[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dutch Cuisine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: DutchCuisineLogo.jpg (223 KB, 650x752) Image search: [Google]
DutchCuisineLogo.jpg
223 KB, 650x752
>80% Vedgies 20% Meat
Yay or nay
Discuss
>>
Must be a real shocker for all the amerifags
>>
>>7179031
kek
>>
That sounds really good to me, especially if that 20% consists of a lot of fish.

What are some simple Dutch doahes to prepare?
>>
>>7179054
>peel and cut up potatoes
>dump in a pan with cut up carrot and onion
>boil 20-30 minutes
>mash it
You can add sausage or whatever you like.
>>
>>7179054
> prepair Red , yellow and pink beeds
> prepair oxtail
> rip meat of the bone
> eat
>>
>>7179024

Dutch cuisine, those aren't really words which belong together.
>>
Dutch cuisine is all about sustainability
and makeing people realise that how our meat is produced now is not sustainable.
Vedgables on the otherhand have a very big rage of bio diversity and is way more sustainable
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z60-uFImvvM
>>
File: frikandel.jpg (346 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
frikandel.jpg
346 KB, 1024x768
>>7179188
Yeah this is the very image of healthy sustainable food....

Ever been to Holland fuckhead?

The best food in the Netherlands is made by Inodnesians and Turks. Every expat knows this.

The only thing the Dutch are good at is baking. Some of their cheeses are good too. The rest belongs in the garbage.

They are almost as bad as Iceland about cooking. Even British food is better.
>>
>>7179188

Is Dutch Cuisine some kind of meme separate from actual Dutch cooking?

Actual Dutch cooking is about getting farmers to work all day for minimum cost and very little more.
>>
>>7179237

Limburg has some nice regional dishes too, if you don't define that as stolen from the Belgians.
>>
>>7179237
Well Fuckhead.

i live in holland and work here too.
and i am not talking about the shity fast food shit
i am talking about the fenomenon called dutch cuisine that just kinda started
i could go and post the shitiest food from your country and say ... ''look ur food is shit''
>>
>>7179024
>vegetables
Poor yurofags can't afford meat. I pity you.
>>
>>7179246
If with meme you mean Idea then yes
>>
>>7179024
I was once told that dutch food is 40% boiling, 40% mashing, and 20% herring.
>>
>>7179294
10% herring 10% sambal olek even though it clashes with everything that isn't indonesian
>>
File: AGV3.jpg (72 KB, 752x502) Image search: [Google]
AGV3.jpg
72 KB, 752x502
Most of the stuff posted in this thread is bullshit.

This is the standard non-crackhead lazy everyday food for a Dutch person: 1 portion potatoes (boiled, bruised a bit, with salt, pepper and gravy if you want the most typical way), 1 portion of fresh vegetables and 1 portion of fried animal products.

Then there are hundreds of other dishes that may take slightly/much more work than this, as well as all sorts of desserts, sweets, pastries, fast foods and other products.
>>
Who here is actualy dutch?
>>
File: snert.jpg (60 KB, 511x454) Image search: [Google]
snert.jpg
60 KB, 511x454
>>7179345
Me.

Also, Snert: god tier dutch food.

Boerekool stamppot also very good. I guess thats about it.
>>
>>7179336
>>7180362
Am I being memed on?
So not only is the Dutch language just English with a weird accent, Dutch food is just English food.
>>
>>7180424
A lot of similarities. Dutch food is more boring, but also less disgusting..
>>
>>7179305
sambal + peanutbutter sandwich is godlike
>>
>>7179266
>fenomenon
Someone call the police, there's been a rape of the English language.
>>
>>7180684
The Dutch are very good at that.
>>
>>7180362
wow, uh... snert is a fitting name for that.
>>
>>7180362
>calling it snert
Way to promote our cuisine man
>>
File: excuse me.jpg (22 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.jpg
22 KB, 500x333
>>7180781
I'm so sorry, you fucking snob. It's called what it's called. Get over it.
>>
>>7179345

Me too

Dutch cooking is utter bullshit, we eat decently because we have great supermarkets, exotic foods due to immigration and a long history of etnic diversity which brought a lot of cuisines that aren't complete shit to our country. Problem with most dutchfags is that they are very proud of the fact that they happen to have been born here and will defend our decent but culinary utterly retarded country until their deaths.

It is basically what >>7179336 wrote. There are some nice things, I love our cheeses for example, but in general it's bland and boring shit. The restaurants are of high quality, though, so you can eat very well if you live in the city.
>>
>>7180937
>Problem with most dutchfags is that they are very proud of the fact that they happen to have been born here and will defend our decent but culinary utterly retarded country until their deaths.

Nonsense. It's a very self-hating country and most people will tell you how the food is shit because they suck at making it.

