[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flavorful fried chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0203b1.jpg (75 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0203b1.jpg
75 KB, 500x333
How does /ck/ fry their chicken?
>>
In lard.
>>
>>7200712
With a fryer
>>
>>7200712
Pan fried in Vegetable oil.
I bought a deep fryer solely to fry chicken, but Fuck it up every time.
Pan fried is the way to go for me
>>
>>7200712
dutchoven filled with peanut oil
>>
marinate chicken in butter milk

cover with egg wash and Japanese bread crumbs

pan fry with canola oil + butter
>>
>>7200735
Won't the butter burn, though?
It is my life mission to perfect fried chicken, and am open to all suggestions
>>
>>7200712
brine
pan full of boiling peanut/canola
dredge in flour after drying
maybe a seasoned layer if I'm trying to get fancy

>>7200737
when you mix oils, they tend to take on the properties of each other
the butter has a higher smoke point when mixed with canola
from my experience that is
>>
Pan fried with oil or crisco.

I've fucked around with pan fried chicken for many years and learned the following:

Expect the oil to only last long enough to fry what you can initially fit in the pan. If you wanna fry more, then get ready to add more oil.

Don't activate the flour's gluten. It can result in crispiness, sure, but the end result is just strange.

Just my experiences in experimenting so far.
>>
>>7200737

adding the oil (especially a neutral one with a high smoke point) stops the butter from burning

if you haven't, I would definitely suggest marinating in butter milk - it makes the chicken so delicious and juicy :x
>>
>>7200735
>Using panko for fried chicken

You fucked up. Panko goes on nuggets if you're going to use it at all.
>>
>>7200751
thats a nice opinion i guess
>>
I brine first, salt, sugar, garlic, onion, rosemary, cheap hot sauce, for roughly 6 hours.

Then drain and let thoroughly dry. I usually put the pieces on paper towels and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours.

Then I marinate in buttermilk for another 6 hours or so, or overnight.

Then remove the chicken from the buttermilk, beat 2 eggs in the buttermilk, then put the chicken back in.

Season some flour to your liking. I like a little celery seed in mine, in addition to all the standard shit. Also house of autry chicken breader is acceptable.

Then deep fry. I crank my oil to 365 to start. Don't over crowd because the chicken is going to bring your oil temp down to far if there are too many pieces. Try to maintain 350 deg for the rest of the cooking time. About 7-10 mins.

Also get small chicken pieces. A huge chicken breast will never fry right. Where I am I have to buy whole chickens and cut them up my self. I never see them pre cut with breasts small enough to fry effectively.
>>
>>7200712
Walmart pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

>clean the sink
>get knife and scissors
>start cutting off all those asshole pieces that are gross
>throw that stuff away
>cut remaining good chicken into whatever size
>rinse off chicken
>pat dry between paper towels on top of a large piece of aluminum foil so salmonella doesn't go through the paper and kill me or my counter
>coat chicken chunks with a "chicken fry" seasoning I buy from Albertsons
>dip them in a scrambled egg
>another coat of chicken fry powder shit
>place them on a baking tray lined with foil
>fridge them for 45 minutes
>have oil heated up on shallow skillet
>fry
>turn with tongs
>remove onto paper towel lined thing to soak up excess oil

I like peanut oil but it's fucking expensive.
>>
File: 1448033947818.jpg (105 KB, 532x540) Image search: [Google]
1448033947818.jpg
105 KB, 532x540
>>7200712

>Flavorful

That's not a word you huge faggot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.