[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I marinate my steak, and if so, how? pic related, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: RIBEYE_SOLO with CAB Logo.jpg (477 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
RIBEYE_SOLO with CAB Logo.jpg
477 KB, 1200x975
Should I marinate my steak, and if so, how?

pic related, it's a ribeye angus
>>
>>7201977

Nah
>>
>>7201977
S&P only
>>
just rub it with a bit of pepper + a tiny bit of olive oil
>>
>>7201977
Fuck the other fags. Rub in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin, then leave it to sit for a few hours.

When the steak is cooked and resting, deglaze the pan with brandy, then add cream and sliced mushrooms. Pour the resulting sauce over the steak.
>>
>>7202123

That sounds like a wonderful milk steak recipe.
>>
>>7201977
waterlogged steak? ew no
i like to dry-brine overnight and dry it in the fridge same day for dinner

>garlic, rosemary, thyme & a dash of soy or worchester sauce is nice sometimes
>>
Cover it in salt and let it sit for an hour
Wash it off in the sink
Only seasoning you want on it now is pepper
The salt cover will draw out unnecessary moisture
If you cook it correctly it will be tender as fuck and still moist, the kind of moist you want
>>
50 soy sauce, 50 Worcestershire, garlic, teaspoon of lemon juice, fresh ground pepper to taste.
>>
I ribeyed ur mums angus
>>
>>7201977
Salt and pepper. If you add anything else you've ruined it.
>>
>>7203179
This sounds very similar to a recipe my family used to do, except there was papaya for whatever reason. Wed just blend it all and keep it in a jar for steaks.
>>
>>7203232
Papaya is delicious, you can also sub pineapple/pineapple juice for the lemon but I find that it tenderizes it too much.
>>
>>7203227
https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2013/09/27/what-it-about-autism-and-food

>For instance, many children and adults on the spectrum are extremely sensitive to not just flavor, but also the color, smell and texture of foods. Many also have strong preferences for a narrow selection of foods.

>Coping strategies
If I made a steak with more seasonings and a sauce, would you at least smell it?
>>
File: 1449502409015.jpg (138 KB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
1449502409015.jpg
138 KB, 1067x600
>>7203234
if your meat is great, whether it be beef, poultry, lamb etc, it shouldn't need anything to cover it up unless the recipe calls for such ingredients. I'll smell your steak, but your preference is still subjective just as mine is.
>>
>>7202123

Could I have sex with your steak please.
>>
No OP. If you have a good quality steak, the only thing you should put on it is a light coating of olive oil, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Olive oil first so that the salt and pepper stick to it

No garlic powder, or lemon pepper, or any shit like that.
>>
>>7203234
So you think that not covering up a good steak with a whole bunch of random shit makes you autistic? I guess every top chef in the world is autistic then huh?

Tell you what, OP. Use this guy's advice. Marinate your steak in A1 steak sauce.
>>
>>7202123
This, OP. If you're not a milk steak kind of guy, just deglaze with brandy and add mushrooms and onions. Good shit.
>>
>>7203499
1: Maybe I don't have great meat all the time, Rockafeller

2: Maybe additional flavors are there to compliment/enhance the overall palate of the dish, rather than to cover it up

3: If a recipe is from the western tradition, it is likely not a recipe to cover up the flavors of rotting meat like the rest of the world
>>
>>7203499
>>7203987
>using more than salt and pepper is "covering up" your steak
>there's no middle ground between salt and pepper, and every spice/sauce you have in your kitchen

>every top chef in the world is autistic then huh?
yeah probably
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.