[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people in this world right now who actually believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: smallest violin.gif (282 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
smallest violin.gif
282 KB, 200x200
>there are people in this world right now who actually believe they're entitled to extra money just for bringing your food to your table and refilling your cup once every twenty minutes
>>
>>7180450
Well it IS in the job description.
>>
>>7180450
Absolutely. Don't get paid enough? Get a different job, I ain't tipping shit.

So happy I don't live in America where you get stanky looks or spit in your food for not tipping.
>>
File: 1447624429989.jpg (6 KB, 174x192) Image search: [Google]
1447624429989.jpg
6 KB, 174x192
>>7180493
> where you get stanky looks or spit in your food for not tipping.

But you dont know if someone is tipping or not till after they leave
>>
>>7180495
Fair enough, so they spit in your food the next time you come.
>>
>>7180504
This is why you rotate locations sufficiently that no one remembers you.

Or have a forgettable face like I do... same waitress has asked me if it was my first time to a restaurant 3 times in a month..... ;_;
>>
File: 1444747836256.jpg (22 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
1444747836256.jpg
22 KB, 500x342
I don't have a huge problem tipping at sit-down restaurants when the waiter has provided good service. I have a serious problem with how debit machines at fast-food places ask if you want to tip. Like as I'm sliding my card and inputting my PIN code to pay for my food the machine asks me what percentage I want to tip. And I never know what the fuck to put down because I don't WANT to tip, they aren't bringing me my food to the table or refilling my drink or doing ANYTHING outside of making the food that I've already paid for. Especially since I'm going to walk out the door with my food the second they hand it to me. But they won't start preparing the food until after I've paid and I can't finish the payment until I respond to the tipping question on the machine. So I always worry that if I don't tip 10% or something they'll spit in my food. They're basically holding my food hostage unless I give them extra money and it's fucking ridiculous. Having a tipping option on your debit machine when you're a fast food joint is the number one way to ensure I never come back.
>>
>>7180532
Fuck that shit.

Tipping is culturally unkown in my country. As in, if you try to give a tip, they have to turn it down or hand it to the manager to be put in a "staff fund" because most places don't want to have "too much money" on the books unaccounted for. Staff certainly aren't allowed to take them home.

Tipping is a fucking stupid rule. Job satisfaction and being good at your job are your "tip". If you can't handle that then go to uni and get a better paying job so you don't have to get handouts for doing what your employed to do.
>>
>>7180532
This, those new clover cash registers always ask for a tip while your paying for the food. This is before you're even seated or have been served ANYTHING.

It's absolutely mad, but you're standing right there in front of an employee.
>>
>>7180450
Tipping became a norm because in certain places employees are paid less than minimum wage. Businesses should just pay basic min wage and leave tipping to the customer. Where I live a waitress at a chain restaurant/sports bar can make more money in tips alone than I do in a week (after taxes) as an above min wage white collar worker. So cry me fucking river that I didn't give your fourth grade reading level ass a 15%+ tip for 3 minutes of work.
>>
Only tipping that should occur is at strip clubs.
>>
>>7183126
Yes
>>
File: meanwhile, in mexico...jpg (102 KB, 900x585) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile, in mexico...jpg
102 KB, 900x585
If someone does an extraordinary job , i'll toss them an extra buck or two for the hell of it, just to let them know its appreciated.
However, people should NEVER be made to feel like its 'required', or be shamed or talked down to if they never tip at all.

Sadly, in the US, gratuity has turned into an entitlement. People feel like they should get a tip just because they work a certain job.
I say fuck that, and fuck them.
They're exactly the reason customers get so jaded towards tipping in the first place.
>>
>waiter constantly asks if the food is okay, if I need drinks, if I need any extras

Fuck off and let me eat in peace. I appreciate the effort, but I live in Australia so it just becomes annoying after the second or third time.
>>
>>7182717
It sounds like you're saying that a person's self worth should be estimated by their level of education. Check your privilege, friendo.

That said, people should not be ashamed about not tipping. Tips are a reward for good service.
>>
>>7180450
I tip all my bartenders between thirty and sixty percent just for serving me the no-emotion-potion
>>
A machine and a self serve station could replace their job.
>>
>>7183321
It sounds like you're saying that a person's self worth should be estimated by their income.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.