[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ battlestation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: table.jpg (51 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
51 KB, 600x399
I've been cooking since I moved to college and now my food is starting to become non shitty. But for the next year I want to improve on how I eat since I spend 8 hours cooking some days to swallow everything in 5 minutes browsing /wsg/ or youtube.
I have a small square table that seems perfect for my meals (I eat alone 99.9% of the time). I'll put it facing a wall so I can focus on the food and eat a little slower.

Any recommendation? What to get for decorating? White towel? A lampshade as centerpiece? Flowers?

Also post your battlestation. Not posting mine because it's computer desk today.
>>
usually the dashboard of a truck. my lap with the seat reclined. On nice days the trunk bed or hood...
>>
what in the fuck are you doing where you cook for 8 hours?

how autistic do you have to be to assume that people have "battlestations" for eating?
>>
>>7199996

My first and only attempt at cinammon rolls.

So all people living alone today eat in front of the pc? At home we always set a table before eating, I thought the norm was keep doing it even if you don't have anyone to talk while eating.
>>
you don't have to 'set a table' to not eat in front of your pc holy shit dude what the fuck is wrong with you

why don't you solve this whole 'eating alone' problem before you start worrying about decorating your solitary existence like you're locked inside a submarine or some shit
>>
>>7199996
These were the exact thoughts that went through my mind when I read this thread.

I can't think of anything I would be making at home that would require me to stand around cooking it the entire time for 8 hours.

As for my "battlestation" for eating, it's called a fucking table.
>>
>>7200016
dude you can do whatever you want. i usually listen to a podcast or watch a youtube video or something while i eat. i can guarantee you that no one on this planet other than autistic weirdos sit down and eat in silence by themselves while staring at a wall.

jesus fuck dude, i'm fucking mad at how dense you are.
>>
>>7200038
I do..I was always taught eating while watching tv was bad as you are not focusing on eating/ enjoying a meal..and you will get hungry again later...Plus I'm not sick in the head enough to constantly need stimuli for the 20-30 minutes I eat
>>
>>7200064
>not focus on eating
>get hungry again later

that is momscience of the highest order.

if you want to sit at a set table for purely aesthetic purposes, then go for it. eating is usually such a social thing for me that i fill in the gaps with music, podcasts and news whenever i have to eat by myself. people have been eating in front of screens for decades, anon. people have been eating in front of entertainment for centuries. stop acting like this is some new blight on society.
>>
>>7200075
more like Harvard science
>>
Had reflux problem for one or two months and I suspect it was due to eating too fast.
I swear I thought it was normal setting a table for one instead of eating in front of the pc, sorry if I'm not an edgy boy who doesn't eat at table.

Also why everyone here is hooked on the mentality that you must socialize all the fucking time? You can't even mention 'alone' and everyone already assumes you are miserable, sad, depressed and need to fix or your life. I enjoy very much the time I spend alone.
>>
>>7200088
Im pretty sure it is normal to set a table for one.
>>
>>7200079
The basement level Harvard retard research.
>>
>>7200096
So provide proof that eating in front of a distraction does not lead to weight gain...
>>
>>7200075
>for purely aesthetic purposes

You got it and to focus on eating.

I don't find eating while listening or watching some shit a good idea, you miss a lot of information and I not living like a robot to need to fill every minute with knowledge or entertainment.
>>
>>7200088
i eat at a table too, you fuckwit. i just happen to own a smartphone and a laptop.

nobody gives a shit that you like to be alone. your life isn't into the wild. you aren't unique for enjoying your solitude. we all like being alone every now and again.

and nobody here said you were miserable or sad. but i can take a stab at your current state of mental health by how hard you're projecting right now.
>>
>>7200099
Plus aside from the fact that its widely known that you eat more while distracted in from of a tv/comp but you also eat more later in the day.
>>
>>7200104
Nobody is projecting but you though...
>>
>>7200107
what the fuck dude, do you have zero self control? are you some mindless consumer?

