[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides their very expensive meat, what do you like to buy at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: 2000px-Costco_Wholesale.svg[1].png (111 KB, 2000x716) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Costco_Wholesale.svg[1].png
111 KB, 2000x716
Besides their very expensive meat, what do you like to buy at Costco? I'm talking like the cool packaged foods they have and shit like that
>>
>>7202051
I've heard good things about Costco's alcohol offerings, but the only things I've ever bought there (family member has a membership) have been big sacks of flour for baking bread, and spinach. Otherwise their prices/offerings seem to be pretty much the same as what I can find at other grocery stores.
>>
File: SNV35721.jpg (85 KB, 397x400) Image search: [Google]
SNV35721.jpg
85 KB, 397x400
Pretty much only these. I got a freezer full of them. Then I buy canned diced tomatoes to make a sauce with and I'm set.
>>
>expensive meat
What kind of meat faggot, because that's the cheapest place to buy chicken thighs.
Jesus christ my dick aches just thinking about those thighs and the money they save me.
>>
>>7202145
what can you make with chicken thighs
>>
I'm in Canada so what they have to offer is probably a little different, but just the other day I picked up some perogies I'd gotten once before (cause they show up as a daily thing every few months or so) that my mother absolutely loved.

The chicken's good, but the ground beef I picked up for the first and last time was really pink on top but grey in the middle, like they were covering it up.

>expensive meat
It's not that it's expensive per lb/kg, it's just that they make you buy a 25$ package minimum.
>>
>>7202099

Those things are shit. Half of them always explode on you when cooking and then you have a mouth full of water and subpar pasta.
>>
>>7202180
Yeah they rip open a lot, but I eventually learned if you turn the water down super low it greatly increases the chances they don't break open. Usually I get it down to 1 in 20 breaks now.
>>
>>7202158

chicken tika massala
>>
croissants and calzones and tortilla chips
>>
>>7202186
Also don't let them get stuck on the bottom of the pot when you first put them in. That's what tears holes in them most often.
>>
>>7202051
Their meat prices by weight beat every other store around me except Walmart, which has shit quality.

I like Costco milk. I buy flats of Gatorade to keep around for hangovers. I always have a bag of the Mission Tortilla Strips.Kirkland Mandarin Oranges in the single serve tubs.
Other than that I just grab whatever looks good, since if it isn't Kirkland, the inventory rotates.
>>
frozen berries
frozen mango
frozen veg

like three 5 dollar chickens
>>
>>7202221
what do you use the berries for?

smoothies?
>>
>>7202224
Yes.
>>
Berries
Frozen mixed berries bags
Chicken stockk
>>
>>7202242
what is the diff between stock and broth
>>
>>7202251
Stock is made with bones and generally clear , broth is made with meat and can be cloudy/opaque etc.
>>
jerky, fresh/dried fruits/veges, nuts, protein powder/muscle milk, potstickers, milk, juice, pizza, fish, bread, coconut water... lotsa stuff
>>
>>7202265
>pizza
>eating costcos meme pizza
>>
>>7202271
the deep dish pizza. also their chicken alfredo is pretty good
>>
>>7202282
but its so fucking expensive, its like $15 for a container
>>
>>7202284
so good. they give you a lot too.
>>
I'm lazy, so I like to get their prepackaged turkey burgers. They are leaner than the prepackaged ones at trader joes and I think cheaper as well.
>>
File: INBOWL.jpg (106 KB, 625x535) Image search: [Google]
INBOWL.jpg
106 KB, 625x535
Their frozen vegetables are kind of amazing. They're less than half the price of fresh, and they're ready in an instant.

Besides that, the coffee beans are usually a good deal. Bread. Cheese, especially cheese.

As for premade foods I regularly buy sausage rolls, chicken "flings" (basically spicy tendies), pot roasts, various stuffed pastas, quiches.

They also got this great egg nog recently, by Bolthouse.
>>
frozen fruit. there is this one mixed bag i always get that has pineapple, strawberries, papaya and mango.

also there is this frozen quinoa and kale that's really good. i always get my fresh brussel sprouts from costco as well.
>>
>>7202289
the brown rice & quinoa packets are really good. i love to top it with diced avocados & perhaps an egg and enjoy it just like that
>>
>>7202051
Booze
Their vodka is pretty similar to grey goose
>>
>hot dog and drink, 1.50
>churro 1.00
>vanilla huge frozen yogurt cup, 1.35

>use churro to eat yogurt to get cinnamon in it as well
>once it gets halfway done, make pepsi float
>>
>>7202628
yes!!
>>
>>7202628
>use churro to eat yogurt to get cinnamon in it as well
>once it gets halfway done, make pepsi float
diabetes
>>
>>7202640
its okayfam im a 130 pound "male"
>>
>Besides their very expensive meat

I mean, there's no such thing as cheap meat where I live, but costco meat is by far the least expensive/lb.
>>
I recently scored big time at Costco. they mislabeled beef filets as pork loin add I got 8lb of filet for $16

other than that, their pesto is pretty fucking decent
>>
Kirkland light. Best beer.
>>
>>7202738
i feel like their pesto is way too salty. i wish there was a way to dilute/remove the saltiness
>>
>>7202748
>i wish there was a way to dilute/remove the saltiness
send in constructive criticism that it's too salty, see what happens. they might end up making it less salty. don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
File: 3190b.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3190b.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
Meat may be on the expensive side but it's quality stuff.

