[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly are we supposed to eat in 2015 when literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: 161.jpg (96 KB, 1225x1175) Image search: [Google]
161.jpg
96 KB, 1225x1175
So what exactly are we supposed to eat in 2015 when literally everything has been shown to give you cancer?
>>
Whole plant foods
>>
>>7165424
>literally

Fuck off, kid.
>>
ACTIVATING ALMONDS
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 512x512
>>7165424
>shitposts about cancer
>on a chinese image dump that is considered Internet cancer central

Do you know where you are?
>>
>>7165424
Fruit Stripe gum, White Castle sliders and parsnips.
>>
>>7165476
That is shockingly close to my grocery list, but I get doublemint now cause I'm an adult.
>>
Just don't eat anything that's smoked.

What's difficult about that?
>>
>>7165424
Eat tumors.
>>
>>7165504
Or any refined sugars, red meat, hydrogenated oils, soda, white flour, canned goods, salted food, pickled food, alcohol, milk, farmed fish, and processed meat. To name a few
>>
>>7165428
Become a plant you yuppie. Photosynthesis works for them, although I bet in 10 years there's going to be some retard saying the sun gives cancer to plants too.
>>
Yo dog, I'ma let you in on a secret. You're going to die anyways. No ray kurzweil singularity is going to save you.

Eat all that shit and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>7165504
People have been eating smoked food for as long as they've been here.
I bet you're one of those people who won't eat smoked food because it "causes cancer" yet gorges on sugar, alcohol, processed food and then lights up a cigarette.
>>
>>7165424
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa_diet

Okinawan cuisine
>>
>>7165424
Why do you care about dying 12 minutes earlier?
>>
>>7165424
>So what exactly are we supposed to eat in 2015 when literally everything has been shown to give you cancer?

That is, to put it plainly, quite untrue.
>>
>>7165424
Is there actually any proof that eating cancer causes cancer?
>>
>>7165424
You can eat me.
>>
>>7165579

Plants can get tumors.

The effect is not as great because the tumors can't spred to other parts of the plant.
>>
File: soylent.jpg (126 KB, 1120x630) Image search: [Google]
soylent.jpg
126 KB, 1120x630
Soylent
>>
>>7165880
>memelent
>>
File: icwhatudidthere.jpg (108 KB, 879x617) Image search: [Google]
icwhatudidthere.jpg
108 KB, 879x617
>>7165452
>chinese image dump
do you?
>>
>>7166200
Hello, newfag.
>>
>>7166205
super impressed by your oldfag status, senpai
bet that gets the bitches mad wet
>>
Yea, sure everything gives me cancer, but the odds are slim, and in nature we're only supposed to live up to 30 or something anyway.
We've just become so obssesed with healthy food that its starting to overshoot the line.
Its like when people say ''Don't eat bread'', i mean sure, bread may not be the most nutrient filled food ever, but we've been eating it for thounsands of years and we've been fine, as long as you keep a varied diet you are fine.
>>
>>7166217
I've only fucked m00t like twice now, faggot.
>>
>>7166222
>n nature we're only supposed to live up to 30 or something anyway
No, in nature infant and early childhood mortality is much higher than it is in the modern civilized world, so life expectancy is reduced. because that's how math works.
>muh genetics
Also in nature, people like you died because of either bad parenting or bad genes (really amounts to the same thing in the end). But now we have the tech to sustain people who probably shouldn't have been. This gives the human race cancer.
>>
>>7166237
Literally everything you posted has nothing to do with what i said.
>>
>>7166205
pardon me?
>>
>>7165534
Pickles are good for you. Specifically the fermented ones.
>>
>>7166251
Excuse me?
>>
The fact is you will definitely get cancer if something else doesn't kill you first, its the final condition of life, it is inevitable. The very process of living contributed to the gene mutations and degradation that leads to cancer
We have evolved to generally be able to prevent this through child bearing and rearing age, but elderly humans were a burden on society (which we can now easily handle) and historically there was little selective pressure to prevent people old enough to have adult offspring developing, and it may have in fact been beneficial to society for the most elderly of them to die off
>>
>>7165534
don't forget anything that is cooked
>>
>>7166265
Huh?
>>
File: 1449989640509.jpg (127 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1449989640509.jpg
127 KB, 680x680
>>7165452
Why do you redditors keep coming here if you hate this place so much
I don't understand, it's not as if we want you here
>>
>>7166319
I'm sorry?
>>
>>7166321
who are you quoting?
>>
>>7166321
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7165424
Looking to get /fit/ next year, but can't afford the gym yet so i'm changing the diet first.