>>7200103
>miss a lot of information

how short is your attention span? you can't fucking chew food and listen to someone speak at the same time? man, you must be a blast at family gatherings. surely you just sit in silence when you go out to eat with friends or colleagues.

>>7200113
you literally pulled perceived criticism out of thin air. sorry you're so depressed, bud.
>>
>people find setting a table alien concept and react with violence to such thing

Guess the nationality of the vast majority of posters.
>>
>>7200116
Alright well spotted the shut-in..enjoying suffocating yourself in tendies and tv. You literally are the only one insulting people calling them depressed and whatnot...CLEARLY you are offended.
>>
>>7200116

Whats the point of investing any second of your life to improve your cooking skills if in the end of the day you just swallow everything while you are too busy watching youtube?
>>
>>7200116
You're dealing the smack down and I'm part of the cheering audience.
>>
>>7200124
oh man, look at this fellow with the refined palate. he has to eat with a blindfold and earmuffs lest his senses become too overwhelmed to notice the subtleties of flavors in his mediocre dishes.

you fucking moron.

>>7200121
keep on projecting, anon. the only thing offensive to me itt is how incredibly stupid you are.

i already said like 8 posts ago that i'm fucking mad. mad at a /v/-tier thread popping up on a board that's usually quite informative.

>post your battlestation

give me a fucking break
>>
Do you honestly call it a battle station though? Like really...
>>
>>7200133
soo edgy also im not op
>>
>>7200142
i don't give a shit. you echo his sentiments.
>>
>>7200133

You are replying to two different persons.

>usually informative board
Pshh. 8 fast food thread, 8 cooking vlogglers threads any time of the day.
>>
>>7200149
>fast food
>vloggers

fair enough.

i don't consider it as replying to separate people as much as replying to separate dumb posts.

there just seems to be a mentality regarding a lot of hobbies that you must take a luddite approach to them to fully appreciate them. no, you aren't actually your favorite somber anime character. you aren't automatically monk-status for pretending to meditate over your daily breakfast.
>>
>>7200149
Soooo what you are saying is eating in solitude is stupid because you don't do it?
>>
>>7200171
no, i'm saying it's stupid because it's stupid and i hate you.
>>
>>7200171

Anon wants to pull off the 'popular guy with a lot of instagram followers' persona on us because he simply can't put down is phone for 5 minutes a day and must consume digital media every second of his life.
>>
>>7200183
Why do you hate me?
>>
>>7200187
i don't fucks with instagram. i just don't delude myself into thinking that sitting in silence while eating is gastroenterologically beneficial.

>>7200188
i don't.
>>
this is pretty dumb but i can see where you're coming from OP

dinner tables exist so multiple people can eat together at them, if anything i would say i eat slower and am more focused on my meal now that i am living alone (and eating in front of my pc)
if you have space to spare use it for your kitchen instead

smoking a bowl before eating a nice meal is great though, you pay way more attention to the flavor and texture of what you're eating
>>
File: 1446118567804-0-pol.jpg (48 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1446118567804-0-pol.jpg
48 KB, 300x295
>>7200038
Yes goyim, fuck tradition. Do anything you want, what could go wrong?
>>
>>7200200
To be fair to op & his fucked up way of saying it: if I'm going to buy nice food and spend the time preparing/cooking it I'll usually sit at the table and enjoy it with (what I think is) a well-paired wine and a glass of cool water. If I'm feeling lazy I'll make something lazy and plop down in front of the comp/tv and forget that meal.

Same for the wine, too. The stuff I really enjoy I'm sitting down and sipping it, perhaps with others, perhaps not. But, no matter what I'm drinking, if I distract myself too much it just goes down, I get my buzz and it was just another unremarkable night.

Sometimes it's nice to disconnect and focus on absolutely nothing outside your immediate environment. It's cathartic. Like stargazing with a friend and a few beers or sitting on the porch on a cool summer morning before the day heats up with a coffee in hand.
>>
>>7200088

the 99.9% of your time, in which you are alone?

sure dude.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.