[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clerks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1450773539492-795359084.jpg (4 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1450773539492-795359084.jpg
4 MB, 1836x3264
I'm a slow shopper- I go in with a list and sometimes ponder my options... takes a while so I shop late at night when the market is mostly vacant.

My cart was about half full and I'd just raided the hot sauce dept. I'm looking down the chips and soda aisle wondering if it's worth bothering to walk down when the store manager or some lofty clerk walks up to me and starts talking to me about my hot sauces. I'm still thinking about the snack aisle and mostly ignoring this guy until he says "...Oh, and I've always wondered what this one tastes like..." and reaches into my cart and takes out my dragon sauce.

At that point there was a sort of primal influence that took over and the beverages in the next aisle left my mind completely. I look at the man square in the eyes and tell him "There's a dozen more of those over there, find yourself some oysters and crackers and go crazy."

From there he put the bottle back in my cart and left.

\ck\ is it bad form to touch food in someone else's cart? The guy might have owned the store, but even still it felt very wrong to me and I put that bottle back on the shelf where I got it from, like the man's touch had tainted the hot sauce.
>>
>>7192395
How many people do you shop for? I can't imagine a 4chan poster having reason to shop for more than himself. I only ever shop for myself, and don't even need a cart for my weekly shop. Maybe you shop less frequently than once a week?
>>
>>7192415
Power went out twice today- only briefly, but I thought I'd stock the pantry in case of the habbenings.
>>
>>7192395
It's kinda weird, and you do occasionally get people poaching low stock items, but it's not like you own the stuff yet.

I think people need to fuck off and stop trying to make small talk in general when it comes to supermarkets though. Join a social club or something if you're so starved for conversation you need to strike one up in the only public place everyone has to visit.
>>
>>7192415
>I can't imagine a 4chan poster having reason to shop for more than himself

I shop for my wife and her son as well and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this board.
>>
>>7192395
i shop for 2 bi-weekly. usually rock sat morning before sunrise. that way the store isnt crowded, shelves are fully stocked, and by the time i check out there are people coming in and more registers open. like you, i take my time and shop from a list. also use coupons and try to find best deals. the market i shop at plays the worst goddamn music (top 40 from 70s, 80s, 90s) so im always rocking earbuds. i suggest you do the same. yeah maybe its antisocial but who gives a fuck. sometimes (on big trips) i could be in the store for an hour. in no other part of my life would i expose myself to such a terrible audio experience. anywho, guessing clerkbro woulda seen your headphones and just nodded instead of molesting your sauce. what the fuck even is dragon sauce? why not just get cholula?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.