[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mexican Street Food And Antojitos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: 2015-12-24 12.29.50.jpg (487 KB, 1463x2596) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24 12.29.50.jpg
487 KB, 1463x2596
I ll start with tacos callejeros in front of pemex in Mexico DF
>>
Corn in the Cup with different hot pepper flavors and fresh cheese at Tuxpam beach
>>
File: 2015-12-24 16.12.22.jpg (455 KB, 2081x1170) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24 16.12.22.jpg
455 KB, 2081x1170
sorry forgot pic :)
>>
Bueno
>>
i thought the light was the man's hat for a second and i didn't understand why it was illuminated.
>>
I love how all the horse flies are shopped out of street food pictures.
Picture this for accuracy:
You're in Mexico surrounded by 3rd world poverty. Its hot, humid, and dusty, and a foul stench hangs in the air. A sweaty, unwashed street food vendor who probably cant read or write, and knows nothing of food safety, is standing in the sun on a dirty street littered with garbage. Food of unknown age smolders before you, from hours or days previous, they certainly don't discard it every 10 minutes like McDonald's. The shit at the bottom has been there for weeks to months, how the fuck would you know? Insects swarm around every time the wind drops below a certain threshold. Remember the dog shit and garbage you just saw 10 feet behind you? Yeah, the flies in your sour cream were just there about 3 seconds ago.
Enjoy your authentic taco, you street food aficionados.
>>
>>7200151
ha I thought it was a cowboy hat too
>>
>>7200190
I think that's a bit exaggerated
>>
File: Horsepest.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
Horsepest.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1071
>>7200291
I guess its cool if you're hipster enough to "live on the wild side".
Are you a "wild child"?
Tell me about your tattoos. And your favorite street food vendor.
>>
>>7200325
I've actually never went to one before
I've gone to a couple trucks but that's it
>>
>>7200331
That sounds like you tried heroin once or twice, but then you just stopped
>>
>>7200291
I've never been into the heart of Mexico, which I hear is very beautiful, but I've been to several border towns. Those places are absolute trash. Even as a 14-year-old, lower class American I was taken aback by the crudeness of it all the first time I went. The filth, the stench, the destitution... And that's what the US is importing.
>>
>>7200291

Nope.

Anon forgot about the fecal dust, though.

All those wild dogs, donkeys, horses, and hobos shitting in the streets? A lot of that shit dries out, gets trampled, and picked up in the air and distributed throughout the cities in a fecal dust cloud. This fecal dust cloud lands on anything in the street, be it your car, scooter, or street vendor taco.

Enjoy your E Coli enchilada.
>>
>>7198972

please just call it mexico city: you don't get any extra cred by knowing what subhuman scum call their own shithole of a capital
>>
>>7198972
Pardon me while I blow this thread out of the water
>you haven't lived until you've been to the taco stands next to the fish market in Ensenada
>>
>>7200617
Choro sauce
>>
>>7200577
there is no wind in mexico city. as the other replies, way too exagerated your comment out of jealousy, which is undestandable.
>>
File: 2015-12-25 12.04.44.jpg (392 KB, 1526x2715) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 12.04.44.jpg
392 KB, 1526x2715
this zucchini flower quesadillas are some of the best food I ever had right in a small town in the mountains of veracruz, super clean place, no dog shit or flies or garbage around.
>>
>>7198972
pardon my ignorance, but are the tortillas all soggy then? do they still eat it with their hands?
>>
All those pics looks horrible.
>>
>>7201503
sorry cam is 10 yeas old
>>
>>7201498
not soggy, they still holding well the meat inside.
>>
File: 1446354143281.jpg (343 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
1446354143281.jpg
343 KB, 1024x765
Can we dump more photos of food from mexico please? I only have like two.
>>
>>7200325
Jesus, I'm not the suspiciously calm anon you're attacking for no reason but why are you so fucking triggered?
>>
File: typical white people.jpg (54 KB, 583x700) Image search: [Google]
typical white people.jpg
54 KB, 583x700
>>7200190
murica please
your food sucks
I wouldn't eat it fresh to start with
the gull you have to even start looking down from where you are standing
lemme just say even bad mexican is far superior than nearly all excellent american foods even when cooked by mexicans regard this to be true as it truly is ... sorry to burst your shitty handicapped bubble ... btw walmart is 3 blocks that way you should be able to recharge your scooter easily.
>>
>>7201653
Sorry the government turned you down for welfare, Pedro.
>>
File: paid in full.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
paid in full.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>7201800
Sorry baby I have no patience for govies headache and or handouts
>>
>>7201806
Who'd you steal it from, senpai?
>>
>>7201810
Speak for yourself when speaking about stealing ... my cashflow is stable as well as comfy
>>
>>7201815
I would imagine. I hear landscaping and gardening pay well.
>>
>>7201817
>>7201817
>landscaping and gardening
Nice to know what opportunities you see available.
>>
>>7198972
Wtf kind of cooking is this? Tripas and sausages being cooked in the same liquid? With some tortillas thrown in? Arent tortillas supposed to be toasted on a griddle?
>>
>>7201432
>jealousy

>>An observational study...in Mexico City collecting 43 street-vended chili sauces. ...... Seventeen (40%) samples were faecally contaminated and 2(5%) sauces harboured sufficient enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli to cause disease. Weestimate that the consumption of only one of these chili sauces could result in ETEC disease in at least 21,000 consumers per year,

40% were "faecally contaminated".....which means there was literally SHIT in 40% of their samples....damn near HALF of them.