>>7180424
The standard fare is similar to English cuisine indeed. But the other dishes are usually not very similar to English stuff. Also the horrors of English everyday food like good old pasta and fries are usually avoided.
>>
Standard Dutch cooking is meat, veggies and potatoes. Pretty much >>7179336

The cheese and pastry game is pretty solid, though.

Most Dutchfags supplement their menus with tons of Asian food (thanks Indonesia) and pasta (thanks Italy).
>>
>>7179024
Dutchfag here with a bit of history knowledge. The dutch cuisine used to be of really high standards in the golden age 17th century. A lot of spices were used like cloves, bay leaves, peppercorns, pimentos in a beef onion stew called hachee. But that was only for the rich. Fast forward to the industrialization of the Netherlands we see a division of the man who has to work and the woman how stays at home to cook. Now at this time society was ruled by efficiency, girls had to go to school called the "huishoud school" in which they basically learned to throw away the cooking books and boil everything in a pan with salt until mush. This caused for an almost complete annihilation of the original dutch cuisine to replace it with a horrible simple effective way to feed to working class. It's a shame because I do happen to own a few cook books from the 17th century and the recipes are amazing. I could share some recipes on ortolan and quail but /ck/ is far to pleb to ever cook those so I can't be bothered.
>>
File: 1447805187341.gif (1 MB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
1447805187341.gif
1 MB, 300x224
God, everything about the dutch just pisses me off.
>>
>>7179024
what dutch quisine, I live here and I don't think we have anything besides kale mixed with mashed potatoes, and smoked sausages
>>
>>7180719
it's pea soup
>>
>>7181153
that's actually really interesting
>>
>>7179054
Peel potatoes, boil them to shit
Get some cabbage, carrots or other vegetables and boil the absolute fuck out of them
Get a piece of meat, "bake"(boil) it in watery "gravy"

Mash the potatoes, vegetables and gravy into a slop, then add the leathery dry piece of meat.

Fish is too expensive, you rarely see that in the dutch diet unless it's deep fried battered whitefish junk cuts.
>>
File: TimEric4.jpg (34 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
TimEric4.jpg
34 KB, 425x283
>>7181124
>It's a very self-hating country
>>
>>7181239
>Fish is too expensive, you rarely see that in the dutch diet

How is that possible? There's water everywhere. Why no fish?
>>
>>7181246
5 euros of fish will get you enough for about 2 adults if its on sale.

5 euros of meat product will get you enough for about 8 adults if it's on sale.

There's a shit ton of regulations, taxes and quotas that are in place here thanks to eco terrorists (like greenpeace) and EU regulations.

Most people I know eat fish maybe once a week at best, and usually in fish stick form or deep fried (kibbeling, lekkerbek)

Then there's the occasional herring I suppose.
>>
>>7179266
>holland
kanker op gek we leven in nederland fucking landverader
>>
File: 1403979144480.jpg (11 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1403979144480.jpg
11 KB, 441x408
>>7181245
>>
>>7181260
Hoezo ben ik nou weer een landverader , het is alleen een andere naam voor het zelfde ding retard
>>
>>7179024
Why do your ovens smell like farts?
>>
>>7181444
they smell of jews
>>7181429
incorrect
>>7181182
Were literally better than you
>>7180362
snert
>>7179276
hmmmm,heart disease
>>7179237
rikandel is infinitely better than your shity hot-dogs
>Every expat knows this.
expats know nothing
better yet get out and never cross the border again
>>7179031
A murricans heart skips a beat when he is confronted with vegtables
>onlyeatsgrilledcheesepotatoes.jpg
>>
>>7181124

It's a retardedly proud nationalistic shithole if you venture outside of the cities. If you lived here you'd either know it or you fall into that category yourself.
>>
I live in the Netherlands and I can tell you that the 'original' Dutch cuisine is fucking terrible and tasteless. Most of the dishes consist of boiling vegetables (most often 1 or 2 types of vegetables) until they become really soft and mushy, boiled potatoes and a piece of meat or sausage.
It hardly is a dish. They are just a few separate ingredients that are scooped up on one plate. The thing that makes it a dish is mashing everything together and putting gravy on top of it to give it some taste.

Like stated earlier, us Dutchies should be really thankful for all immigrants and their cuisine (talking about cuisine here, and not other political shit).
And even that is being raped by food manufacturers that take foreign foods, and fuck it up completely (example: Surinam Roti with Dutch style potatoes).
>>
>>7179031
Amerifag here Veggies are top tier. My family always had a vegetable garden growing up.
>>
I once had an addiction to stroopwaffels.

All I can say about dutch food really
>>
>>7181562
Frikandel is so good. Dutch fast food in general is pretty awesome.
>>
>>7181153
>share some recipes on ortolan and quail
Elizabethan reenactorfag here. Please do.
>>
>>7183334
Just do it. I'd like to see the recipes.
>>
>>7184242

was meant for >>7181153 obviously
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.