[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good and healthy crock pot recipes for college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: alwayssunnytrain.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
alwayssunnytrain.gif
3 MB, 500x281
What are some good and healthy crock pot recipes for college students? I want minimal prep, (ideally just throw it in and turn it on), and something that will stay good for a few days so I can just serve up a plate or bowl whenever.
>>
I got some for you bro. Keep your thread alive until I get home and I'll share my favourite ones
>>
>>7193888
Bump
>>
easy.

Get 10 of your favorite tv dinners, turn your crockpot on high and load em in there. A couple hours later you can dig in!
>>
Bbq Chicken:
- Frozen chicken breasts, 1/2 way full
- cheap bbq sauce
- good quality barbecue sauce
- a splash of italian salad dressing

You didn't say the size of your crock pot.
Put the chicken in, then the cheap bbq sauce, then italian salad dressing. Set to low for 4-6 hours, whenever it gets done.
Take out the chicken, put on a chopping board, use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
Put the shredded chicken into tupperware, then pour the actual good quality bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays, it's the best here in StL where we know our sauce).
Throw out the cheap sauce in the crock pot.

You should have enough bbq shredded chicken for at least 3 meals at 2 sandwiches per meal. Don't pile on the chicken, make the sandwiches thin and eat something else to make yourself full. I am very poor and that's how I do it.
>>
>>7195416
Not creamy italian, the other kind
>>
chicken breasts and franks red hot
>>
Here's Chilli:
- 1 can of chili, any kind
- 1 large can of chili beans
- 1/2 box of elbow macaroni shells, maybe a bit less
- half a coffee cup of water
- chop up 1/2 an onion if you can, it's ok if you can't
It usually takes about 4 hours on low. When the macaroni gets huge, you waited too long.
>>
Get the book called
A Man, A Can, A Plan
It will change your life
>>
>>7193888
If you're gonna be that lazy go get fast food.
>>
>>7195438
If that book changed your life then you must've been locked in a dark, windowless room since birth.
>>
>>7195476
Yeah, I was.
>>
Cheese and broccoli soup

>2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Celery soup
>32 oz of Chicken/Vegetable broth
>2 cups/packages of cheddar cheese (can be any other cheese)
>One head of broccoli chopped up into bite-sized pieces.

Put it all in the crockpot. Turn it on low for 8 hours or high for about 4 hours. Stir for 3 minutes every hour.

I puréed the shit out of it after it was all done. You may want to do that, too. But, it's up to you.

It may be too thick or too thin (depending on crockpot, cheese, etc.) You can add a little bit of flour to thicken it up or add milk (or if you have more broth) to thin it.
>>
>>7193888
Get a chuck roast (this is the most expensive part). Potatoes, carrots and an onion. Lipton onion soup mix.

Place all in the crock pot at ~8 in the morning. Turn on low and it'll be ready by 5. The alternative is do carrots and onions in the pot and mashed potatoes on the side. You'll have tons of leftovers that only require a microwave to enjoy.
>>
>>7196218
Boston butt

Get a bone in boston butt.
Cut slits and insert 4-6 garlic cloves per side, depending on your preference. Rub all over with McCormick pork rub. Every single part of it.

Put it in the crock pot fat side down on high for 6 hours or so. Until it pulls apart with a fork.

Buy hamburger buns and coleslaw because it's a good faux barbeque. Also, lots of leftovers.
>>
>>7196218
Note of the veggies for this one:

Cut the carrots into ~1 inch pieces or they'll likely end up mushy. Onions should be coarsely sliced. Potatoes in chunks a bit bigger than your thumb.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.