[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I added ketchup to my fried rice tonight but I feel like white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 7881739600_fd76669e99_z.jpg (197 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
7881739600_fd76669e99_z.jpg
197 KB, 640x480
I added ketchup to my fried rice tonight but I feel like white trash for doing it. I would NEVER SERVE THIS TO FAMILY/FRIENDS for fear of looking like white trash.
>>
>>7171940
that shit's not fucking fried rice, it's still white

did you even fucking put an egg in it?
>>
>>7171941
i dont really know what to call what i made. I fried up sausage, threw in the rice with a bunch of dried spices plus some chicken bouillon, then simmered it for 20 until the rice cooked through. It was delicious, but it just needed a little kick of vinegar and tomato and sugar so... I added the ketchup
>>
OP you are white trash and fuck you for adding ketchup

Be a decent person like me who married a mail order bride from Indonesia and use Kecap manis instead.

You get your sweet and salt in the same dollop of goodness.
>>
>>7171944
>Kecap manis
what about my tomato problem?
>>
File: Scrambled egg Sriracha wraps.jpg (257 KB, 897x957) Image search: [Google]
Scrambled egg Sriracha wraps.jpg
257 KB, 897x957
>>7171940
Don't worry man, I drizzled 'cha on my scrambled eggs and wrapped them in a tortilla once because I had no Lao Gan Ma left after a weekend binge of fried rice.
>>
>>7171948
they aren't growing in Soylent compatible soil
>>
>>7171951
this makes me feel better?
>>
File: 134555453_441285c.jpg (23 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
134555453_441285c.jpg
23 KB, 620x413
>>7171951
thats popcorn you, you, fucking asshole-amio
>>
>>7171962
and it's also not 'cha, it's ketchup.
That image is used for story effect, nigger.
>>
>>7171948
What about it? Add something good decent, save your ketchup for hot dogs, hamburgers and other amerilard snacks
>>
Add some ketchup at the frying stage is not totally discusting, especially if you have other flavors. It's basically jist tomato, vinegar, sugar and onion power anyway
>>
>>7171984
this makes me feel better thank you
>>
>>7171940
The chefs at your local Chinese restaurants use ketchup in a lot of the dishes.

Shit even half of the "honey moon/yin yang" fried rice is ketchup.
>>
who else spamfried rice
>>
Ketchup is used in omelet rice I guess so it's not like you completely fucked up
>>
>>7171940
Well of course you don't add the ketchup yourself when serving it. You just keep some around in case your white trash friends want some.
>>
Dude, fried rice in Thailand almost alway contains ketchup.
And think of shit like Omurice.

Kinda funny how ketchup in rice of all things is associated with white trash, haha.
>>
https://youtu.be/HiX88aAtb1I
Pretty trashy, but so I using canned chicken
>>
>>7172389
do they have different ketchup? ours here is really super sweet. it makes me think of how they say our bread has too much sugar, it's like eating cake to them
>>
My dad is half American and calls this American fried rice. I don't know if Americans actually eat anything like it, but here's how he made it:

Oil, half tsp
Eggs, room temperature, beaten, 2
Spam, cut into 1cm cubes, 200g
>or ham or hot dogs, if you'd prefer
Oil, another 1 tsp
Onion, chopped, 1 average-sized
Pineapple, crushed (from a can, in juice), drained and pressed of excess liquid (juice reserved), a handful
Chillies, green, minced, as desired
>or green bell peppers if using spicy ketchup
Oil, yet another 2 more tsps
Ketchup, a quarter cup
Water, a quarter cup
Salt, as needed
Rice, cooked-and-cooled, 2 cups

Heat half tsp of oil and, when hot, add egg and off the heat.
Swirl the pan about to cook egg evenly, break up in the pan a bit then remove before it browns.
Fry Spam cubes in another tsp of oil until browned on all sides, then remove.
Add the next four ingredients to the pan and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant.
Add ketchup and water and mix to combine.
Add rice and Spam cubes and toss about unitl rice is heated through and liquid is absorbed.
Fold in scrambled eggs and serve.

Om nom nom nom nom.

I like it as a breakfast food.
>>
>>7172397
I'm >>7172414

Yeah, Thai ketchup is different. Maxchup is the most popular brand. It tastes like the triangulated point between American ketchup, Sriracha and Filipino ketchup. It's sweeter than American ketchup and Sriracha but spicier than American or Filipino ketchup yet with more of a tomato-y flavour than Filipino ketchup or Sriracha. If that makes sense?
Filipino ketchup is made with bananas and sugar and is dyed red, but Thai ketchup is made with tomatoes, like American ketchup, but has about as much sugar as Filipino ketchup.
It's the spicy ketchup I was talking about in my post.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.