[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you ate a grapefruit? I just had one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: gf.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1071
When's the last time you ate a grapefruit?

I just had one for the first time in probably more than a decade, and it was delicious.

We used to have them in the house all the time growing up, back when people thought they were some kind of diet food (and then dumped half a dozen spoons of sugar on top). I always see them in the grocery store, but it doesn't seem like anyone actually eats them anymore.

No need for sugar or extra toppings; they're like a cheap, bastard younger brother to the blood orange.
>>
>grapefruit
>delicious

eeeeeeeee
>>
Adding a little grapefruit juice to green tea is actually bretty gud
>>
>tfw white grapefruit juice and vodka with taquitos and salsa for breakfast yesterday
>>
>>7166685

Juice: white > red
Whole: red > white
Breakfast vodka: straight, out of a mug
>>
>>
>>7166655
Don't they fuck with meds?
>>
>>7166743
Yes, certain meds can actually be rendered deadly with grapefruit
>>
>>7166764
Or any citrus really
>>
>>7166769

No, not really.
>>
>>7166769
No, it's specifically grapefruit
>>
File: 1448752590053.gif (800 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1448752590053.gif
800 KB, 220x220
They make painkillers work better.
>>
Fun fact: grapefruits aren't natural, they're a hybrid of oranges and pomelos
>>
>>7166808

Same with dxm, if anyone here still has a functioning liver.
>>
>>7166814

>a hybrid
>not natural

I have some bad news for you, anon...
>>
File: 1240886759121.jpg (69 KB, 500x726) Image search: [Google]
1240886759121.jpg
69 KB, 500x726
>>7166814

ah yes

neither are mules, horses and donkeys never copulated until humans came along
>>
Love them, not allowed to eat them because statins .
>>
Is getting really smelling farts something associated with grapefruit?

OP here. Aside from the grapefruit the only other things I've eaten today are the same things I've eaten in the past few days, without anything like the rotten egg smell I've been putting out for the past hour (avocado, coleslaw, vodka, chunk of bread, cashews, Japanese Disney chocolates).
>>
>>7166817

Do people still do dxm? It used to be one of my favorite things up until around a little before South Park did an episode about it.

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/154645/the-school-is-high-on-cough-medicine

I never planned far enough in advance to try it with grapefruit juice, though.
>>
>>7166959
Yeah, grapefruit has a high sulfur content. You can even smell it a little if you rub the peels on your hands.
>>
Try salt instead of sugar.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.