So is this a good balance of flesh
>2 days of Chicken
>2 days of Oily fish
>2 days of Red meat
>A day of shellfish

All with wholemeal carbs and good green veg
>>
Tip of the day: 100% of people born die eventually.

I totally want to miss out on years of delicious eating and enjoyable moments so I can live to an old age where I can't control my bowels and can't remember 90% of my life.

Eat tasty shit, die at an age where you can remember it.
>>
>>7166345
Hello fatty.
>>
>>7166358

5'11" 183 lb, 10% body fat

Hello envious
>>
>>7166375
Jesus you are fat lol.
>>
>>7166375
you should see about gastric stapling, bertha
clearly you have insufficient self control to make it on your own
>>
Just don't burn shit. It's that easy. Avoid red meat if you're that worried about cancer.
>>
>>7165424
I'm sucking down a delicious 2liter of Diet Coke with cancer right now
>>
>>7166375
>fat manlet
>me being envious

top lel
>>
Soylent green desu senpai
who cares if it's beoble
>>
>>7166375
Fatty fatty two by four can't fit through the kitchen door!
>>
>>7166267

Wrong.

There are people for whom cancer is an extremely rare condition. The rest of us will almost surely have multiple cancers by the time we are in our 50s or 60s but the vast majority of those cancers will never be clinically significant.

The group for whom cancer is rare is people with Down's Syndrome. About the only cancers they get are testicular cancer and leukemia. The other cancers are virtually unknown from that population.
>>
>>7166501
>The other cancers are virtually unknown from that population.
Probably has more to do that they die from their condition before most cancers have enough time to develop, and even if they were actually resistant to cancer that is very different from saying they are immune to is
>>
>>7166259
Nope they contain nitrates which are carcinogenic
>>
>>7166548

Nitrates aren't carcinogenic
>>
>>7166245
He was calling u dumb.
>>
>>7165604
>I bet you're one of those people who won't eat smoked food

More like I rarely eat it. I haven't had a good excuse to have any as of late because the smoked food I like is expensive as fuck. (Compared to whatever isn't smoked, that is.)
>>
>>7166515

It has to do with higher levels of angiogenesis inhibitors in their bodies.
>>
>>7166765
Well that makes sense, but surely if they lived long enough some cells would mutate enough to form tumors
>>
>>7165424
Whole food - plant based diet is your best bet.
>>
>>7166776

They might have a cell or two mutate, but without more blood supply, they just don't grow.

That's why the two cancers they do get are leukemia and testicular cancer. Both already have a very rich blood supply available.
>>
>>7165424
whole plant-based foods
>>
>>7165424
Organic fruits and veggies. Or less.
>>
>>7167422
Organic is actually worse for you cancer wise as they use outdated 'natural' pesticide and herbicide while farming. Conventional farms are allowed to much safer artificial pesticides and herbicides
>>
>>7166375
Dude, you should try to lose some weight pronto.
>>
>>7167485
That's not true.
>>
>>7167538
>Rotenone has been used as an organic pesticide dust for gardens.

>In 2011, a US National Institutes of Health study showed a link between rotenone use and Parkinson's disease in farm workers
>>
File: 5745734.jpg (42 KB, 712x422) Image search: [Google]
5745734.jpg
42 KB, 712x422
>>7167538
It is actually.
>>
Given a choice I would never buy anything marketed as organic. Biggest fuckin scam and the masses bought it hook line and sinker.
They think "Oh it's organic no preservatives and I don't got to wash my veggies lol" then they die of e. Coli because the vegetables they didn't wash had been fertilized with manure instead of something that wouldn't require turning the topsoil and literally ruining the soil every season.

Shit trend needs to get over fast if you want sustainable agriculture.
>>
>>7167538
Except it is

Please keep in mind that natural things are rarely better than modern things
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.