[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image1 (1).jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image1 (1).jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I told my mom I could season her new cast iron pan for her because I've spent months watching you guys meme about it on here.

It came out looking like this. Wtf did I do wrong it's all splotchy and still rough?

Moms gonna freak how do I fix this?
>>
>>7204061
it's fine u cuck
>>
>>7204067
why is it all cloudy and splotchy in places then. .

and should I give it another hour in the oven?
>>
>>7204084
That means that the iron has oxidized and your skilet is in danger. Try washing it with some soap and water to remove the polymerized layer of oxidized iron. If that does not work take it to a nearby vet. They might have to put your skillet down. Sorry anon.
>>
>>7204095
oxidized means rusted right?

How could it be rusted we got it today
>>
you're fukt
your mom hates you forever now m8
>>
>>7204095
kek
>>
>>7204061
>not seasoning with lard and swine tears
enjoy your no nogainz, faggot.
>>
>>7204095

>water
>cast iron

Yea...no.

It's fine OP. Put some oil and salt on a papertowel and rub the inside if the pan until the marks go away. The splotches are sodium. Harmless.
>>
>>7204061
you used too much oil. wash off what seasoning you can with hot water and a stiff bristled brush (no soap), and start over.
>>
>>7204095

lel
>>
>>7204084
The seasoning is uneven. Season 2 or 3 more times and just use the motherfucker.
>>
>>7204095
>polymerized layer of oxidized iron

This nigger sounds like he knows his shit.
>>
>>7204061
I'd rub over with kosher salt & an abrasive, then redo the process. Which seasoning mehtod / oil did you use?
>>
>>7204207
This, OP. This.
>>
Search your computer for all files named "system32", select all files by this name and simply delete them from Windows. WARNING, DOING THIS COMPLETELY CLEARS YOUR PAN. You'll have to re-season it afterward.
>>
>>7204205
>swine tears
Why should OP make his mom cry?
>>
>>7204061
Why are you seasoning a pre seasoned pan?
>>
File: british dude wearing a hat.jpg (24 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
british dude wearing a hat.jpg
24 KB, 311x311
>>7204535
what the fuck did you just say?
>>
>>7204542

the seasoning is a layer of polyermized food oil. most new cast iron pans come with that already being done at the factory. you've now added more layers of polyermized oil on top of what was there, which is why it's uneven. if cast iron is unseasoned it will look like bare grey metal.

get a big handful of kosher salt and a damp sponge and scrub the shit out of the pan until it looks more even.

You also probably used too thick a coat of oil, you basically need to put a few drops in and rub that all around with a paper towel no more than that.

Anyway its fine it's fucking cast iron after all
>>
Fuck seasoning. Just fill that shit with oil and use it for deep frying for a while. It'll sort itself out.
>>
k i used it to fry shit and it was super sticky what do i do
>>
>>7204207

Whenever I use paper towel on these things it ends up flaking little paper towel fluffs all over it
>>
Relax, your pan is ok, I use ona almost every day and it looks just like that ...

Byw, you must be new here
>>
>>7204852

So?

Can be baked off, paper won't hurt nor kill you if you consume it.
>>
>>7204834

FUCKING SCRUB IT OUT WITH SALT UNTIL ITS SMOOTH YOU ASS BASS
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.