[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some food things you do that others might consider elitist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: eggs-at-market.jpg (390 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
eggs-at-market.jpg
390 KB, 849x565
What are some food things you do that others might consider elitist?

For example, I go out of my way to get organic eggs from farmers markets, I swear they taste infinitely better.
>>
I bring my own ketchup to steakhouses.
>>
>>7168052
I go straight to the farmer for my beef and chicken. Refuse to purchase stuff from the store. Partly because it's economical to buy in bulk, partly because I prefer to support local business, and partly because it's a superior product.
>>
>>7168052
Nothing wrong with that. Free range eggs are definitely larger and more flavorful compared to supermarket ones.
>>
I don't consume animal products.
>>
>>7168052
Make my own ketchup
>>
i don't know about anyone else but organic preference due to taste preference isn't elitist at all. you want a better product, you pay more money for it. it's not even that much more expensive. i guess if you refused to eat regular eggs at a restaurant or dinner party, THEN i would consider you elitist.

organic preference due to bullshit anti-GMO/"chemicals" pseudoscience paranoia is a different story altogether.
>>
>>7168052
i point out poorly frothed milk in my coffee

also http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/08/what-are-the-best-eggs-cage-free-organic-omega-3s-grocery-store-brand-the-food-lab.html
tl;dr
>eggs that appeared the yellowest also happened to be the tasters' favorites
after adding green food coloring
>no clear winner, and no discernible trends
basically
>the mindset of the taster has far more bearing on the flavor of the egg than the egg itself

get someone to inject yellow food coloring into your eggs and they'll be even tastier OP
>>
Truffle oil in all the things. Truffles can be used to great use, but it doesn't belong in everything.
>>
>>7168065
I bought organic milk once and it tasted like regular milk. I also bought goat milk, which tasted like regular milk. And soy milk which tasted like water. All of these things also cost me more than regular milk so I'm not convinced it isn't everybody's imagination and trying to rationalize their expensive placebo beverages.
>>
>>7168052
Same

I only buy imported wine and import all my cheese
>tfw euroaboo
I don't have anything against domestically produced stuff or anything like that, i'm just a faggot
>>
>>7168065
>supporting an industry that treats its animals so badly that they need a daily dose of antibiotics just to survive
>>
>>7168119
Why should I care if someone is mean to my food?
>>
I poach very egg I cook, and I do a shitty job of it because my eggs are always weeks old.
Poaching eggs that are old is taboo as fuck because they don't hold well in the water and vinegar you heat in the pan.
>>
>>7168157
I feel like you don't have the best grasp on elitism or the definition of taboo.
>>
>>7168181

Fuck I don't know man, I'm drunk.
I only thought of the worst cooking thing I do and posting it.
>>
>>7168148
It's not the fact they treat animals better, it's the fact most animals that are treated better and are raised in a healthy environment tend to have more nutritional value in their food and taste better.
>>
I only buy local products. Not because they're supposed to be better or whatever, but I always try to support local businesses before anyone else.

Sometimes, though, you just can't beat 50 fucking cookies from safeway for $5
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.