[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on diet coke. WHy do people spazz out about it. you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: o-COKE-ZERO-facebook.jpg (224 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
o-COKE-ZERO-facebook.jpg
224 KB, 1536x1536
Red pill me on diet coke. WHy do people spazz out about it. you practically get the same pleasure as soda + a caffeine boost, without any of the downside of sugar or calories. I think it is the greatest thing ever invented.
>>
Yeah I love cancer juice in moderation but I wouldn't chug it every day
>>
File: slingblade.jpg (2 MB, 3330x1410) Image search: [Google]
slingblade.jpg
2 MB, 3330x1410
>>7165975
>red pill
>>
>>7165979

Why is it cancer juice?
>>
>>7166033
I think it has something to do with the artificial sweeteners used in diet sodas
>>
>>7165975
Diet Coke tastes like garbage

coke > diet pepsi > pepsi > diet coke
>>
>>7166037
Prove that they cause cancer.

>Pro tip: you can't.
>>
Those are literally industrial byproducts (aka industrial waste).
I guess it's okay to drink as long as you're doing it to increase the profits of multinational corporations.
>>
>>7166037
Aspartame is safe, you asshat. Stop buying into this new-age bullshit that everything chemical is bad for you.
>>
>>7165975
The thing I heard is that it is correlated with obessity. The problem is, a lot of obese people drink diet soda. It doesn't mean, of course, that said obessity was caused by diet soda (correlation doesn't mean causation) but people have associated one with the other.
>>
>>7166301
Don't quote me on this, but I read a scientific article not too long ago about how people who drink diet sodas end up more likely to eat foods with higher sugar counts. The article posited that artificial sweeteners leave the body expecting the energy boost that typically accompanies sugar - when it doesn't come, the body craves it even harder, and if the person ends up caving and eating that sugar, it amounts to more calories overall because the ingredients that accompany sugar in solid foods are significantly more calorific than water/other flavorings.

Mind you, I don't know if that hypothesis proved true, but I'm fairly sure they had some sort of measure of brain response involved. I'm sure you could find it through Google.
>>
does this thinks really have cero calories and cero sugar?

I quit drinking diet coke cuz I got fat neck and fat cheeks.
>>
>>7166371
>cero

It's right on the can in OP's image, Jesus.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_011312075.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_011312075.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>7165975
I add crystal light to mine, or packets of green apple jolly ranchers feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>7165975
Aspartame, whilst completely safe in the doses people actually consume is proven to be a carcinogen, but so is everything. The real issue is that whilst coke zero has almost no Calories, aspartame still provokes an insulin response in the body, causing any sugar in the blood to be bound as fat and making you hungrier than you already were. This is how "diet" versions of drinks still lead to diabetes.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/003193849190418N
Also it leaves a bitter aftertaste that most people dislike.
>>
Cherry coke zero is my shit desu senpai
>>
>>7166452
Yes. Dweebs think that diet is better because it says 0 grams of sugar on the back but in reality it just tastes worse and is just as bad (maybe even worse for you)
>>
>drinking chemicals that weren't meant to be consumed by nature
>"it says zero calories it's healthier r-right guys?"

If it's not good for you and you drink it constantly there's going to be a negative effect on your health. You don't need studies to prove that basic logic.
>>
>>7166294
An excess of processed shit is bad for you tho. ppl need 2 use logic & not expect everyone that wants their money to be completely honest & transparent w/them.
>>
>>7166344
I've heard that and people feel a bit more free to have other sweets or fattening foods because they skipped the calories and sugar of a regular soda.

Yeah I don't know why people get triggered by diet so much either. I don't often drink soda (maybe once a week, if that) but I prefer the taste of diet.
>>
>>7165975
Sweet tastes cause the body's insulin response where or not sugar is actually in the food. If you chug diet cock all day you will still get diabetes.
>>
>>7165975
>tastes like shit
>gives you cancer
>HURR DURR WHY DO PEOPLE SPAZZ OUT ABOUT IT
>>
>>7166452
It's been proven to be non-carcinogenic in the doses people eat.
>>
Aspartame also negatively effects the gut microbiota, so it's not whether or not it's cancerous, it has other damaging effects.
>>
>>7166972
lrn 2 reading comprehension.
>>
>>7166344
Splenda and the like will increase your appetite yeah but not necessarily for sugar.
>>7166371
aspartame and ace k have essentially no caloric impact, splenda is 5kcal per packet.
>>
diet coke is fine, it uses sucralose and not aspartame

coke zero uses aspartame and not sucralose

coke zero is the one you should stay away from
>>
>>7165975
>diet coke
Shit. Worse than shit.
>Coke Zero
Actually good.
>>
>>7167145
diet coke just has aspartame and doesn't have ace k like coke zero does, there was a version that had sucralose and ace k though.
>>
>>7166395
How obese are you?
>>
>>7166452
But what if your body can't produce insulin, like with Diabetes type 1? Probably still better than regular. High blood sugar is no fun.
>>
Anyone who thinks aspartame is a momscience Dr. Oz faggot. It can have an effect on insulin through gut bacteria, but if you think that effect is anywhere close to drinking 40 grams of sugar, then you should kill yourself. The cancer meme started because methanol, but you get more methanol from fruit juices and tomato sauce.
>>
>>7167159
Very
>>
>>7167185
Nice post. You almost communicated what you were trying to say.

Fruit juices are fucking nasty processed shit too, so good point, I guess.

If you're capable of reading/posting on 4chan and have a strong-enough ineptness to do so you should/be willing to be able to read & research what goes in your body.

ITT: people arguing why dumb fat unhealthy people are dumb fat and unhealthy.
>>
>>7167278
>ITT: people arguing why dumb fat unhealthy people are dumb fat and unhealthy.

Didn't they ban fatpeoplehate on the internet?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.