142
what if it entered a whole wheat and mayo nebula
>>
>>7205140

Mostly not. Spoilage is due to bacteria/fungus digesting your food as well as general oxidation reactions leading to breakdown of your foodstuff.

Assuming the ham planet just materialized out in the vacuum in deep space where it is nearly 0 degrees K and there are no bacteria/fungus to eat it, it would be essentially perfectly freeze dried for eternity after the water boiled off.

The only thing I would worry about is since said ham planet would have no magnetic field it would be constantly bombarded by high energy particles which would probably decay the surface of the ham planet into an inedible layer of amorphous carbon (think charcoal).
>>
File: frontier.jpg (53 KB, 607x419) Image search: [Google]
frontier.jpg
53 KB, 607x419
>>7205230
I laughed everytime you said planet.
>>
>>7205097
You know how a petition was started for the white house to build a death star? There should be a petition made to build a small planet made out of ham to launch into space.
>>
>>7205230
So, you're saying it wouldn't just be a ham planet, it'd be a barbecued pork planet?
>>
It would be like the Dogscape world but with ham instead.
Link related: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Dogscape
>>
>>7205230
this isn't Worldbuilding on StackExchange, mate, no need to take it so seriously.
also:
>using the Kelvin scale to measure temperature
someone thinks they're a special cornflake...
>>
>>7205342

I'm glad someone enjoyed it, I enjoyed writing it and thinking about it.

>>7205376

You'd probably have to dig through a few inch layer of soot to get to the real meat if you landed on said planet to get some ham for your space ship, so sorta.

>>7205910

>implying I'm not a chemist for a living
>implying I am going to measure the temperature of deep space using Fahrenheit
>implying the point of my post wasn't fun

Why do you hate fun, friend?
>>
>>7205910
>not using Kelvin

>>7206453
I'm not even into science, and I've always felt the Kelvin scale makes the most sense.

>coldest possible temp is zero, go up from there
VERSUS
>zero is somewhere at the halfway mark, coldest possibly temp is something around negative 300 (I'm graciously rounding, no need to correct my number)
>>
>>7205910
>special cornflake

You my friend made me laugh heartily.
Well done.
>>
what if the milkey way were actually made of milk
>>
>>7205097
You know Rover found traces of ham on Mars?
>>
>>7207350
Rover the dog?
Mars the bar?
Would ham even work in a mars bar?
>>
I heard moon is cheese
>>
>>7207348
It's not?
The moon is really cheese though right?
>>
>>7205097
C-can it have giblet gravy oceans and springs of honey & maple glaze?
>>
File: Harpoons-3247432629_492c5d1b9e.jpg (91 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
Harpoons-3247432629_492c5d1b9e.jpg
91 KB, 500x403
>>7205097
Fuck off cunt!
MAN THE HARPOONS M8s!
>>
>>7205097
ham planet aka Neo Palestine
>>
Fat """""""" people"""""""" are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7210076
What about short fat people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA
>>
>>7205097
This is what happens to a planet out of meat:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/4/
>>
>>7205230
Nice.

>>7205910
Go back to /b/ if you want to be an edgelord.
>>
Hello /tg/ I didn't expect you here.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.