[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've got the family coming over today for Christmas lunch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: spread.jpg (61 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
spread.jpg
61 KB, 600x400
So I've got the family coming over today for Christmas lunch. Parents, sisters, brother, niece, two uncles, and possibly grandparents from my father's side.

This is my first time cooking for such a large group. What should I make?
>>
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm leaving for the store now. I can't wait any longer. Guess I'll just buy whatever I find and hope it turns out.
>>
taters
>>
>>7199033
Your family is gonna be disappoint
>>
Fucking hell. Even the Indian stores are closed. I got some canned foods from the service station, but no way is that good enough.

I called everyone and told them I'm really sick and can't host anything. They're all going to my uncle's house instead, but mum's going to stop by to see how I'm doing. I don't know if I can fake it, but couldn't talk her out of it. What can I eat to make myself really sick for a day without causing any long term harm? I've only got a couple of hours.
>>
>>7199205

This is one of the saddest posts I've read on this board. Good God man...
>>
A huge pot of coffee! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtOd4grymE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>7199033
KFC bargain bucket you useless kunt
>>
>>7199272
It's only sad if you believe it.
OP is just sad and alone, that is all.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with some people.
>>
I've been steadily eating a butter and a large block of cheap chocolate I have. It's gross and I already feel queasy. Before I answer the door I'm going to drink a litre of water and bicarbonate of soda in one gulp. Hopefully I'll at least look nauseous.

I thought about alcohol, but don't think it would go down well if she noticed I was drunk rather than sick.

>>7199272
I know, I fucked up. I guess I got so nervous that I didn't want to think about it until the last minute. Fucking stupid.
>>
>>7199033
Why would you offer to make food for your family and then not go out and buy stuff to make? Why are you relying on 4chan for ideas? What is wrong with you?
>>
I've been doing some reading, and have worked a dilution of bleach which is probably safe enough while still making me sick. Mum just texted me saying she and dad are nearly here, so I'm going to try it. The butter and chocolate isn't working well enough.

>>7199358
I wanted to prove I'm an adult. They all think I'm this feckless and incapable layabout. My sisters and brother all have these successful careers, two of them are married, my sister with her daughter, while I've got pretty much nothing.

Obviously I intended on planning it better. Things just got out of hand.
>>
>>7199388
This post has confirmed my suspicions as this being a troll thread.

GG OP. You had us going for a while.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.