[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you tell the difference between a Pale Ale and a Pale Lager, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Can you tell the difference between a Pale Ale and a Pale Lager, /ck/?
>>
>>7175687
One's a meme and one isn't
>>
File: 123132.png (685 KB, 627x596) Image search: [Google]
123132.png
685 KB, 627x596
>alcohol

psssh. unleash your inner animal, kid.
>>
>>7175687
yes

the color
>>
Yes.

Source: I drink beer
>>
>>7175707
Unleash your inner fatso more like.
>>
>>7175687
I'd say so, yes. Especially if the lager has been fermented at proper lager temperatures and lagered. Things get a lot more muddy when you brew with lager yeasts at ale temperatures.
>>
I'm not the type to talk about citrus accents or hints of grapefruit, but if you can't tell the difference between an ale and a lager I am going to assume you don't drink much beer.
>>
>>7176109
This
>>
>>7175687
Probably not.
>get a growler of porter
>flat in less than 3 days without even opening it
fuck, this always happens to me
>>
>>7176195
Sounds like the place sucks at sealing the stuff. I've never had an issue with mine. Some places use plastic wrap things on them and others just use electrical tape around the outside.
>>
>>7175749
>implying that alcohol doesn't make you fat
>>
>>7175691
>Pale Ale
>a meme
American pale ale is 35 years old
see you at the sock-hop gramps
>>
>>7175687

One of them has been lagered.

the other is an ale.
>>
>>7175687
http://www.beer-faq.com/difference-ale-lager/
>>
>>7176195
Did you open it all within those 3 days?
Is it a swing-top or screw-top?
Growlers should really be consumed within a day regardless.
>>
>drinking the liquid jew
>>
>>7177335
That's vape juice
>>
>>7177335
Is everything good a Jewish conspiracy? Dogs, beer, and so on?
>>
>>7175707
ACTIVATED
>>
I think op meant if it's possible to distinguish between them if they both are hop forward. Like IPA vs IPL.
>>
>>7178725
If you brew the same wort then separate into an ale and a lager batch it would be difficult, but it should be possible to pick up the stronger yeast notes from the ale. Now if you actually brewed both at the same temperature it would be very hard.
>>
>>7176195
>not cracking into it on the way home
>>
>>7175687
Obviously. They are completely different.

The real question is could you tell the difference between an American Pale Ale an an IPA.
>>
>>7178972
Nope.
They both taste like piss.
>>
>>7178972
I think APAs tend to have more of the citrus flavor with a nice malt backbone vs ipas which tend to just taste more bitter and piney. That's just my experience though
>>
>>7178988
What's the difference between an APA and IPA?
>beer newbie here?
>>
>>7178992
There isn't all that much. America took the classic ipa and tweaked it to fit our palates. It's usually more balanced than the standard ipa I think.
>>
>>7178999
Ah.
So IPA isn't Indian?
>>
>>7179004
It was originally made by English brewers to be shipped to India. The strong hops and high ABV were used for it would survive the long shipping.
>>
>>7178999
when you say tweaked to american palates what does that mean?
like more hoppy less hoppy etc
>>
>>7175687
You can taste a lager by miles away.
>>
>>7175687
Ales typically have a lot more bolder flavors than lagers, at least for me.
I would say its not really much about the color but I'd be lying. I've had approximately one good light colored lager. The color is usually distinctive of how much flavoring there is present. Obviously there are exceptions but I typically like the darker ales...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.