[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a way to cook brown rice besides boiling it in a pot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: brown-rice-jar.jpg (73 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
brown-rice-jar.jpg
73 KB, 460x360
is there a way to cook brown rice besides boiling it in a pot so it easier to divide into portion control, like if I wanted to cook up 15 to 21 servings of brown rice at once how would I do it so I can divide it into 15 portions?
>>
Nigga what
>>
Saving cooked rice for consumption days or weeks later is fucking retarded. This is why rice cookers are popular with asians. Push a few buttons, add the stuff to the bowl, and it's ready when you get home from work. Not stale, not gross, not dried out from sitting there all day. Just freshly cooked and delicious.
>>
>>7191652
Get a fucking huge pot or rice cooker.

If you want to cook that many servings at once you need a pot/cooker/pan big enough to hold that amount of rice in its hydrated cooked state. There is no way around that.
>>
>>7191655
if i want to cook up 15 to 21 servings of rice how should I cook it so it is easy to divide into 15 to 21 servings cooked and how should I go about dividing it
>>
>>7191661
thanks
>>
I have to ask.

Why the fuck are you looking to cook between 15 and 21 servings at once? That's a lot of fucking rice and a big difference between amounts.
>>
>>7191705
Probably someone from /fit/ that wants to ready pack his meals
>>
>>7191652
Looks like a jar of dried mealy worms or maggots.
>>
File: Spanish_Paella_Pan-283.jpg (122 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Spanish_Paella_Pan-283.jpg
122 KB, 800x600
>>7191705
That could be done with one of those Spanish paella pans.
>>
OP, you can bake brown rice in a covered casserole dish. 1:2 ratio of rice to boiling water, a bit of salt. Cover with aluminium foil and bake off for an hour or so, or until the rice is absorbed.
>>
>>7191956
yeah but you only use that for paella, and you dont use shit brown rice for paella unless it is mandatory to fuck it up
>>
>>7191652
it's called a food scale you fucking autist
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.