[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welsh Dragon Sausage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: welsh_dragon_sausage.jpg (10 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
welsh_dragon_sausage.jpg
10 KB, 275x184
Has /ck/ ever tried this? How does it taste?
>>
Sorry OP, but dragons aren't real.
>>
>>7176154

That's why Welsh Dragon Sausage was banned in Wales -- that the name was considered misleading because it doesn't actually contain real dragon meat.

You can get it elsewhere, though.
>>
they are hot chill pork sausages with leek they are noice boi o
>>
Lincolnshire or bust 2bh family
>>
>>7176217
Smh
>>
>>7176225

How would they rank on a scale of spiciness?
>>
>>7176217
I refuse to believe someone could be this stupid.
>>
>>7176931
Hopefully we can get a scoville unit rating, as that's the most objective way to define spiciness.
>>
>>7176934

You underestimate the enormous capacities for the stupidity of humans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6159630.stm

>Jon Carthew said: "I don't think any of our customers actually believe that we use dragon meat in our sausages.

>"We use the word because the dragon is synonymous with Wales and I think everyone who buys from us knows that."

>More than 200,000 of the sausages made from pork, leek and hot chilli are sent to UK restaurants and shops each year.

>They are supplied by local butcher Cashell and Son, who have also received the trading standards' warning letter.

>But officials said they would not want vegetarians to buy the product by mistake thinking they were meat free.

>Consumer watchdogs took action after being tipped off that the sausages were in breach of the 1996 Food Labelling Act.

>The warning letter from Powys council's trading standards department, who analysed the sausages, read: "The public analyst has stated that the name Welsh Dragon Sausage is not sufficiently precise to inform a purchaser of the true nature of the food.
>>
>>7177043
That's not stupidity, that's obfuscation on the part of the sausage-makers. All they'd have to do is call them 'Welsh Dragon Pork sausages' and they'd be free and clear.
>>
File: 1432165206500.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1432165206500.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
Despicable, fraudulent marketing by marketers who have nothing better to do than to market their product under false pretenses.

But then again, any sheeple who buy pretentious "dragon sausages" not made of real dragons deserve everything they get.
>>
>>7177104

I don't think that the sausage makers were trying to make customers think that the sausages were made with dragon meat.
>>
>>7177104

Would you say it would be stupid If some twit started threatening US restaurants for selling French Fries which are clearly not from France and are not related to France?
>>
>>7178250
Most Americans think they did originate in France.
>>
>>7177104
>Dragon Pork
>>
>>7177104
>Oh, so it has dragon AND pork?
>I thought I finally found a good halal sausage
>>
What's the difference between those and the Chorizos (from Argentina)? Any one know'?
>>
>>7177043
>You underestimate the enormous capacities for the stupidity of humans.
More like the stupidity of the Welsh
>>
>>7178250
You mean French-cut fries? I'd be OK with those.
>>
>>7179087
>humans
>Welsh

well meme'd
>>
File: Really.jpg (26 KB, 447x495) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
26 KB, 447x495
>>7178720
>Chorizos
>from Argentina
>>
>>7179946
Reread my post.
>>
>>7176145
>Sausage
You can always tell when it's a yank posting because of how they call sausages, a plural, "sausage" which is singular.
>>
>>7177043
>>But officials said they would not want vegetarians to buy the product by mistake thinking they were meat free.

Thanks, vegetarians.
>>
>>7177043
So it's jobsworths in the local council and vegetarian twats who have to ruin a bit of fun.
>>
File: 75b.jpg (409 KB, 1300x888) Image search: [Google]
75b.jpg
409 KB, 1300x888
>welsh
>>
>>7180265
Man, that made me laugh. I used to work with a guy from Leeds a while back who fucking constantly railed on Welshmen and how all they did was fuck sheep and get bogwater enemas.

The best part was that for a while, one of the project managers that would come into the office was from Wales and the two of them would always flip out on each other and have the most hilarious arguments.
>>
I've seen cooking shows where someone makes their own sausages. It didn't look too difficult.

Does anyone make their own sausage? How would you make your own Welsh Dragon Sausages (substituting pork for dragon if you can't get any dragon)?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.