[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peanut butter price?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: kroger peanut butter.jpg (25 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
kroger peanut butter.jpg
25 KB, 200x200
Why are the smaller jars of peanut butter consistently cheaper than the larger jars?
Kroger (aka King Soopers in some states) has three sizes of PB, small medium and large. Usually with most things, the bigger sizes are cheaper per ounce. But with PB, like 90% of the time I go there either the small or medium jar is the cheapest. It's annoying because I'd rather just buy one big one instead of three small ones, but I usually do the latter because it's cheaper.
Why do they do this? I can't think of anything else where the biggest size is consistently more expensive, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7184014
I know right? King Soopers always has the small/medium jars on sale like 4/$10 (or whatever) and the giant son of a bitch is at a perpetual state of $14
>>
You don't know how to shop sales, overstocks and manager's specials. I got a 40oz jar of crunchy PB a few months ago for $1.99.

Unless you can get a 12oz jar for under 60ยข, I ain't listenin' to no mo' o' yo' shit.
>>
Guys, can you tell me how do peanut butter prices and normal butter prices relate in the US? Over here PB is import-only, so a 500g jar costs 2 times the price of the same amount of dairy butter.
>>
>>7184073
It varies state-to-state, town-to-town, neighbourhood-to-neighbourhood and store-to-store.
Also, your post implies that you believe peanut butter and dairy butter to be somehow interchangeable to some degree or other. They're not.
>>
>>7184056
I'm talking about the frequency though, the small jars go on sale more often than the large jars and therefore 90% of the time I go to the grocery store, the small/medium jars are cheaper.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.