[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many more days til Shitpotle goes out of business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 590x393
How many more days til Shitpotle goes out of business
>>
>>7178163
Chipolte won't go out of business your stupid bihhet
>>
>>7178163
Was Tupac even black?
>>
Went there yesterday, first time in a few months. I stopped going because the line is usually out the door at the one next to work.

Only 4 people in line yesterday, at peak lunch hour in a busy part of DC. Only reason I went was because they were handing out buy one get one free cards. Even the gay ass music they play was a little quieter than normal.
>>
It won't go out of business.

Chipotle is delicious, but it's up there with Bibop and Piada. It's customers are extremely loyal and "addicted" to it. They are also extremely defensive, and they literally believe all the marketing Chipotle provides. Whenever a controversy comes up, they're out on full force to defend it.

Like I said, it's delicious. But the people who turn it into a lifestyle are the ones who will keep Chipotle in business.

Furthermore: why would Chipotle lose business and not McDonald's?

Right now I can go to McDonalds and waste $8 on a "meal". I can also go right next door and wait 5 more minutes for something fresh for 2 dollars less. People will still flock to McDonald's. I'm not exaggerating, my area has plenty of options and people will still keep McDonald's in business for as long as they can. They create excuses for it as well, such as "convenience", because apparently their 1 hour lunch breaks can't account for the 15 minute wait for a decent meal.

If you want to talk about how dissappointing the general public is when it comes to their food choices, you have to look at McDonald's. There is such a thing as objectively making wrong decisions when it comes to food, and McDonald's is an example of it. Not because taste is objective, mind you. The people who defend this are the ones who keep these places in business.
>>
Just needs a salmonella outbreak to complete the trifecta.
>>
>>7178314

It'll get better. It always does. I'm not saying anyone should be eating there, but I'm also not saying that people WON'T be eating there enough to keep it in business.

Chipotle lives on a delusion. Even it's employees are deluded. I've worked there for a short period of time, they really hammer corporate phrases into you and try to get you to love it.
>>
>>7178333
>People will still flock to McDonald's. I'm not exaggerating, my area has plenty of options and people will still keep McDonald's in business for as long as they can.

Omg why is that? What is so good about McDonald's that you will pick that over a Smashburger next door or Five Guys or a delicious sub for the same price?
>>
File: 1447010203207.jpg (22 KB, 215x157) Image search: [Google]
1447010203207.jpg
22 KB, 215x157
>jack in the box gets ecoli
>literally every single store on the east coast closes down

>chipotle ongoing ecoli problems for MONTHS
>they then get norovirus on top of that
>people still go there and nobody really cares

is the chipotle cult really that strong?
>>
>>7178411
Yes. It's mainly an American thing, you don't see other countries having this much tolerance over how much garbage they put in their bodies.

Some people would rather let you think saying this is a meme though.... but it's completely true. I have no problem with these places existing, I'm having a problem with the huge tolerance for it. You're allowing these places to pop up in your neighborhoods when you eat there so much.
>>
>>7178163
27. trust me I'm James Chipotle II. James Chipotle I is my dad.
>>
>>7178414
I don't understand why people can't just cook food like that themselves

>grill some chicken with a marinade of your choice
>make some rice and throw some cilantro and lime juice in it
>throw beans and salsa on top with some cheese and optional sour cream/guac

no risk of ecoli, you're saving a shit ton of money because rice and beans cost nothing, and now you aren't a corporate fanboy anymore

people act like chipotle is the apex of cuisine when it's just rice, beans, and meat
>>
>>7178422
Do you really need it to be explained to you? Of course people can make the same food at home, but many choose to pay for the convenience of having someone else prepare it for them. The convenience out weighs the risk of getting sick.
>>
>>7178422
Do you never leave the house?
>>
File: 1446384553750.jpg (75 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
1446384553750.jpg
75 KB, 440x660
>favorite hole-in-the-wall burrito shop closes up last month because they can't afford their bills anymore
>meanwhile Chipotle is still open after selling diseased food
>>
>>7178411
Chi Chis shut its doors nationwide
>>
>Rice in burritos
Good riddance
>>
>>7178163
I would think now is a good time to buy stock in Chipotle.
>>
>>7178422
You have to think about how people get to the point where they can do these things in the first place. I'm long done pretending the whole "Americans eat burgers" thing is a meme. I mean it's a stereotype but it's truer and truer each year.

