[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christmas Dinner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: boneless-rib-roast-uncooked.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
boneless-rib-roast-uncooked.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
My brother asked me for my rib roast recipe. I don't really have one. I leave it out, I rub, I sear, I cook. Take the temp. Always great. Anyone got a link to a good recipe online that I can refer him to?
>>
Recipes don't make themselves.
>>
>>7176745
just tell him how to put together whatever spice rub you use, and what temp you cook it at, and explain that the time will vary depending on the size of meat. c'mon bro this ain't rocket surgery
>>
Can one of you fat bastards direct me into a real food forum?
>>
>>7176876
Who are you calling bastards?
>>
>>7176745
https://youtu.be/NfJem7XsbvU
the seasoning mix is nothing but salt, black pepper, onion power, garlic powder, and a little sweet paprika.
>>
>>7177008
Thanks
>>
>>7176879
Kekd at this
>>
>>7176745
just write it down. basically just give him proportions for your preferred rub, and give him simple instructions for roasting it (i.e. initial sear temp, sear time, roast temp, target temp to pull the roast, and rest time).
>>
>>7177049
honestly - I'm too fucking lazy to do that
I like to drink and eat
I could do it for him but wtf there are 57 tits out there
>>
>>7177055
then tell him to go watch chef johns video or that good eats episode
>>
>>7177027
No problem. Instead of wetting his hands with water in order to get the seasoning to stick to the meat I'd use a little olive oil.

Also, remember to convert from metric to standard regarding the timing. So it's 500 or so for 30-45 minutes to get a good sear, then without opening the oven door just turn the oven down to 350 for the cooking times per pound/kilo depending on how done you want the meat. Good luck.

Also this to go with it https://youtu.be/b1bXQlWLl7U
Be a hero OP.
>>
>>7177058
good eats is prob the best
but it has been a while and now I just wing it
thats why I am ask you guys
>>
http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

I've followed these directions for the last 6 years I've made prime rib.

For mine, I make a paste in the blender out of garlic, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, salt and olive oil, rub it all over the prime rib the night before then take it out of the fridge a couple hours before I plan to cook it. Stick it in the oven at 250 until it hits 125-130 degrees internal temp, take it out and let it rest while letting the oven heat up to 550 and I dick around getting the sides ready, then stick it back in the oven for 10 mins or so to get the outside browned and crispy.

Comes out fucking great every year.
>>
>>7177061
Goose Fat
nice taters
>>
>>7177099
yeah i woulnd't even know where to get goose fat where i live so i'd just use olive oil or the butts.
>>
>>7177132
Local butcher will have duck or goose fat. Check yelp.

Makes for really good roast veggies. Did my Brussel sprouts in duck fat for thanksgiving this year.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.