[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /ck/. I'm not a regular here but it's your advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: CONTEMPLATESUDOKU.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CONTEMPLATESUDOKU.jpg
54 KB, 1024x576
Hi, /ck/. I'm not a regular here but it's your advice that I need.

I have a bunch of ramen in my cabinet. Not good ramen, shitty grocery store ramen. Poorfag ramen. Lately, I can't eat the stuff. My stomach doesn't like it anymore. I suspect it's the flavor packets rather than the noodles. I'm not about to just toss them though.

Any suggestions or recipes for these noodles? Sauces, broths, etc that I can use?

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>7171297
add vegetables like onion, ginger, mushroom, cabbage, carrots

use less of the seasoning packet, it's pretty much meat flavored salt. or discard some of the broth. the excessive amount of salt is probably making you feel bad.
>>
>>7171311
>add vegetables like onion, ginger, mushroom, cabbage, carrots
also a poached or hardboiled egg
>>
>>7171311
>>7171313
I never use the whole packet and usually drain off almost all of the broth anyway. I've never had a problem with salt before either, and eating other things with a lot of salt doesn't give me trouble.

Those are great suggestions, thanks. I'm running to the store tomorrow so I figured I'd ask about stuff I could pair with the noodles.
>>
>>7171319
>I never use the whole packet and usually drain off almost all of the broth anyway.
hmm, i once saw a video that showed a certain brand of ramen noodles took a lot longer to digest, and didn't break down completely like higher quality noodles. it could be this causing your stomach issues. i would suggest just buying a cheap brand of regular pasta or rice noodles maybe, and miso or instant soup broth or something separately.
>>
>>7171347
Yeah, I'm gonna be replacing it, but right now I'm in an "every penny counts" kind of situation, so I want to use the noodles I have left. There's an asian market not far from my place and I'm going to see about getting some yakisoba noodles and learning some good stir fry recipes, though.
>>
>>7171297
Get some thai curry paste (it lasts forever so fairly cheap), add a teaspoon of that and a teaspoon of peanut butter.

Et voila - satay noodles
>>
>>7171379
fuck I meant a TABLESPOON of peanut butter
>>
>>7171363
i see. i think just eating enough vegetables with it will help, and maybe add a splash of vinegar or lemon/lime juice. should help with digestion and make it taste a bit better too.

snow peas and broccoli would also taste good in the soup.
>>
>>7171379
You know, I have never liked curry. I work at a Japanese restaurant and my boss, overbearing prick desperate to seem useful that he is, and an Indian guy, frequently takes the job of cooking for the employees from whichever chef is due to do it that night and makes curry. I have never liked it.
>>
>>7171395
Not liking curry is probably the worst disadvantage a poor aspiring chef could have, shit's so easy to make and so cheap if done right
>>
>>7171406
Yeah, unfortunate I suppose, but I don't really have much choice in the matter.
>>
>>7171409
In that case it sounds like you're already a bit sick of asian cuisine, so next time go for rice (which as you know is dirt cheap) - dishes like poulet yassa require only cheap vegetables and stock cubes, lemon juice and vinegar for the sauce. Look it up, it's an awesome dish, and best of all it is mainly onions which cost fuck all
>>
>>7171416
That's good to know. And, not asian food in general, I've just never liked curry. I didn't like it before I worked there and I still don't like it now.
>>
>>7171297
Get real food. Cook it. Eat the ramen maybe once or twice a week dressed up with protein and vegetables.
>>
>>7171445
Translation: Do better. Thanks for being so specific, that's a huge help. Exactly what I was looking for and totally wasn't already the idea. You should do a seminar.
>>
Spices that ive tried that go well in beef/chicken top ramen are:

sage, rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme, parsely, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, soy sauce (beef only), hot sauce (chicken only), tony checheres (chicken only), pappys choice (beef only)

Other good things to add:
Raw peanuts (to boil), sesame or peanut oil (to beef).

I never used less of the flavor packet, i just added more water.

I used to eat loads of this stuff for years and spent all that time experimenting.. all the other things ive added havent added much significant flavor.
>>
>>7171658
Wow that's a great list, thanks!
>>
>>7171297
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.