If parents aren't teaching these skills to kids, who will? Home ec doesn't do a good job teaching any retainable information to people. If parents don't even know these skills, well shit. They're left to the internet, and it's not like these people are very resourceful online either.

Hopefully one day Michelle Obama, queen of cafeterias, tells schools to clean their act and teach these kids what their parents haven't been.
>>
>>7178826
I never get this complaint. Literally no one made you order rice
>>
>>7178826
Where are you eating that forces you to put rice in your burrito? Just tell your mom to leave it out next time.
>>
>>7178826
This.
Rice in burritos is disgusting.

Also, the tolerance for supporting a business that has sickened hundreds of people all over the country is disgusting. I've never eaten at Chipotle, and never will, and hopefully they'll go out of business soon.
>>
I've no idea why they haven't gone out of business yet. poisoning and giving diseases to people. when chi-chis did it they went bankrupt.
>>
File: 2015-12-14_13.38.10-1.jpg (475 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-14_13.38.10-1.jpg
475 KB, 864x864
I got this raw chicken from chipotle the other day. Never going back, was already on the fence about that place but I didn't have anywhere else to go to for lunch.
>>
>>7179153
That's called dark meat
>>
>>7179165
What's the red and pink parts then? The texture was soft and weird too, not like dark meat.
>>
>>7179175
Have you only eaten frozen tendies your entire life?
>>
>>7179181
Sounds like you only eat tendies.
I asked the other people I was eating with at work if it looked raw and they all said yes and were disgusted.

This might be normal looking for a piece of whole roasted turkey cut close to the bone but chipotle cooks their chicken in small pieces, nothing should really be pink.
>>
>>7178406

>Five Guys
>same price

Five Guys is incredibly expensive for what you get. Even when they fill your grease-soaked bag with fries
>>
>>7179153
Liar.
>>
>>7178333
>why would Chipotle lose business and not McDonald's?

Mickey D's doesn't give you e. coli lmao
>>
>>7178314
Where in DC? I've noticed the one in Dupont Circle isn't quite as busy as usual.
>>
>>7179380
I live in illinois
The chipotle 6 months ago had people crawling in it, every single day during lunch hours (during my lunch hour and run over to where the restaurants are at)

The original outbreak story, it slowed down. Now with the story that the tainted supplier actually supplied that store and the rotovirus outbreak. Its almost dead every single day.

There was literally 1 car there today at 11:30 where every other restaurant was packed.
>>
I say keep them open longer so the plebs that eat this shit tier mexican food can get sick and die off
>>
>>7178411
>tfw based McDonalds has no problems and has the best dollar:nutrition ratio
>>
>>7178333
>Chipotle is delicious

except it's not tho. it's literally taco bell with a bow on top.
>>
>>7178422
This guy's right. Next time I want a burrito, I'm going to leave work, go home, marinade chicken, grill the chicken, cook rice, cook beans, cut up cilantro and limes to put in the rice, cut tomatoes and onions and peppers and garlic to make salsa, grate cheese, cut avocados and mash em up, and then heat up tortilla and put all that shit together for a burrito. Simple. All I have to do is convince my boss to let me take a 3 hour lunch.
>>
>>7178511
>The convenience out weighs the risk of getting sick.

If people can't cook a burger and fries without getting sick, that's a problem. Getting a burger in 5 minutes is not a necessary "convenience". I am just as convenienced waiting 15 minutes to spend the same amount of my hard-earned money on better food, and I don't have the privilege of having 2 hour lunches and mandatory vacation times. There's no excuse why someone should resort to McDonald's, at that point "convenience" is just an excuse for laziness.