Anyway, I like the beef jerky.
>>
Their cheese is pretty good and really cheap. But you don't get a lot of selection. They have this really good organic strawberry preserves. Their medicines are cheap as well.
>>
Kirkland
All products
Everyday
>>
File: -1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
>>7202990
they make pretty much the only good jarred pasta sauce.
>>
>>7202738
>8lb of filet for $16

Sweet jumping Jesus and tap dancing mary. Merry fucking christmas to you.
>>
My job is looking at getting me a Costco membership. If I can use that shit for personal shopping it's gonna be a great year for 2016.
>>
>>7203058
Wow, you can't spend the $55 on your own? Lmfao.
>>
File: 1419746912568.jpg (33 KB, 497x574) Image search: [Google]
1419746912568.jpg
33 KB, 497x574
>>7203064
>>
File: 81Y+y9vGyuL._SL1500_.jpg (249 KB, 1294x1500) Image search: [Google]
81Y+y9vGyuL._SL1500_.jpg
249 KB, 1294x1500
>>
>>7202196

Those croissants are fucking awesome.

Fry and egg and some bacon, slide those little shits in between and you have the best sandwich ever.
>>
>>7202196
>>7203120
I really want to buy a lot of the baked goods Costco sells (especially croissants and muffins) but we don't have the space to keep them in the freezer before they go bad

I just got a vacuum sealer that I need to use. How can I do those baked goods where I can keep them out on the counter without risking them going stale or moldy? Is that possible to do?
>>
costco is good for low carb

sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, pork sirloin, chicken, regular cheese, frozen veggies... always a good price much cheaper than local stores. plus can buy in bulk and cook in bulk.
>>
Costco prices on diamonds are very good.

I also get eggs at the same time.
>>
>>7203168
>at the same time

You regularly buy shiny rocks there?
>>
>>7203171
I usually get one or two when I run out of eggs.
>>
>>7203180
Why
>>
>>7203184
Who goes to Costco for just eggs?
>>
>>7202051
Poutine, eggs, fresh mozza, frozen berries, dried figs, dried mangos, dried dates, pesto
>>
My dad used to buy steaks there because, by weight, it was a great deal. Only problem was that I'm like the only person who takes the initiative to cook, so I ended up eating steak for every meal for days to avoid having the stuff go bad uneaten. I miss that shit, now all I eat is chicken and broccoli stirfry.
>>
I mostly get things like TP and laundry detergent. For food I don't get more than eggs, bacon, and snacks.
>>
>>7202051

They have these decent egg white quiches and greek yogurt & artichoke spinach dips. They're too decadent to buy every Costco run so I usually default to buying Fage greek yogurt in bulk along with the occasional rotisserie chicken.
>>
>>7202051
holyfuck what dont i buy at costco.

As a collegefag its great.

Cleaning supplies
sponges/soap
Kleenexes
toilet paper
Wet wipes
Pants
Jackets
Sweaters
Flannels
sandwich meat
chicken tenders
chicken breasts
beer
sausages
raviolis
bagels
cereal
milk
orange juice
crackers
Broccoli
Bell peppers
Apples
Bananas
windshield wiper blades
>>
File: 1440635861959.jpg (45 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
1440635861959.jpg
45 KB, 851x315
>>7202738
>EIGHT POUNDS OF FILLET FOR THE PRICE I PAY FOR 1
>>
>>7202744
It tastes cloyingly sweet when paired with almost any food. It's a good fishing beer though.
>>
>>7203134
Your vacuum sealer is the best bet. Just stop it before it crushes the bread. Costco also sells a Danby Chest Freezer for 150 that has been great in my home, if you have space for it.
>>
>>7203576
can you store the baked goods on the counter you think? or would they have to be in the freezer
>>
poppy occk
dark chocolate coivered almonds
dried fruit
big bags of chips

man
>>
>>7202051
frozen pre-cooked bacon
velveeta shells and cheese
Giant salami stick
blocks of cheese
buy 1 get 1 free large loaves of bread
sandwich meats
canned veggies
hot wings
>>
They got these caramelized onion chicken patties that are damn amazing. Their stuffed bell peppers are great as well
>>
>>7202744
My nigga. Their craft brews are good, so is their crown royal
>>
>>7203600
i enjoy these, do you?
>>
Their ground beef is great. Like, the regular stuff is good, but you can get organic ground for $5/lb which is cheaper than non-organic at some grocery stores in my area, and it tastes amazing.
>>
The Costco near me is not any cheaper than the local grocery. I compared prices befor our last trip and everything was more expensive at Costco.
>>
>>7202051
Gasoline and cat food
>>
File: 1374074431820.jpg (32 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1374074431820.jpg
32 KB, 425x282
>>7202051
>going to costco for anything other than free samples and booze
>>
Frozen French onion soup
These ravioli >>7202099
but they always break open so you have to be careful.
Coconut coffee because my stomach can't handle regular coffee
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.