[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best pizza dough recipe out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 110173.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
110173.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
What's the best pizza dough recipe out there?
>>
There is no difference in storebought dough and purchased dough. seriouseats pardons using storebought.
>>
File: in your fucking face faggots.jpg (16 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
in your fucking face faggots.jpg
16 KB, 650x366
>>7194989
>this post
>>
File: 1445433930880.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
1445433930880.png
112 KB, 297x282
Anyone?
>>
>>7194989
>store bought dough
>purchased dough
There's a difference?
>>
>>7195524
Ignore him, he probably has schizophrenia and spouts nonsense word salad.

Please respond to
>>7194976
>>
>>7195527
>spouts nonsense word salad
Indeed.
>>
File: 1449179263089.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263089.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>
>>7194976
Well I know two recipes, basically they're almost the same

Like half a kilogramm of flour
about 2 dl milk
1 egg
one teaspoon of sugar and salt
some yeast
5 tablespoons of sunflower oil
It's totally optional, but I'd recommend adding some oregano to the mix, and a big scoop of butter/margarine. Or even some pizza seasoning.

knead it all together, put it somewhere warm for 30 mins, you're good to go.

The "official" italian recipe is basically the same, except you use water instead of milk, and you leave out the egg. Takes an hour or two for the dough to rise. That's it.
>>
>>7194989

Disregarding the mix up, store bought dough can vary pretty wildly in taste. I had some that was meant to be used same or next day that was pretty decent. Had another one with an expiry time of 2 weeks, that was fucking nasty.
>>
>>7195554
>OP asks about pizza dough recipes
>then this anon replies, describing store bought dough

That's some severe schizophrenic thought disorder. See a psychiatrist and get on meds.
>>
>>7195560

I was replying to the guy who mentioned store bought dough, you fucking retard. Seems you're the one with the disorder here
>>
>>7194976
Mine, since I've been making my own home made pizzas since I was 9. Instead of on my birthday playing with my friends I would make everyone pizza instead. I was a weird kid.
>>
File: maters.jpg (16 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
maters.jpg
16 KB, 236x236
>>7194976

Here you go nigger.

Pizza Dough Recipe by percentages:
Flour 100
Water 62
Salt 1.25
Sugar 1.5
Yeast .375

Weight by gram.
Flour: 400
Water: 248
Yeast: 1.5
Salt: 5
Sugar: 6

Note the use of grams, because volumetric measurements are ass.

You can use AP or bread flour.

This dough is fairly highly hydrated, but DON'T add any additional flour, because it's supposed to be.

Knead this bitch until silky smooth. Let it rest for an hour or so, and then divide in half and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before you use.

This produces an excellent dough that can be used for Jew York pies, Neapolitans, or thin crust.
>>
i have seen 3 recipes, mostly deep dish, and regular pizza people want bread flour or capoto flour to get that nice crisp.
using a pizza stone and all that shit, the marzano tomatoes.
i had been wanting to make deep dish on my cast iron and that requires regular all purpose flour i guess so it can take that long to bake.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21194.0

http://pastebin.com/YJbUPccW
this one is more complicated but it's worth it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8HlqYn98Q&feature=iv&src_vid=le9ILVh1okM&annotation_id=annotation_270824149

Use the Wolfgang Puck dough recipe that Chef John has on his JewTube channel
>>
File: pdo.jpg (52 KB, 960x558) Image search: [Google]
pdo.jpg
52 KB, 960x558
>>7194976
>>7194976

People get worked up over ingredient raitos, and for good reason.

But I've discovered the most important factor is a retarding proof in the fridge.

My recipe is literally
~2 cups bread flour
~1.3 cups warm water
~shakes of dry active yeast
~shakes of sugar
~shakes of salt
~plop of olive oil

Mix well, cover and leave at room temperature ~20 hours

Knead with gloves and no extra oil/flour
Retard proof in fridge additional 1-3 days (3 is better)

Pull out ~1 hour before spinning the pie
Spin pie, add marinara, cheese and toppings, bake on pre-heated pizza stone in over at max temperature.

Yeah it's lazy, but my results are pretty consistent.
>>
>>7196456
Nice crust, bruh.
>>
>>7197914

Thanks, that pie was 48 hours of retard proofing.
>>
>>7195541
>1 egg
>about 2 dl milk
>sunflower oil

what the fuck did i just read
>>
File: diastaticmalt.jpg (24 KB, 331x455) Image search: [Google]
diastaticmalt.jpg
24 KB, 331x455
>>7196456

Room temp for 20 hours would be a miniscule amount of yeast, unless you don't care about the dough ball maintaining shape or not being blown out by the time its done. A 12" pizza needs about 1/8 tsp of IDY for a 24-48 hour refrigerator ferment at 40ish degrees. Pizza looks good though.

>>7196223

That's a pretty good and standard recipe. 62% might be high for AP flour and over 325g is about a 14" pizza, a little thick if you went smaller than that.

Personally I like 2.5% salt and don't use sugar anymore since it's not really neccessary.If I want an sweetening/browning agent Diastatic Malt Powder is the way to go. I don't use oil either, but even a tiny bit sure makes it easy to handle.
>>
>>7196169
what is it, faggot
>>
Anyone interested in a recipe that can make around 240oz of dough? I don't use it anymore for my business, so if you're interested I can post it here for you. It's very good, I can't remember the approximate hydration %, but it's around 65%? I think.
>>
>>7203529
Can you not scale down the proportions or something?
Sure, throw it. I ordered a pizza stone and I'm hoarding dough recipes I see here to check which ones come out the best later.
>>
>>7203529

Industry recipes are always welcome.

I used to work at a brew pub and our pizza dough recipe incorporated leftover/spent grains, so (even though I occasionally home brew) it's not something I can really make at home.
>>
>putting eggs in pizza dough

It's not fucking pasta dough
Why the fuck anyone does this I don't know
>>
>>7194976

The one you like the best.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.