Like McDonald's? Fine, but it's no more convenient than Five Guys unless you literally have only 15 minutes to cram a burger into your face.
>>
File: ls.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>7178522

This is how I feel about American food culture in general.

>Guy sells award-winning (local awards, mind you) food out of a cart parked in a parking lot
>goes out of business because people would rather spend that same amount of money on a Big Mac

His food looked like this and cost $5. You can see why I can't just pretend people complaining about McDonald's are thinking "stop liking what I don't like". It's more than that, and you'd be saying "stop hating what I like" if you were to stop people from critiquing the harmful food habits of the general public.
>>
>>7179485
Incorrect. Chipotle is better than good.
>>
>>7179147

Ask yourself why McDonald's doesn't go out of business even if better businesses pop open next door. People have an incredibly disgusting tolerance for mediocrity. They have a dedicated fan loyalty for a burrito joint. That's how crazy this is, and I don't get why nobody wants to see it this way. People are literally believing everything Chipotle tells them and continuing to shop there after countless controversies, while defending them, because of their burritos. This isn't even a local restaurant that's in risk of closing down, it's a huge chain that is too big for people not to see how it's deluding others.
>>
>>7179153
Chipotle hires teenagers to work a "grill", and it's considered a luxury position for them. It's "hard work", according to them. I know this as a former employee. I wasn't trusted with it until a few months later, and then I was on it a majority of the time. Easiest job, but for people who think shoving bags of beans and meat in a retherm and telling customers that they butchered the cow this morning in front of a sober judge, it doesn't surprise me. Maybe 60% of the food is as fresh as people think it is, and the rest is slightly less than that. The produce came from local farms, which is unsurprising, but to them it was.

Also I was grilled on countless phrases for orientation. The beginning is rough. They will ask you questions out of the book, like "What is a restaraunteur?" (each Chipotle's goal is to become a "restauranteur" Chipotle franchise) or "What's it mean to be motivated?" and you will be asked to give the responses the book gives. I was almost fired my first two weeks for not taking it seriously.

I was later fired by a 19 year old because my father died and I only gave a two day's notice about it. I wish I could say I beat the shit out of him but at least I was friends with his roommate (who hated him) and it made me realize how much of a complete loser he was.
>>
File: Five-Guys-Cardiff-collage.jpg (60 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Five-Guys-Cardiff-collage.jpg
60 KB, 615x410
>>7179310

And you get good food. Grease-soaked bags aren't a complaint, I'm not looking for factory-looking burgers and fries like McDonald's has. And the cup isn't drenched with grease, the actual fries are just fine, it's just the fact that they give you an enormous amount that it overflows. Not exactly a complaint.

And maybe not $5 but it's certainly around the price of a Big Mac meal at McDonald's. For 15 minutes more you can get this.
>>
>>7179358
>Mickey D's doesn't give you e. coli lmao
Yeah. just everything else. Chipotle gets breaking news because they're hold to a higher standard. McDonald's is tolerated by everyone, regardless of the kind of stuff the pull, and nobody questions that they're wasting their hard-earned money on that kind of stuff.
>>
>>7178333
>I can go to McDonalds and waste 8 dolllars on a meal
Only if you don't use the dollar menu like a stupid nigger
You can get 3 hot and spicy chicken sandwiches for $3
>>
>>7180923
>Only if you don't use the dollar menu like a stupid nigger

The irony in calling me that for not using the dollar menu.
>>
File: jalapeno_cheddar_mcchicken_04.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
jalapeno_cheddar_mcchicken_04.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>7180923

Mmm, tasty. Beats spending a couple of bucks more at another place where you don't have to resort eating 3 sandwiches to satisfy your hunger.
>>
>>7180950
>3 sandwiches to satisfy your hunger
jfc how fat are you
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.