Yea.....enjoy your shitty street food, and I DO mean shitty street food.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2869869/
>>
File: tu ya sabes.jpg (52 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tu ya sabes.jpg
52 KB, 500x300
>>7201961
Fuck them puto NCBI gallos and their weak ass stomachs they need to grow a pair.
>>
>>7203054
>Fuck them puto NCBI gallos and their weak ass stomachs they need to grow a pair.

Yes, of course. How dare they point out the fact that Mexican street vendors don't know, or care about, how to handle food properly, resulting in large scale fecal contamination that causes illness and disease in thousands of citizens every year. Why, those young children and elderly citizens that get sick and die every year from eating feces laden Mexican street food should have just toughened up their stomachs before they dare purchased such delicious Mexican shit contaminated delicacies.

Stellar logic, muchacho.
>>
>>7201861
This is some really greasy down home explosive diarrhea causing authentic mexican cuisine.
>>
>>7198972
Perdoneme, senor, es el fresco hoy E.-coli?
>>
>>7198972
Disculpe , señor , a este alimento darme diahrea explosiva ?
>>
File: 175158.jpg (65 KB, 475x1009) Image search: [Google]
175158.jpg
65 KB, 475x1009
>>7204055
Si señor gringo, how is cancun anyways my dear taco bell lover?
>>
>>7204092

No estoy abajo con la comida chatarra, amigo.

There's nothing wrong with Mexican food...unless it's made in the streets, where it's allowed to harbor and grow bacteria due to shitty sanitation practices.

When I want Mexican chow, I make it myself.
>>
File: Tacky-Tourist-Costume.jpg (129 KB, 380x480) Image search: [Google]
Tacky-Tourist-Costume.jpg
129 KB, 380x480
>>7203966
actually this tho.
>>
>>7204113
there is street food in every nation, actually some of the best street food in the world is in new york, my dad had a chain of tacos in the street, some of the best tacos in mexico city, 40 employees in 10 strategic locations around the city, the kitchen was busy all week 24 hours every day, I saw the sanitation and cleaning maintance the workers kept, nothing out of a horror movie, because even them and we used to eat from the same tacos once in a while. they were made of potatoes, beans and chicharron,
>>
>>7204131
>there is street food in every nation

And there's food poisoning in every nation as well.

You're always taking a risk when you allow somebody else to prepare your food, but a restaurant that is required to maintain a standard of hygiene enforced by the city has more to lose than some unregulated dude cooking mystery meat on the side of the road, so I'll go with the restaurant every time over some street peddler.
>>
>>7204197
so you never have and never will try it?
>>
File: 1401783431898.jpg (52 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1401783431898.jpg
52 KB, 716x724
Hipster here, I don't know about the guy making a fuss about fecal dust, I just know what I know from first-hand experience, fwiw. I ate street food in obscure, off-the-beaten path cities in Mexico that rarely get gringo tourists and which you have probably never heard of, and I never had any issue with food poisoning. It helps if you aren't a hand-sanitizer-toting shut-in with a weak constitution. I now eat regularly at my local Mexican food truck locally here in the States, where I get the only-white-guy-in-sight section of my official hipster card restamped every week, and where they have uncooked vegetables sitting in open, shared containers in the outdoors, and they shave the meat off one of those sketchy spindles you see at schwarma/gyro stands. Still no food poisoning. Feels good man.

One thing I especially like is that they place out these sauces in ketchup squirters that are spicier than any supposed "hot sauce" you can order at an oppressive whites-only establishment (like if you go to Applebees and request a bottle of hot sauce). *THERE IS NO MILD SAUCE*, they are all hotter than Satan. Steer clear, fear-mongering commoners of the coccooning underclass; it is not for the faint constitution.
>>
>>7204285

FUCK no!

Why would I?

Street food is like sharing a dirty used needle with some fucking junkies you don't know in an alley, while a restaurant is more like getting a shot in a clinic or hospital.

You can keep your junky shit street food.
>>
>>7203054
Faggots like you make me ashamed of my unfortunate blood.
You should not be okay with eating food with literal feces in it.
>>
>>7205049
My best friend is an american architech, aviator and owner of 25 restaurants in New York, some of High class cousine, very rich dude actually also a Chef himself, every year he travels to mexico and loves to eat street tacos a lot, I am telling no bullshit at all. just look at Anthony Bourdain, he does that too.
>>
I live in Mexico City and let me tell you, you can only trust a handfull of street vendors in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

If you go to the places where a lot of people gather, most likeley the food is great and somewhat clean, but you still run the risk of getting something like salmonela, typhoid or even amoebas.

Pro tip: When in Mexico, only eat mexican food at restaurants, even if it's somewhat expensive.
>>
>>7203930
That shit is a little too authentic for me. Even the taquerias around here which are owned and operated by people from mexico have authentic food which is way more palatable than that
>>
I go and eat TJ street food about once a week. And I have gotten sick from eating at fast food joints. Maybe my stomach isn't a faggot. But those street places are what the people that live there eat.
>>
>>7205126
And?

A LOT of people smoke cigarettes too, anon.

Just because a lot of people do stupid shit, doesn't mean it's NOT stupid shit.
>>
>>7205073
That dumb ass anon thinks people are attacking Mexican food, which is untrue. Mexican food is fucking delicious. Proteins, tomato, cheese, chili peppers, only a faggot wouldn't think that shit is delicious.

We are attacking shitty STREET food, that is KNOWN to be prepared under unhygienic conditions.

I wouldn't eat "street" food from any g'damn place, because if it's good enough to serve to the public, it's good enough to serve in a fucking restaurant.
>>
>2016
>eating street food from Indios Verdes
And then you wonder why you guys get food poisioning
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.