[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ Jew on Christmas Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: DSCN0169.jpg (152 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0169.jpg
152 KB, 800x600
What are you eating/doing today, Jews? I'm thinking about getting some Chinese food later. It's not like I'm out of food at home, but I feel like I should for tradition's sake.

What's your favorite Chinese food meal to eat on Christmas? I'm looking for suggestions because I'm willing to try something new (I usually get lo mien or shrimp with lobster sauce)
>>
Also need help, my family decides to go to a chinese restaurant tonight and I dont like fucking chinese at all. But i need to eat. So whats good?
>>
>>7201263
What kind of food do you normally like? I can try to base a suggestion from that.
>>
>Pagan ex-soldier here

Was always too tired from duty to cook,which formed my little families tradition of having thai or chinese food. For me christmas is savory japanese dishes and milk tea or some searing hot pumpkin curry and thai coffee
>>
>>7201258
>>7201263
half chinko here. I fucking hate going for shitty chinese food on christmas because its done so terribly and I have chinese shit all the time anyways

here's some "white people safe" suggestions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_chow_fun
https://janetching.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/yin-yang-fried-rice/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangzhou_fried_rice
>>
>>7201354
I actually like real Chinese food too, along with some of the americanized dishes. The only ethnic cuisines I can't stand are Korean and Italian, and that's because I have a garlic allergy.

What else ya got for suggestions, my half-asian buddy?
>>
>>7201265
I like french, italian and mexican most of all. I just really hate the idea of having my meat drowned in shitty sauce to mask te terrible meat quality. What are some plain chinese dishes? Do they also fuck their fish up with sause?
>>
>>7201382
You could just get a simply stir-fry chicken and broccoli. It's usually a soy-sauce base for the meat and veggies, so you won't be in for a super thick sauce. Teriyaki chicken or beef on a skewer is one of my favorites too. Again, not a super thick, heavy sauce.

One of my go-to take out meals is beef on a stick, a few spring rolls, and some egg drop soup. It's just appetizers but together makes a nice meal (lasts for more than one meal too).
>>
>>7201382
But Chinese cuisine uses a lot of garlic sauce.
>>
>>7201258
skipped on ordering and just made some flied lice out of the vegetables i had on hand, some surimi and leftover rice. radishes and the leaves, broccoli, carrot, onion, an egg, rice, some lemongrass paste, lemon zest, soy and a dash of hot sauce
>>
>>7201258
I'm busy with my new Xbone so I just microwaved some chili and eggbeaters and inhaled it.
>>
>tfw can't find good Chinese restaurant in my city

life is suffering
>>
>>7201391
So I don't order anything labeled "garlic chicken" or "with garlic sauce."

When garlic is used as a mild seasoning in sauces at restaurants that aren't upscale, it's always garlic powder (which I am not allergic to). There's an enzyme in garlic itself I can no longer digest, but that enzyme is destroyed in the process of dehydration.
>>
I'm not Jewish, but I was going to go to the Kung Pao Comedy Festival over in San Francisco today, but all sold out. It's a shame, too, I heard it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>7201258
Going to go see Krampus today. After that I'll probably going to go grab Korean after that since its close by and I'm hankering for something fermented and they give you a fuck load of kimchi to go with your meal.
>>
>>7201258
Dinner with my grandpa at a hotel restaurant. Took some effort to find non-asian food. He fought in the pacific theater in WWII and doesn't like reminders. We drove about 6 hours to CT to see him and its warm as hell and we are near the beach. Pretty comfy feels all around, I just wish more places were open obviously. Shabbat Shalom!
>>
>>7201536
Hi temporary neighbor - I'm in north-central CT.

>He fought in the pacific theater in WWII and doesn't like reminders.

Why did I find this so funny? Anyway, is your gramps a ham radio operator? Military + retired in CT usually = ham.
>>
>>7201559
No, he keeps kosher.
>>
File: phhht.png (295 KB, 782x720) Image search: [Google]
phhht.png
295 KB, 782x720
>>7201606
>>
>>7201375
sorry for the long reply time.

for me a stereotypical chinese meal for a decent occasion starts with soup, then some kind of gai-lan dish (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai-lan)
, maybe some roasted duck, lobster/crab and a few stir fry dishes.

I'm not really good at translating the dish names into english and I can't read/write for shit.
>>
>>7201760
It's cool. I called my Mom and sister and took inspiration from them. My order of beef teriyaki and hot and sour soup will be ready in 6 minutes.

I'm excited to go and see how busy it is when I pick up my order. I live in an area with a lot of Jewish people.
>>
Movie theaters were packed thanks to Star Wars and apparently some post on plebbit made everyone and their mother crave Chinese food today.
So we're doing dim sum tomorrow morning instead.
>>
dim sum or sichuanese style dishes are my favorite. white people safe dishes i like hunan chicken, hot and sour soup, crab rangoons.
>>
>>7201258
I usually like to goto Jaingsu style chinese places if i can find them. Better than all those pleb cantonese and sichuan stuff; mild and refined without the blandness of Japanese food.
>>
>>7201312
>gentile current soldier

Propbably going to get some Japanese curry tonight, probably with Asari clams and 10/10 spiciness.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.